(NecromancerAnne) RG4 - Alleged Self-Antaging as a Free Golem

Post by RG4ORDR » #502181

Byond account and character name: RG4ORDR
Banning admin: Nercromanceranne
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server/Ghost Role Ban
Ban reason and length: Self-Antaging as a Free Golem
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Like 1 PM IIRC
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil
Your side of the story: I joined earlyish into the game about three minutes when it was low pop. I was feeling kinda of bored so I observed and checked out the scene. Nothing too crazy so I check the ghost and see golems are available. Here starts the process of classic Free Golem shenanigans. I find an Ayy shuttle and make myself into an alien golem. Otherwise It's pretty peaceful I'm doing research, hadn't even made a mech, doing some mining and about 3-5 times I raided the station and took their minerals from their ore silo. Like basically all of them, and at one point I broke into the captain's office and got arrested and sent back to lava land. Originally I said in the ahelps.
"Well the captain arrested me."
Not really an excuse but I had stolen ore prior and was just saying something when I got accused of self-antagging with the Golem. This was the 3rd time I've done it., though one time is dubious claim to it, and the other was me actually self-antagging as a golem. Anyway I just stole ore from the station, feeding into our own ore silo on the golem ship, and then I blew the ore silo up so the station wouldn't have anymore to get. Why? Someone had been saying I was stealing the ore, which is true. I stole the ore and I made a pretty annoying move by deleting all the machine's access to the ore silo THEN blew it up. Though I pretty much intentionally used tier 1 gibonite in the vault to explicitly avoid trying to kill people. Also I didn't want station mechs coming to mess with our ship.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I wouldn't say I need to be unbanned, more as a reduced time. What I did was pretty shitty, I wasn't trying to intentionally griff people by being a golem. Stealing their ore and blowing their silo up? Most definitely.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: (NecromancerAnne) RG4 - Alleged Self-Antaging as a Free Golem

Post by PKPenguin321 » #503065

Please put the ban length in your original post, on this line:
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #503082

This ban was placed during round 112348 on Sybil, at approximately 20:40UTC~ on 2019-07-04. The player was playing as Alien Cassiterite, the free golem. (src, statbus, scrubby)
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #503128

Full ban reason:
Decided to bomb the station with gibtonite to destroy the vault and prevent the crew from getting further ores. They did this because they were arrested by the captain for being in the captain's office, a legimitate reason for the captain to arrest them. Has a history of self-antagging in the past using golems, and this is a case of extremely bad escalation. When you come back, consider not doing shit like this again.
The ghost role ban is permanent, the server ban is a month (31 days).
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
RG4ORDR
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4ORDR » #503206

PKPenguin321 wrote:Please put the ban length in your original post, on this line:
Ops forgot to put that in there.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #503381

There isn't anything alleged in this appeal. If you are stealing stuff from the station, which you didn't mention in your ahelp but does absolutely no favours in your case, and then using the station's potential reactions to that (especially for being in the captain's office and being arrested by the captain as a consequence) to set off gibtonite and cutting off ore access, that is self-antagging. Golems are a neutral party in terms of validity but in this case you went out of your way to disrupt the station and cut off its ore supply and material supply because for some reason you thought they would send mechs? But they hadn't actually done anything to you. The captain was completely within his rights to remove you from his office as well so you can't use that as an excuse. Just be thankful he didn't kill you.

Consider this if you would. If you didn't want mechs coming to kick down your door, don't steal their materials in the first place. Don't then use you own actions to validate destructive actions like setting off gibtonite. Any explosives are bad it doesn't matter how big the boom actually is. This is just a series of griefy actions in a row for absolutely no real reason.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #503407

I would also like to make note that this is after repeated, similar actions from you with past instances of you using golems to grief or self-antag. Hence the size of the ban. This is beyond warning or even moderate punishments, which you've already received prioer to this ban. Eventually you need to realize what the problem is and stop it, or we step in and stop it for you.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #504531

Okay so since nothing has been said since I replied I'm going to go ahead and deny the appeal since I haven't done already. I was waiting on a response but I suppose none is coming.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #506267

Seems to be resolved.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg