andrejjanka
Byond Username: Andrej99

[FloranOtten] Andrej99 - factually incorrect note

Post by andrejjanka » #568279

BYOND account: Andrej99
Character name: George Petrovich
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a Captain, permabrigged somebody for asking for all access. Cited this as proving their intent to steal all access.
Time ban was placed: 2020-07-03 19:04:14
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: not included in the note

Your side of the story: I found the guy in HoP's office with the doors hacked and bolted open, no other reason to be in the HoP's office other than to steal all access. I didn't permabrig him for "asking for all access", he stormed out of the HoP office as soon as he was caught, and then he asked for all access. FloranOtten had the wrong assumption because It seems that the other guy tried to make it seem as if he was "perma'd for asking", and my reply was obviously not well worded since it created this misunderstanding. I meant to say that his question reinforced the fact that he was in HoP's office with the intent to steal all access. The mere fact they were trespassing into the HoP office was what proved his intent, because there is no other reason to be there. Another guy was also arrested with him and he didn't ahelp or complain, and there were other tiders in the HoP office in that moment. I also think FloranOtten thought I was lying about catching him in the HoP's office, because all the logs were from the room above the HoP office, but that's not the case because later Doctor Brutality confirmed that the guys prints were on the hacked HoP office door. Instead of checking for prints FloranOtten told me to stop ahelping them or I will get muted and that the next time I do something like this, I would get a command ban. I believe their reaction was unwarranted, especially since they didn't look into my side of the story in full detail. On the other hand I also believe that I maybe provoked this reaction because I was acting a little sassy, and I want to apologize for that. I don't hold any grudge against FloranOtten as I believe this was all a misunderstanding. I was doing multiple things in the same time at that moment (replying to ahelp, replying IC, and dealing with my dog who was sick and vomited in my room at that moment haha) and I should have probably given my full atention to painting the picture more clearly.

Now, one could argue that the mere trespass into the HoP office is not reason enough to perma someone. I based my decision to do so on an occurence when Edgar Pope, a character played by an admin, lethal injected me once for being in a room with an ID console (the one near arrivals). I wasn't in posession of AA in that moment, I was just in the office. I am not citing this occurence in order to say "boohoo admemes bad" or make a point about "edgar admeme => can do whatever he wants while I can't boohoo", instead I am using it as an example of where my understanding of the rules regarding such situations comes from, as he has done this to me two rounds in a row, and I was told that such graytiding warants consequences. And I agreed with this and still do. Assistants are not entitled to AA every round, it doesn't make sense. The reason I am justifying this part of the story as well is because now I am unsure of what I can and cannot do in such situations, as I am getting mixed signals from different admins. On the other hand, if this part of the story is irrelevant to the appeal, feel free to ignore it.

Furthermore I would like to thank Doctor Brutality for reacting in time to confirm my side of the story with evidence even if FloranOtten has already made their ruling. I would also like to apologize to him for bringing up our interactions in this case, as it may seem if I am trying to make a point about how "admemes can do whatever they want". I am not. I sincerely based my understanding of the rules regarding these situations on his examples. And I think that he sets good examples because in my opinion, such retaliation to disorderly conduct makes the most RP sense. A gamer crusade to get AA in order to prove your robustness doesn't, at least in my opinion.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe that the note should be removed as it is based on a misunderstanding. I am not blaming FloranOtten for the misunderstanding, I am blaming my own inability to properly paint the picture of what happened at that moment, and I would also like to apologize to them once again if the way I replied seemed sassy. I was personally a little ofended by the fact that they did not believe me that I cought the perpetrator in the act, but it is understandable since at first glance, most of the incident happened in the room north of the HoP office (Conference room? Not sure how it's called). Thankfully Doctor Brutality was there to hear me out and as I already mention, he found his prints on the hacked HoP office door. There were no prints of his on the ID console, because I caught him before he had the time to get to it, since he was not the only tider in there.

References of good conduct: I think that the fact I lack any further negative notes is a sufficient reference of good conduct
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Re: [FloranOtten] Andrej99 - factually incorrect note

Post by FloranOtten » #568340

Yep, you're right. I didn't notice that. I'll remove the note.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
andrejjanka
Byond Username: Andrej99

Re: [FloranOtten] Andrej99 - factually incorrect note

Post by andrejjanka » #568344

Damn when I looked at the other appeals, I probably shouldn't have written this much. Based wall of text note appeal