Byond Username: Absolucy

[Saegrimr] Darkbitt - "You must be over 18 to play"

Post by aspen » #598522

BYOND account: Darkbitt
Character name: N/A
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "You must be over 18 to play"
Time ban was placed: Late 2016 I believe (November/December-ish?)
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagel
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A
Your side of the story: Quite simply, I was immature and didn't understand the rules, to the point of taking issue with the ACTUAL rules being enforced on me. The story is that I was new to the game and acted annoying and dumb. I didn't understand the concept of "ick oock", so I got OOC muted several times, eventually ending up with what I think was a 24-hour OOC mute. I took issue with this (not realizing that I was 100% to blame for not understanding the rules), I went to the IRC, and argued with Saegrimr over it for a bit. Saegrimr, who was probably (very understandably) fed up with my shit, gave me this ban instead.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been 4, almost 5 years since this ban was first put in place. I ban evaded some - leading to some rather edgy infamy, which just made it harder for me to legitimately come back. I've matured since then (for one, I actually fully understand the concept of "ick oock" now), and actually intend to play the server in good faith - no more ban evading, no more stirring shit with admins, or anything like that. Recently I've been rather interested in trying to play SS13 again, due to boredom and the fact that I'm having trouble getting invested in anything else.
References of good conduct: I'd say Hippie, as I was a maintainer and admin there for a short while, but na, that place is a shithole now and I have enough self-respect now to not resort to begging y'all to listen to what anyone from there has to say. Can I say coderbus? Most of the people there didn't entirely *hate* me, which is a good thing at least.
Anything else we should know: I don't have access to the "Darkbitt" ckey anymore (deleted account from password manager after I initially quit SS13)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [Saegrimr] Darkbitt - "You must be over 18 to play"

Post by oranges » #598528

Seems fine now let them in
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #598542

Hi ! Saegrimr is no longer on the team so I'll take this.

It's been five years and your history seems totally fine on other servers, I see no reason to keep this in place. But - we only allow one ckey per user, so Darkbitt will remain banned, but you'll be able to play here as EmpressAspen without any trouble. I'll go ahead and lift this for you, let me know if there are any problems.

Welcome back gamer !
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
aspen

Post by aspen » #598584

side-note: I appear to be banned from the Discord, do I just appeal with the reason/time of ban being "N/A" because I legit don't remember when I got banned from the discord?
Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #598585

This would be a separate appeal, but yeah. Whoever handles it will figure it out.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #598598

MRTY is blacklisted so this needs to go to MSO.

You should probably include all your other names so it doesnt look sus because no one is going to want you unbanned if they think you're being subversive.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #598599

Hi, this ban appeal should be revoked on the basis that the unbanning admin did not do their research!
Sylphet wrote:
It's been five years and your history seems totally fine on other servers
This is, explicitly, not the case. See:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... tt#p327691

They also have two ban evasions on record.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... tt#p256275

Here's kevin insisting they have four ban evasions.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... tt#p327690

There's also like, 5 other ban appeals for this ban specifically.

You are incredibly lucky that a new admin who has no history with you got to this appeal first before anyone else did.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #598604

leading to some rather edgy infamy
Lets talk about that actually!

Your primary ban reason is for breaking rules on alt accounts to grief and occur multiple "first and last" warnings while pretending to be new and """accidentally""" breaking rules.

Your secondary ban reason is for ban evading while knowing that a byond bug relating to your stickyban would randomly ban half the server when catching you evading. This is also why you are gitbanned.

You were also big in the ban evasion tools scene, helping to release a few revisions.

You were/are also banned from nearly all of host chat's servers.

Oh, ya, there is also the underage thing. We can go ahead and undo that ban, you're (probably) 18 now.

Could you please take a moment and address those other issues?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
aspen

Post by aspen » #598610

MrStonedOne wrote:
leading to some rather edgy infamy
Lets talk about that actually!
Sure. I'll try to answer the best I can.
MrStonedOne wrote: Your primary ban reason is for breaking rules on alt accounts to grief and occur multiple "first and last" warnings while pretending to be new and """accidentally""" breaking rules.
Yes. And I'm sorry for pulling that shit - looking back, it must've been annoying and irritating for the admins to deal with my unfunny antics.

This is the reason I an legitimately appealing the ban through the proper channels, and taking the time to address these questions.
MrStonedOne wrote: Your secondary ban reason is for ban evading while knowing that a byond bug relating to your stickyban would randomly ban half the server when catching you evading. This is also why you are gitbanned.
If I'm remembering correctly, that wasn't 100% intentional - I don't what CAUSED the bug (or how to intentionally trigger it), although I did think it was kinda funny at the time.

Also, the gitban was undone. Last thing I PR'd was eating bees.
MrStonedOne wrote: You were also big in the ban evasion tools scene, helping to release a few revisions.
This was a product of "I'm bored and this is interesting" combined with several bad influences - I've moved on and am doing more productive stuff (stuff that doesn't inconvenience other people) with my time now, although I'd feel that going into detail about such things are off-topic (although I will go into detail if you want me to, but it's not SS13 or BYOND related in any way)
MrStonedOne wrote: You were/are also banned from nearly all of host chat's servers.
Erm... Yeah. I can't really deny facts, and I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this in a way that people would be content with.
MrStonedOne wrote: Oh, ya, there is also the underage thing. We can go ahead and undo that ban, you're (probably) 18 now.
You'd be correct about the "probably 18 now" thing.
MrStonedOne wrote: Could you please take a moment and address those other issues?
If you have any other concerns or questions, feel free to ask them.
aspen

Post by aspen » #598666

Wait so um, is this accepted or in some weird "kinda accepted but we're not sure" state? I tried to log on to the server with my current ckey (EmpressAspen), but it still got caught by the "Darkbitt" ban, which had the reason changed to say that the new account (EmpressAspen) *was* allowed, and that the old key was just remaining banned because 'only one ckey'.

Sorry if I worded that badly.
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #598670

It falls on MSO jurisdiction, so he needs to say if you're getting unbanned or not. This is due to you being on the blacklist.
Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #598676

aspen wrote:Wait so um, is this accepted or in some weird "kinda accepted but we're not sure" state? I tried to log on to the server with my current ckey (EmpressAspen), but it still got caught by the "Darkbitt" ban, which had the reason changed to say that the new account (EmpressAspen) *was* allowed, and that the old key was just remaining banned because 'only one ckey'.

Sorry if I worded that badly.
I lifted this, but I missed some important information, so it was never mine to lift. It's not denied just yet, but neither is the appeal accepted and you should not be able to connect to the server at the moment. Every part of this appeal handled by me doesn't matter and has been overturned, and it falls to the server host to make the decision. Sorry to get your hopes up, kind of my fault.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #598889

Headmins, you should read into the deleted post above, it does have something important to at least check into relating to beestation.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #598895

I would make an argument that the gross understatement in the appeal body is a borderline ban appeal forum rule 10 violation. Darkbitt was a notorious enough ban evader that I bet a dozen banned accounts could be found by searching the data base for "mrty alt" or similar. I'm fairly sure there's a couple stickybans under his/her name too. Saying "I ban evaded some" is an insane overstatement.
aspen

Post by aspen » #599046

BeeSting12 wrote:I would make an argument that the gross understatement in the appeal body is a borderline ban appeal forum rule 10 violation. Darkbitt was a notorious enough ban evader that I bet a dozen banned accounts could be found by searching the data base for "mrty alt" or similar. I'm fairly sure there's a couple stickybans under his/her name too. Saying "I ban evaded some" is an insane overstatement.
If you want me to write an essay, well honestly you're asking the wrong person, I suck at writing and my memory sucks even more. I don't need to regurgitate information that you already know, I expect the admin team to make informed decisions without beating around the bush like that.
aspen

Post by aspen » #599048

But honestly, if this is just going to go nowhere at all (I'm used to people dragging their feet on fucking everything at this point), just throw my appeal out the window, nuke the thread, and I'll take the hint and fuck off.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #599057

aspen wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:I would make an argument that the gross understatement in the appeal body is a borderline ban appeal forum rule 10 violation. Darkbitt was a notorious enough ban evader that I bet a dozen banned accounts could be found by searching the data base for "mrty alt" or similar. I'm fairly sure there's a couple stickybans under his/her name too. Saying "I ban evaded some" is an insane overstatement.
If you want me to write an essay, well honestly you're asking the wrong person, I suck at writing and my memory sucks even more. I don't need to regurgitate information that you already know, I expect the admin team to make informed decisions without beating around the bush like that.
it wasnt obvious enough that an admin unbanned you based on the information provided to them on the appeal (which is to say not enough).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #599076

Cobby wrote:
aspen wrote:If you want me to write an essay, well honestly you're asking the wrong person, I suck at writing and my memory sucks even more. I don't need to regurgitate information that you already know, I expect the admin team to make informed decisions without beating around the bush like that.
it wasnt obvious enough that an admin unbanned you based on the information provided to them on the appeal (which is to say not enough).
This was my fault, they were open about what their ckey was and the information was there on our side of things. I didn't read enough into their history or make the connection between all of the ckeys, even though they gave us all of the information that I would have needed to do that. My mistake shouldn't be held against them for the appeal or taken as any kind of evasiveness on their part - they also openly admitted to being mrty before this appeal got any real attention in their discord appeal, here https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28981
deranging
Byond Username: Deranging

Post by deranging » #600024

According to goonmins, they've doxxed someone. I'm unable to find info on who was doxxed but I trust them.
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=14417

Also the stickyban system randomly malfunctioning when they were ban evading explains why I was randomly stickybanned in 2017 for no reason.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #600456

Since MSO has not responded to my attempts to contact him about this ban Ill just go ahead and deny it. He can overrule me if he likes.

Im gonna deny this one given your extensive history of evading. As well as cross server history.