[Thunder12345 ] RRGarfield - Played glockroach wrong, banned from all ghost roles

Appeals which have been closed.
iamgarfield
Byond Username: RRGarfield

[Thunder12345 ] RRGarfield - Played glockroach wrong, banned from all ghost roles

Post by iamgarfield » #640728

BYOND account: RRGarfield
Character name: Glockroach
Ban type: Banned from Roles: Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn permanently
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:Banned from Roles: Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn permanently - Was spawned as part of a group of glockroaches in CentComm ahead of round end. Proceeded to start killing other glockroaches for no reason, and showed no indication in PMs that he cared about anything other than having his own fun by ruining any event he gets to be a part of. Appeal on the forums when you understand why this kind of behaviour is detrimental, until then we have plenty better players to fill ghost roles.
Time ban was placed: 2020-09-05 17:31:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 145744
Your side of the story: I was spawned as a 'glockroach' in a group at roundend at CC. Having no spawn message, I thought it would be okay to to battle with the other glockroached. It was not and I was banned from Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn permanently.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been two years I've been banned from practically all ghost roles for acting against an admin's intention for their silly roundend thing. Being banned from so many unrelated roles for this minor slight committed feels difficult to justify.
Anything else we should know: I just want to play this game.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345 ] RRGarfield - Played glockroach wrong, banned from all ghost roles

Post by Thunder11 » #640844

Original ticket:
► Show Spoiler
This ban was originally placed because you made it clear in the original ticket that your first priority when participating in any kind of ghost role or admin event was to "have fun" by doing whatever you can to ruin the fun for everyone else. Nothing in this post suggests you've done anything to reconsider your stance towards other people's fun.

As far as I am concerned I see no reason to alter this ban, denied.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
iamgarfield
Byond Username: RRGarfield

Re: [Thunder12345 ] RRGarfield - Played glockroach wrong, banned from all ghost roles

Post by iamgarfield » #640882

This was 2 years ago. I'm sorry for ruining your glockroach event and I won't do it again. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?