[DISCORD] <Royalderg>

Appeals which have been closed.
royalderg

[DISCORD] <Royalderg>

Post by royalderg » #652433

Discord username: <Royalderg#9964>
Banning admin: <Omega_DarkPotato#1232>
Ban reason: posted a bait-and-switch video that went into instructions on how to refine uranium and build a (very, very crude) nuclear bomb. Not only is this in violation of rules 7 and 13, but it's also very close to the federal offenses regarding dissemination of nuclear weapons or the information to build them. DO NOT DO THIS THANK YOU>
Time ban was placed: <7:20 AM, MST. 9/16/2022>
Your side of the story: <Posted a video that had obviously fake information on how to make a "nuclear bomb". In the reasoning the admin alludes to it being illegal and also "correct" information on how to make an explosive device. This is completely false. I would also like to point to US Federal law https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/832
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2339A
expert advice or assistance
(3) the term “expert advice or assistance” means advice or assistance derived from scientific, technical or other specialized knowledge.

and this term listed above. Now I will give you some advanced background I am not a nuclear bomb scientist, as much as I wish I was. Hence any information given is not illegal, especially when this information is completely inaccurate. As such, it also does not breach discord ToS as its not illegal, if you would like a copy of Discord's ToS here is one provided. https://discord.com/guidelines
Now if you wish to find a nuclear bomb scientist and inform me the information is correct, well then I will take the warning. >
Why you think you should be unbanned: <I don't think an official warning was justified, I think a slap on the wrist for a quick shot of adrenaline before realizing the guide was fake is fair. I can understand the position of a discord jannie and how seeing anything with the term "nuclear" is scary. Also because the intent wasn't to actually inform it was posted off the back of an in-depth guide on how to make fentanyl (which that one is actually accurate and that individual received no warning).>
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: [DISCORD] <Royalderg>

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #652437

13: Posting videos that switch tones from normal to rule breaking mid way thru will increase your punishment and decrease the likelihood of any bans being appealable.

Your video described hooking up trinitrotoluene (TNT) to the core, that in a correctly working device would cause an implosion around the fissile core and create the fission chain reaction.
Although the physics package won't work thanks to the fact that your uranium isn't refined to any degree with the route suggested, you're still describing the creation of a conventional explosive device. Denied.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #652438

Also, as an addendum: "Also because the intent wasn't to actually inform it was posted off the back of an in-depth guide on how to make fentanyl (which that one is actually accurate and that individual received no warning)." isn't a valid argument - "someone else broke the rules x way, this means I shouldn't be punished" has never been an accepted way to skirt the rules yourself. If you see rulebreaking posts, report them, don't post a video about making a bomb instead.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
royalderg

Post by royalderg » #652440

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:41 pm 13: Posting videos that switch tones from normal to rule breaking mid way thru will increase your punishment and decrease the likelihood of any bans being appealable.

Your video described hooking up trinitrotoluene (TNT) to the core, that in a correctly working device would cause an implosion around the fissile core and create the fission chain reaction.
Although the physics package won't work thanks to the fact that your uranium isn't refined to any degree with the route suggested, you're still describing the creation of a conventional explosive device. Denied.
I assume a firecracker is also an explosive device and if I say to put tnt into a metal box, with "a fuse" I'm now telling people how to make a bomb? At least you admit that the uranium isn't refined which was pretty obvious. Anyways ripperino.
royalderg

Post by royalderg » #652441

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:43 pm Also, as an addendum: "Also because the intent wasn't to actually inform it was posted off the back of an in-depth guide on how to make fentanyl (which that one is actually accurate and that individual received no warning)." isn't a valid argument - "someone else broke the rules x way, this means I shouldn't be punished" has never been an accepted way to skirt the rules yourself. If you see rulebreaking posts, report them, don't post a video about making a bomb instead.
That was merely to point out that the treatment wasn't the same. Even though the information in one post was accurate (and got no punishment) and the other one was not (beyond just using common knowledge of wow you put explosive thing in a box and make it go boom it go boom).
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #652505

Royalderg has mentioned that they are no longer wanting to pursue continuing this appeal. Resolving.

https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 2892206111

Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.