Post by Aferalghoul » #724682

BYOND account: A feral ghoul

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
() - Server Ban
(✅) - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length:
Ban/note reason: Ended up detonating an explosive grenade on some construction work security had done, killing themselves and destroying some of their work. Seems to have been an earlier altercation where they were present at some other explosion and /one/ sec officer had assumed it was them and attacked them afterwards as a result - this may have been ahelpable, however, going back and responding with department wide griefing against the work of those who were't even involved is not cool. Overall this round reads weirdly in the logs, the player manages a single line of chat "hell" as they're dying once, and otherwise doesn't speak until after their suicde bombing in an MMI. The entire chat log is 6 lines and 11 words for the entire round, some dead, mostly as an MMI calling sec shit. Some very questionable gameplay here. Player disconnected after these events and could not be contacted, they actually joined the start of the next round, were bwoinked, and disconnected once more... Please file an appeal if you have some justification to present for these actions, otherwise don't bomb like this or turn an individual issue into an excuse to grief a whole department.
Time ban was placed: 2024-03-09 21:45:18
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 225273

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
(✅) - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Greetings,

Firstly, I ask for your understanding and forgiveness for any inadvertent mistakes resulting from my inexperience and impulsive behavior. Throughout my extensive time spent across numerous Space Station 13 servers and server hubs, I have never received any warnings or bans, rendering this situation unfamiliar to me.

Regarding the incident at hand, I acknowledge my own carelessness and emotional reaction following a long and hectic day. Regrettably, my actions disrupted the enjoyment of my fellow players to some extent. I engaged in reckless behavior by experimenting with chemicals in a security checkpoint within the security hallway of a specific station/map, resulting in my demise multiple times. This led to an in-character punishment by a security officer, culminating in further consequences such as being repeatedly incapacitated in the Medical bay due to an order from a superior.

Subsequently, in a fit of frustration, I destroyed two turrets positioned at the security checkpoint, exacerbating the situation. Following this escalation, I was transformed into an MMI and continued to express my frustration verbally towards another officer. Eventually, I disconnected from the round but later reconnected in a state of confusion until contacted by an admin, whose appearance prompted me to disconnect once more, not out of deceit but due to my bewildered state of mind.

The subsequent events are somewhat hazy in my memory, but I am compelled to extend my sincere apologies to my fellow players and the dedicated staff who contribute to making the server hub a unique and enjoyable environment. I understand that forgiveness may not be immediate, but I write this appeal as a gesture of reconciliation with those whom I may have inadvertently disrupted. I am willing to closely abide by the rules and refrain from disrupting others' enjoyment. I am open to and value every constructive opinion offered, and I am committed to monitoring this post for any responses.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my appeal.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: A feral ghoul - Note appeal for 2024-03-09 21:45:18

Post by Sightld2 » #724698

Iain0 is the banning noting admin and I've pinged them for you.

iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #724699

Hi there,

I suggested you file an appeal if you had any justification to make ( presuming this would somehow factor into the judgement rendered and hence the note ).

Not really seeing much here other than largely admissions of your behaviour and thus this doesn't present anything for me to consider in changing things.

Please explain why you think the note is unfair or what adjustments you think should be made, otherwise this just stands as is (on the grounds this isn't really an appeal so far).

The note serves merely as a cautionary tale to you and not to repeat such things with it eventually weighing in on future decisions should you repeat similar actions sufficiently or sufficiently problematically. There is no forgiveness required, just move on and try not to repeat the events.

Thanks
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #725221

I intend to close this appeal as abandoned if no reply within the next day or two.
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer

Post by iain0 » #725406

Alright, time to put this thread to sleep. Good night thread.

Appeal closed/rejected/appealer unresponsive