Post by junkgle » #727857

BYOND account: Junkgle

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
() - Server Ban
(X) - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length: NOTE!
Ban/note reason: "verbally harrassed sec officers by calling them pigs, making pig noises, and stam critting them with pillows. Please tone down the hate speech in the future. "
Time ban was placed: 4/30/2024
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 228101

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
(X) - The ban/note needs modification
(X) - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:

I can't call an officer a pig ICly? for context, during this round, I was roleplaying as a homeless assistant begging for change. In the latter half of the round, I had gotten into a chase earlier with security and around the end of that the revenant that had been around the whole shift had emagged the shuttle console causing it to leave immediately. Because of this, I start yelling at the detective ( who I thought was a sec officer ) because they were the nearest security personnel near me ICly for not dealing with the revenant (as well as other people were mentioning over comms.) I was not angry in this encounter, I was quite literally just playing the role of a pissed off homeless assistant. I start smacking the detective with a pillow and calling them a pig, big fat ugly pig, saying oink noises whatever. the thing is this is IC, and only IC. There is no "hate speech" here. They are literally playing the role of a security officer while i'm getting mad at them with my role of homeless assistant. Verbal abuse? Sure, I guess? However, let me clarify: I WAS NOT MAD AT THE PERSON PLAYING THE SECURITY OFFICER WHATSOEVER. THIS WAS NOT OUT OF REAL MALICE. If this is TRULY a problem, I can tone it down. I do not like the usage of "hate speech" in this note in reference to an in character security officer. I do not see how this takes the form of "hate speech." It does not apply to a sex, a gender, an ideology, or a race. It applies to a JOB. It is IN CHARACTER. If I can't get the note removed, i'd rather just have the last part removed.
Dunham
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Dunham

Re: [Dunham] Junkgle - noted for ic behavior

Post by Dunham » #727867

Hey there,

I would like to apologize and say that I thought calling sec officer's pigs was a bit much when others are in agreement that it's allowed on the server.
It was a bad call on my part and I'll remove your note.