1. Anyone is allowed to post with information relating to the episodes that lead to the note, relevant past unaddressed rule-breaking or borderline behavior by the appellant, or to provide positive feedback giving proper examples of good conduct. Opinions without concrete examples that can be verified through logs or other means are not appreciated.
2. You must wait until the end of the round, to avoid breaking the IC in OOC rule.
3. Use the template.
4. Try to keep your note appeal calm, concise, to the point, and properly formatted.
Notes are remarks to help keep track of behavior, trends, and interactions with players. They have many uses and are not exclusively used to record rule breaking behavior, but we do recognize while some of them may even be positive, often their existence can seem like a black mark on the player. To minimize that they should follow some guidelines:
1) Role of the players involved (if relevant)
2) A succinct description of what happened and which rules were broken, including the administrative measures taken if any.
3) How the interaction played out, including their reaction, such as if they understood what they did wrong, if they were apologetic and polite, if they tried to fix the mistake, if they were argumentative, and the likes.
Notes may be appealed to comply to these standards if they currently do not.
The process itself
After you post your note appeal, the administrator that applied the note will respond, posting relevant logs from the round you were noted in if requested. If said administrator is retired or unavailable for any other reason, another one will take over the appeal. During this entire time anyone is free to contribute according to the posting rules described above. After either everything has been said or enough time has passed from the date of the logs being posted, a ruling will be made by the administrator handling it to determine if said note will be removed, modified/appended or if it will stay as it is. The headmin can overrule this decision if they think the decision was incorrect.
Copy this template into your post. Replace the portions surrounded with <angle brackets> to complete your appeal.
Code: Select all
[NOTE] [<Admin Name>] <Player Name>
Code: Select all
[b]BYOND account:[/b] <BYOND account.> [b]Character name:[/b] <Character name at time of the note.> [b]The note itself:[/b] <Copy this from the server. View your notes with "View Admin Remarks" button under OOC tab in-game. An image is suitable, but do **not** paraphrase or otherwise modify it.> [b]Time note was placed:[/b] <The note has a timestamp, it should be in UTC.> [b]Round ID in which note was placed:[/b] <Round ID, should be present in the note. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 101235.> [b]Your side of the story:[/b] <Explain what happened in your own words.> [b]Why do you think it should be removed/reworded:[/b] <Why should you get this note be removed/reworded, was it unfair? Justify it.>