Byond Username: Artilljerist

[complaint] aurelien3189 artilljerist

Post by artilljeristus » #570305

BYOND account: artilljerist
Character name: Israel Shalom
Admin in question: aurelien3189
When did it take place: 23:47
Round ID in which ban was placed: 4407
Evidence: Can't reach ahelp logs myself. I'll explain the matter bellow.
Your side of the story: Just shortly before the opening of the shutters, Aurelien pinged me about, "do I have a few minutes?". Since I was already in battle, I answered "no". In the midst of the battle, Aurelien continued to write something, but I couldn't read it for obvious reasons - it's impossible to combine active combat and advocacy at the same time. At the roundend, I wrote to him that I now can talk to him, and after writing me a whole sheet of text, he gave me a ban. I didn't have enough time to understand anything, and I hardly understand why Aurelien, realizing that I could only talk to him in the lobby, took advantage of the fact that I cannot answer a number of his questions. This is a little sneaky in my opinion, and this is the second time I notice this approach to any of his questions. As it turned out, the problem was that I FFing marines too often, and it seemed to Aurelien that I'm doing this on purpose due to the fact that I twice shot at someone in the dropship. I already explained what happened when I wrote an appeal in the right topic:
jimminian95
Byond Username: Aurelien3189

Re: [complaint] aurelien3189 artilljerist

Post by jimminian95 » #570323

Pardon the late response, but the gist of this ban particularly has to do with behaviour. I'm not good at intros, so I'll address points directly.
Just shortly before the opening of the shutters, Aurelien pinged me about, "do I have a few minutes?". Since I was already in battle, I answered "no".
Well first off, you were in the FOB with all the barricades set up just after stepping off the dropship, as you said, 'shortly before the opening of the shutters'. So you weren't in combat, in fact you left the FOB to fight just after being messaged. I'm not sure if this really needs explaining, but when staff asks for your time, it's usually a polite gesture to allow you to get to safety before handling mod issues, it is not a pass to charge into battle and wait until round end to address a ticket.
What about the dropship - there was a lag, I clicked somewhere and there was a shot. Then someone knocked me over and the rifle fired itself a second time.
According to the logs, you had harm intent on and was aiming for the head when you point blanked the SL, which in itself is a suspicious feat to accidently do, especially after a round where there were many instances of your character standing directly behind marines and shooting through them while also aiming for the head. Image Image

Normally, I'd assume it was an honest mistake or at worst a cheeky play, such mistakes are not uncommon and we do have players who'll apologise and work to clear things up, or even to adjust their act. However, the way the responses came in and the simple claim of having no time to talk shortly before leaving a safe area before combat seems at best, a bit reckless and at worst, dishonest and lacking in effort.

For the sake of clarity, here's the ahelp logs:
[2020-07-20 23:15:31.362] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): Heya, you have a moment?
[2020-07-20 23:15:42.877] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): no
[2020-07-20 23:16:10.910] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): Just need to go over a few things with ya.
[2020-07-20 23:16:24.485] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): well as I said I don't have too much time, right?
[2020-07-20 23:17:07.576] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): Well, it's before doors opening and we do have some issues we need to go over, best we do it now rather than let it cause more trouble than we need to
[2020-07-20 23:19:02.332] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): So a couple things. For one, we've noticed you had a streak of FF as of late, alongside shooting a marine in the dropship, no?
[2020-07-20 23:19:58.646] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): later
[2020-07-20 23:37:13.686] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): listening
[2020-07-20 23:38:52.482] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Young Defender (83)): Alright, these are the rules, FF is a big no no and when responding to mod issues you'd have to reserve time or staff will simply apply the notes. if you don't have anything to refute it with, you have a case of PB'ing a marine in the dropship alongside other repeated habits of getting behind marines and accidentally decking them with a sniper, aiming for the head implying that the repeated accidents were done to cause mischief.
-
- Anyways, next you come on, please do go over the rules, watch friendly fire and do respect the staff, and you'll have to change your name in accordance with your previous note (named "Israel Shalom" while speaking in hebrew, in compliance with RP and speaking english). Afraid this'll prompt a 24 hour, but in the meantime you can ask us on the topic of the rules in our discord.
[2020-07-20 23:40:30.878] ADMINPRIVATE: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok) has created a temporary 1440 minutes server ban for Artilljerist. Reason: Repeated FF in previous rounds (aiming for head with sniper, repeated accidents), PB\'d a marine with a sniper in the DS. Upon being asked, told staff to wait until he had time (by the end of the round) to respond to his mod issues
artilljeristus
Byond Username: Artilljerist

Post by artilljeristus » #570326

Spoiler:
jimminian95 wrote:Pardon the late response, but the gist of this ban particularly has to do with behaviour. I'm not good at intros, so I'll address points directly.
Just shortly before the opening of the shutters, Aurelien pinged me about, "do I have a few minutes?". Since I was already in battle, I answered "no".
Well first off, you were in the FOB with all the barricades set up just after stepping off the dropship, as you said, 'shortly before the opening of the shutters'. So you weren't in combat, in fact you left the FOB to fight just after being messaged. I'm not sure if this really needs explaining, but when staff asks for your time, it's usually a polite gesture to allow you to get to safety before handling mod issues, it is not a pass to charge into battle and wait until round end to address a ticket.
What about the dropship - there was a lag, I clicked somewhere and there was a shot. Then someone knocked me over and the rifle fired itself a second time.
According to the logs, you had harm intent on and was aiming for the head when you point blanked the SL, which in itself is a suspicious feat to accidently do, especially after a round where there were many instances of your character standing directly behind marines and shooting through them while also aiming for the head. Image Image

Normally, I'd assume it was an honest mistake or at worst a cheeky play, such mistakes are not uncommon and we do have players who'll apologise and work to clear things up, or even to adjust their act. However, the way the responses came in and the simple claim of having no time to talk shortly before leaving a safe area before combat seems at best, a bit reckless and at worst, dishonest and lacking in effort.

For the sake of clarity, here's the ahelp logs:
[2020-07-20 23:15:31.362] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): Heya, you have a moment?
[2020-07-20 23:15:42.877] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): no
[2020-07-20 23:16:10.910] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): Just need to go over a few things with ya.
[2020-07-20 23:16:24.485] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): well as I said I don't have too much time, right?
[2020-07-20 23:17:07.576] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): Well, it's before doors opening and we do have some issues we need to go over, best we do it now rather than let it cause more trouble than we need to
[2020-07-20 23:19:02.332] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom): So a couple things. For one, we've noticed you had a streak of FF as of late, alongside shooting a marine in the dropship, no?
[2020-07-20 23:19:58.646] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): later
[2020-07-20 23:37:13.686] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Artilljerist/(Israel Shalom)->Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok): listening
[2020-07-20 23:38:52.482] ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok)->Artilljerist/(Young Defender (83)): Alright, these are the rules, FF is a big no no and when responding to mod issues you'd have to reserve time or staff will simply apply the notes. if you don't have anything to refute it with, you have a case of PB'ing a marine in the dropship alongside other repeated habits of getting behind marines and accidentally decking them with a sniper, aiming for the head implying that the repeated accidents were done to cause mischief.
-
- Anyways, next you come on, please do go over the rules, watch friendly fire and do respect the staff, and you'll have to change your name in accordance with your previous note (named "Israel Shalom" while speaking in hebrew, in compliance with RP and speaking english). Afraid this'll prompt a 24 hour, but in the meantime you can ask us on the topic of the rules in our discord.
[2020-07-20 23:40:30.878] ADMINPRIVATE: Aurelien3189/(Jong Hyeok) has created a temporary 1440 minutes server ban for Artilljerist. Reason: Repeated FF in previous rounds (aiming for head with sniper, repeated accidents), PB\'d a marine with a sniper in the DS. Upon being asked, told staff to wait until he had time (by the end of the round) to respond to his mod issues
Thanks for the answer, I understood a lot of new things. Well, actually, I was sitting behind a machine gun in front of the first western line of metal barricades at the moment when Aurelien asked me a question, and I was distracted by the shooting. I was really at the FOB, but at the same time, and practically near its attacked exit, I was simply busy. I didn't run away from the question at all, it just so happened that Aurelien's question came exactly at this unfortunate time. Moreover, I was even going to answer and barely wrote to him in ahelp, but by that time the shutters already opened and I didn't have enough time to finish the message and send it.

Yes, it looks suspicious. I have already explained the details in the appeal, but I will repeat: keep an eye on the marine in front of your magnified scope when you are trying to track down the boiler, or just shoot the xenomorph that running past is kinda problematic, since you are looking at the opposite side of the screen, and the marine in front of you in the point-blank range is closed with blind spot. The lag on the shuttle was out of my control, my hit on the SL was accidental, given the fact that the mechanics of the shot here work simultaneously with your butt blow, perhaps this has something to do with high ping. Harm-intent and a tuned sight to the head is often a normal practice among the marines, I can judge this by the fact that when I got hit by FF, all the hits were in my head, from completely different people. If I'm not mistaken, aiming at the head helps to kill the xenomorph faster.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #570398

Aurelien acted entirely right in this whole incident. To be quite frank, there are game mechanics here that make it extremely obvious you are lying - in the first screenshot Aurelien posted it is shown that you struck the other marine with your T-64 - that's a melee hit, the result of you clicking directly on him, not anywhere near him and he just happened to be unlucky standing in the way. There are some others I won't expose just so we can make sure to catch any future 'accidents'. This complaint is denied, as is your appeal for the same reason.
Change your name the next time you log in.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]