Discord Server Perma ban

Trevorious
Byond Username: Trevoriousdafox

Discord Server Perma ban

Post by Trevorious » #588273

Discord Username:Don't Shoot#5955

Commonly Used Names:AE, Don't shoot, idk some other names like awoo

Banning Admin:Terranaut

Ban Reason: Well I was never given one, I was told to stop talking in the help channel and then got banned. I had been drinking all day and can't really remember everything that was said.

Time Ban Was Placed: Around 5 PM, ET

Your Side of the Story: Well I had been drinking all day, got abombed from pette randomly, got very upset and took it way to far. The whole situation is very sad and ignorant. I know I really made an ass out of myself and resent it. But still I do think to permaban me from the entire server is pretty harsh. This is also not the first time terra has done this to me, and last time I had to get another headmin to step in and undo the ban. Both times they just said to stop once then went straight to the perma... I could understand a temp ban from the server to sober up. I don't think removing people you don't like is good admin ethic or good for the server in general. It's not my place to say that persay but it's my opinion. I really do like the server and the discord. I have lots of friends in it that I can only keep up with and talk to on there. I am not a model player in the community or anything but I'm not a bad apple. I would like the ban to be lifted and I can be put on some kind of behavioral probation if that would be acceptable. Thank you for taking the time to read this and responding.

Why You Think You Should Be Unbanned: Well I'm not a bad community member, I don't really cause any trouble on any real level other than sometimes arguing about balance or some such. This was taken way to far by me but I don't think the end result was really fair to me either. I just want to be able to return to the discord and talk to my friends.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Discord Server Perma ban

Post by terranaut » #588287

First off, there's no temporary discord bans, the platform simply doesn't offer that as an option.
As to why, you were pretty much spamming the help channel being pretty argumentative with everyone who even engaged you (including some other person who told you not to spam it before when you were ranting about getting a-bombed because you'd softlocked the round by leaving the ship after boarding).
Now that you've sobered up and realized you were being a denthead the ban is lifted, but to let me be very clear with something: I don't dislike you, because I don't care or think about you at all. You simply didn't take the hint when I kicked you because you wouldn't stop flooding the help channel with your rant, and you'll do much better going forward if you don't try to find reasons to consider yourself a victim all the time.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Trevorious
Byond Username: Trevoriousdafox

Re: Discord Server Perma ban

Post by Trevorious » #588302

Hello, thanks for handling this so quickly, again I apologize.
I apologize to pette as well and that random guy in the discord. I know none of you actually care but, I am sorry.
I had apparently drank almost an entire fifth of vodka so that would be why I was so gone and mean. I don't really know if you do or don't have any kinda bias against me. It's not relevant now anyways.

Again, I deeply regret and resent the actions I had taken during the incident and will not be repeating the behavior ever again.

Thank you for your time.