[COMPLAINT] [<MJP/Dudeman100>] <Naloac>

Post by Naloac » #690826

BYOND account: Naloac
Character name: Lepi Mewtera
Admin in question: MJP/Dudeman100
When did it take place: 03:39:24
Round ID in which ban was placed: 21463, 21462 is relevant too
Evidence: below
Your side of the story: I had joined TGMC to play some, while playing it became relevant to ask for a song, dont remember exactly why but I asked for a song in an ahelp, this lead to me and some admins joking around and having a generally fun time.

Logs within
► Show Spoiler

These logs aren't super relevant but they show the general vibe of me and the admins in the game. I feel like with this context and the fact I was not told to stop a single time by any jannie. That I was in the clear to be silly with some people I see as good acquaintances. The next round I was memeing on the discord and ingame as I normally do. As im playing I notice two of the admins I was talking to in ahelp where in a private channel. I asked to join in an ahelp posting the same thing (amoguscock) I had posted earlier with no problems. MJP then came in and told me I wasnt being funny in the ahelp. I see this and say "okay" thinking ill stop the joking now I dont want to get banned since someone who wasnt there for the joking last round had joined. 6 seconds later I am banned for 3 days. I take issue with this as as much as 5 other admins had seen the joking on both discord and ingame and not a single one had reacted in any way but positively (even joining in and posting similar themselves), how was I supposed to know that the one time a negative reply from one person would lead me to be punished for 3 days when I had been talking to almost entirely the same crowd bar one.

simply telling me to stop would have caused me to stop. The only clue I get before being quickly banned was being told I was not funny by one jannie while being told by others they would quote "->Naloac/(Lepi Mewtera): be there in 4 minutes for hot erp 18+ 26hours long". I am not a mind reader I cannot suddenly be able to tell I was crossing a line when just a round prior my actions had been totally fine and even approved. Asay might have been a different story but I cannot see that and would have no idea. Simply saying I am not funny is not telling me anything but that you dont find me funny. how am I meant to know that means stop and dont continue when I have multiple other admins, senior and head admins laughing with me. I saw you say this on the discord that

and I agree it is contextual, with the full context I believe you can see that this entire thing was me, some admins and a headmin all having fun. Without the full context I can see how you would think I was simply being a shithead but with the full context you can see that I was not only effectively approved to post the way I did but encouraged. After being banned I continued being silly because the same jannies continued being silly with me again posting the EXACT SAME IMAGE I HAD. I thought perhaps naively that the ban would be removed and was perhaps a joke ban due to me never being told to stop and the same joking manner continued. This carried onto the appeal where I gave the benefit of the doubt in my initial post in a joking manner that with the proper context of the previous rounds the ban would be lifted.
Dudeman100
Byond Username: Dudeman100

Re: [COMPLAINT] [<MJP/Dudeman100>] <Naloac>

Post by Dudeman100 » #690941

To be frank, I logged on to you literally posting explicit content in tickets after I timed you out on the discord, and then you decide later to stir more people into doing the exact same thing as a "joke". The admins involved should've told you off in the first place considering you've had a history of doing this before and got permabanned on TG discord apparently for posting the exact same thing after being timed out by MSO himself for doing it? I think I'm fully justified in applying the 3 day ban in the context I was in and leaving it applied even after I learnt some of the extra context considering you stirred others to do the exact same thing.

For the appeal, the first letters of your poem literally spell out "AMONGUSCOCKPINGSUS" which leads me to believe you didn't take it seriously at all, so I denied it on that basis.

On a side note I noticed that your TG appeal (which I didn't even know existed at the time since I don't even play TG) got denied apparently because of me applying the ban on you, I think if anything you should've known better that continuing this very behavior isn't a great idea considering you state on your TG appeal that it's a silly gaff one time affair when it clearly isn't.
Otter
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Otterwatch

Post by Otter » #690998

Your history of doing the exact same action in multiple discords and also in your appeal has not helped your case. A bit can be funny for a bit and there are some things you can stretch, but repeatedly posting explicit content without seemingly any context besides "haha, gamer joke reference" both isn't allowed and isn't funny to look at. It would be a different story if you didn't use your appeal to shitpost further.

MJP handled this situation appropriately. You broke our rules through ignorance or not and paid the price. You also continued to encourage other people to post that same image replying to you which got responses. That doesn't make you immune to the consequences of your actions either.

I will close this complaint in a few days.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #691084

I really think denying this under the basis of "admins should know better" is extremely weak. How was I meant to know that it was a step too far when even after my ban one of the head staff posted the exact same thing I did. How would I as a player know me doing the exact same thing was "too far". Yes I did encourage it but again I read the room with many other jannies and that very obviously for all of them was completely fine. Have those jannies been told off for bad conduct? have any of them been banned? This is 100% a double standard considering the fact I was encouraged just as much as they encouraged me without the encouragement it would have never have happened.. The room found it funny, MJP did not. how was I meant to know that I would be treated differently than people in positions of power who apparently should know better and should have told me off. None of them doing so, including a headadmin. I really didnt want to bring them up since with the context of the room it should be plainly obvious that this was a non serious matter taken seriously by someone who could have asked the others there but apparently didnt.

in response to me continuing to joke in the appeal heres the timestamp.

image of the time when I posted it
► Show Spoiler
the time is actually 04:17 UTC as im in BST

Seeing a headmin post the exact same thing would make anyone think yes this is all a joke. The blame seems to be wholly placed on me, Either a group of admins and one headmin are in the wrong and should have told me hours before to stop. or MJP was in the wrong by jumping the gun. Both are an issue of admin conduct in different ways. Why should I be the one punished for issues on the admin side of things? Admins encouraging someone to continue to be silly when obviously from the reply is not allowed. The lack of viewing the full context and the sticking to guns when the logic by itself is flawed overall. This sort of ban is effectively saying you cant talk and have fun with admins without the possibility that one might think its a step too far while the others continue to do the exact same thing you did only, you get punished for it while they do not. This sort of attitude is extremely bad. either all of its okay nor none of its okay and even if only some of it was fine. A warning atleast would have made more sense than jumping to a three day ban, even then the ban leaves out the entire context painting a much worse picture than the reality.