Kokodril04
Byond Username: Family_friendly_username

[Wirpy] Family_Friendly_username - permaban regarding language

Post by Kokodril04 » #702836

BYOND account: Family_friendly_username
Character name: Jack Schitt
Ban type: server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Family_friendly_username) is banned from playing here.
The ban reason is: Willingly bypasssed the word filter to say xigger even though they knew it would probably be filtered. You should read up on our rules and re-think how to be more decent. We don't tolerate rascism here and you admittign to essentialyl wanting to say the n-word is nono.
This ban (BanID #3330) was applied by Wirpy on 2023-09-05 22:50:30 during round ID 23121.
This is a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed: This ban (BanID #3330) was applied by Wirpy on 2023-09-05 22:50:30 during round ID 23121.
Server you were playing on when banned: Terragov Marine Corps
Round ID in which ban was placed: 23121
Your side of the story: I was leaving prep room when i said "i hate xiggers" for no particular reason, to my surprise the game allowed me to say it when i vividly remember the game stopped me from doing it all my time there, i get bwoinked and disccuss it with the admin Wirpy, he seems very interested in proving that i am a bigot and that my intention was to just sit down and try to bypass the filter, on my last message im muted from admin chat, after being unable to keep answering for a while i wait and get banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have a long play time here, i really intent to play, im here to play and not to deal with this and neither to try to break the rules, what do i bring to the community? in every social media im in i praise this server, as far as dedicating my entire youtube channel to make this game known, this server known and always praising the community, game and staff, teaching every new player in prep room, i even find it more fun than actually playing, and making a bit of memes and fanart of it, i have such a good idea of this server that im quite surprised this got me into trouble, saying this ban was unfair falls short, i wouldn't bother fighting an admin thunder and other weird things the admins love to pull off on me base but not this for something i didn't mean.
References of good conduct: I can proudly say this is my first ban in any server, never had problems get this serious in any other, only automatic chat mutes for spamming *flip in vanilla servers.
Anything else we should know: Well i was indeed muted for 1 round because of an homofobic slur i used during lobby in the same server, this was handled magnifically and i even agreed to it, sadly the note doesn't reflect this (this was months ago), well if im here appealing is because i really intent to play and i can't even believe im here, going over roadblocks such as making an account and writing / reading in a site with such a small font

link to said channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCknAaO ... TALL3EmWow

I really hope the staff can come together and settle this, saying the rules are outdated, the admin's way of handling this is more diverse than Costa Rica's fauna and saying the rule enforcement is inconsistent is an understatement, i hope i can get a better grasp on what is cool for you guys and what not because there are rules in the Wiki that don't even apply anymore such as RP friendly names, minimum performance as command or RP at all

Last edited by Kokodril04 on Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [Wirpy] Family_Friendly_username - permaban regarding language

Post by Fikou » #702839

You posted this in the wrong forum (The tg ban appeals, not the tgmc ban appeals), it has been moved.
Kokodril04

Post by Kokodril04 » #702862

will do, i used the link that the wiki provided me
Mikisx123
Byond Username: Mikisx1234

Post by Mikisx123 » #703022

i did the sane thibg but in tg forum
wirpy
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Wirpy

Post by wirpy » #703500

First of all, you don't come off as being remotely sorry or apologetic for your behaviour which I told you in your ban reasoning that you should think about. Even in your appeal here you can't come up with a reasoning that makes sense for you saying xigger, just because you can doesn't mean you should do something. It's a shit reasoning for saying a slur.

Beyond that, reading your appeal it comes off as being of fairly low quality and effort and It reinforces what I've previously mentioned above.
Like if I ask you, do you think you think this ban could have been prevented and If so how? What would you answer? Think about it for a bit and reply with a answer here If you'd like.

Anyways, I'm going to let the ban stick for now due to the low quality, low effort and un-apologetic nature of your appeal in relation to what you were banned for.
You are welcome to appeal once more 5th of October which is in a month from the day you were banned.
Kokodril04

Post by Kokodril04 » #703530

Good early morning Mr Wirpy

In our conversation in the PMs of the game (which i included in the appeal) and the appeal i can be seen saying that i never mean this to happen, neither to try to do this again or anything remotely similar, i always thought of appeals as a chance to further clarify the situation, sorry if i misunderstood and you had more a "im sorry" appeal in mind, for i can easily do one but i decided to opt for a more elaborate one (which i will do on the date you stated), i find very demotivating to see that you find my appeal as low effort and low quality being that it follows all the rules of the forums and it follows and fills every emtpy space the template provided, adding pictures of the admin help and proof of my contributions, and not being short on words either, I even feel hurt that im getting swears in your response, so i kindly ask you to guide and help me into writing one that fulfills the standards (preferably in a reply here).
of course it could have been prevented if i didn't decided to type that game ambiented slur and hit enter.
I really hope im just wrong here and maybe my mind is making me believe stuff that isn't, but i could swear you were aware of this appeal from the very first day i submitted it, after all you provided me the link to the website to appeal via discord, (thankful to see you were impatient to check with my appeal) so i will suppose you were just busy, but getting this info earlier would provide me with more time to write one that fits my case better, saving time for both of us.
Keep in mind im answering this very same day just hours later, but i also understand we don't all have the free time, must be quite tiring to watch over the server and im thankful you took time to asnwer me, even if it meant doing it in the early morning, in the end we both want the best for the server, even when we have very different ideas.

PD: Giving the ban appeal format and rules a fourth reading i was unable to find anything hinting what should be the nature of my appeal but just the requirements and behavior, i suppose that contributed to the confusion on what i should aim in my appeal for and what you were expecting, so sorry.

i kindly await for your response, Mr Wirpy
wirpy
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Wirpy

Post by wirpy » #703856

I'm going to give you a second chance and lift it making this roughly a week ban served so far. I hope that you'll learn from this and that we won't see repeat behaviour. Consinder re-reading the rules and thinking before you type something out that may be questionable in regards to the rules. Apply common sense when applicable.

If you think something will get filtered by the wordfilter or is probably not allowed to type out on the server, simply don't. There's no need for you to check wether its filtered or not. And as always, feel free to ahelp.

Anyways as a final word, I want to make it very clear that If this behaviour is repeated the permanent ban will be re-instated. If you have issues connecting after this, feel free to ask for help in #help on discord.