Post by Zheak » #707792

BYOND account: Zheak
Character name: Victor Schwartz
Ban type: Permanent Ban
Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Image

Time ban was placed: 2022-09-27 07:34:03
Round ID in which ban was placed: 16785

Your side of the story: I got a far too heated in OOC after another player at the time was dragging around flashbangs as a runner into Marine's flamer fire due to a bug from which I no longer remember the cause to which I began using homophobic slurs and hurling a few insults at the person out of anger, I believe the bug was due to a recent change to the game which allowed grenades to explode in fire as if it were primed in-hand by a Marine and thus caused the entire Marine team to become unable to move from being flashed at least two times by the player which caused me to lash out after I had asked an admin to intervene as it was wholly unfair for the Marines who couldn't react to the situation, I do not recall if I had ahelped it or just flung into OOC immediately at the time.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've spent a little over a year ruminating and distancing myself from BYOND as a whole for at least half a year after I was banned, infrequently playing on Sybil and/or Manuel, I can say for certain that I am no longer that person and was overtly stressed due to other circumstances at the time and often used TGMC as an outlet for my inappropriate behavior and fully believe my ban was warranted and that the half-year I've stay away from playing BYOND for a majority of the time allowed me to cool down and realize my mistakes and not take so much of the game personally.

References of good conduct: I have mostly stuck to playing Sybil and on rare occasion playing Manuel maybe a handful of times and sometimes popping into Colonial Marines to see what recent updates they've made and how they're doing from time to time, not particularly playing the rounds as often as I do watch or just chat with dead chat so I am unsure if I should have the references of good conduct here as I don't play too often, but would like to believe most of my interactions with the player base and staff (primarily, on Sybil) to be positive none-the-less.
Otter
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Otterwatch

Re: [Soulstolen] Zheak - Permanent Ban

Post by Otter » #708871

Ban lifted. You are on thin ice regardless.