1Tommy
Byond Username: Tommy__2007

[Ridgyax] Thomas Morley - Whoops

Post by 1Tommy » #708157

BYOND account: Tommy__2007
Character name: Thomas Morley
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 31 Days
Ban reason: Used a Soporific Autoinjector on the CMO, and then stuffed them into a locker, then welded it. Prior to this, the CMO (Rosa 'Rose' Borden) and another marine (XF3) had all been disarm shoving each other. Banned for a month due to this incident, and a prior incident of the same type with using a Soporific Autoinjector. I was unable to talk to you, due to a lack of response when PM'd. If you feel this ban was made in error, or wish to appeal, do so here viewforum.php?f=7
Time ban was placed: 18:56:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Terra Gov Marine Corps
Round ID in which ban was placed: 23776
Your side of the story: XF3, the CMO, a random PVT, and I were messing around shoving each other in medbay, after a bit I went to go and get sopho injectors because I was getting utterly shit on and sophoed the PVT and the CMO, after this I went and locked them in a medical locker and went to go and eat my dinner after getting into a cryosleep pod, XF3 then welded the lockers. I came back to alot of unanswered admin PMs from Ridgyax and had seen that I had been banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe my ban was unfair as for 1 I did not weld the CMO and the PVT into the lockers, it was XF3, so clearly logs were not checked and not everyone involved in the situation had their side heard, in fact I have asked XF3 and he says he was never bwoinked. As well as this I literally said "I'm going to go and eat my dinner now", that clearly would have explained why I was not responding and could have been found out if logs were checked, I could have been asked when I got back rather than just banning me for 31 days.
Anything else we should know: As stated before, I do not think logs were checked and not all parties involved were questioned meaning that a gross overenforcement of the rules took place, sure I had been noted for sophoing someone before but that was months ago from what I'm aware, I do not think a ban was incorrect but I do believe that 31 days is very excessive for what is normally seen as "soft" grief it would have delayed CMO for 2 minutes and they could just continue on with their round, in fact I wouldn't have even been in medbay if an admin hadn't smited me for pushing XF3 on the alamo.
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Re: [Ridgyax] Thomas Morley - Whoops

Post by AwkwardStereo » #708158

Wrong subforum. This is the TG13 main ban appeals. The following link will take you to the TGMC subforum. You can either delete this and repost it or just wait for an admin to notice this and they'll move it for you. It really doesn't matter.

viewforum.php?f=70
lorwp
Byond Username: Lorwp

Post by lorwp » #708159

Moved to TGMC Subforum.
1Tommy

Post by 1Tommy » #708162

Because it was moved there is no [BAN] in the title, aw shucks
Ridgyaxe
TGMC Administrator

Post by Ridgyaxe » #708343

That was my bad for the Ban Appeal post going to the wrong place, I've just realized that I've linked the wrong forum. I apologize for that, and thanks to the folks that moved it to the appropriate place.

"after a bit I went to go and get sopho injectors because I was getting utterly shit on" There are very few scenarios in which a Squad Marine should ever grab a soporific (Medical Assistant, a complete accident, testing purposes on someone that has given consent), and you have at least one prior incident in which you've used one.
"after this I went and locked them in a medical locker" This is just as good as welding a locker yourself. As for logs on the locker, it does not show who welded the locker, merely who had touched the locker. (Though I will say I did not check the locker, because I did not know which one was the locker in question, and was unaware of how I would check the logs for the locker itself in the first place.)
"As well as this I literally said "I'm going to go and eat my dinner now"" I did not search for logs in which you were talking, and was unaware that you would ever be coming back for that round, as you were in a cryo sleep console. I believed you to be observing the round at that time.

I believe these your actions were malicious in this entire incident. You have several other poor behavior notes (7 to be exact, with the first one in August. Two whole months, 7 poor behavior notes.) I will be DENYING this appeal, unless other admins have something to say or add.
1Tommy

Post by 1Tommy » #708380

i know this will change nothing but sopho injectors literally have a nod towards sleeping rowdy marines in their description - just wanted to say that
1Tommy

Post by 1Tommy » #708381

To add to this sophoing someone shipside isnt really malicious in my eyes, its literally shipside, sopho lasts 5 minutes, its very different to shooting someone until they have like 100 shraps or periplussing them or QC+ ing them, quite an overreaction id say.