[Ridygax] Revelation - Permanment Ban

Revelation

[Ridygax] Revelation - Permanment Ban

Post by Revelation » #708416

BYOND account: IFN Mccree
Character name: James Jamison or CS-M-Rifleman (???)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason:
Time ban was placed: 30/06/23 - 19:55
Round ID in which ban was placed: 21940
Your side of the story: I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what happened, it's been a little while - but the ban note seems to be accurate. I had an extensive history of attacking other marines for a variety of things, and a few of those times did end up with administrative action being taken. As well as the FF incidents, I believe I had received an extensive level of notes for LRP behaviour (such as breaking windows and doors). Furthermore, I received a variety of actual bans - these are;
So, generally, quite severe. I cannot check the dates (nor quantity) of my notes, but I am sure there are just as many (if not more) that highlight my previous behaviour.

Why you think you should be unbanned: All I can possibly say in my defence is that, for the better part of a year, I have not neccesarily been in the best mental headspace - and juggling between work, university, and a medley of other nonsense does not neccesarily help with that at all. However, that cannot (and should not) even be remotely an excuse for the range of generally antisocial things I've done. Even in my past interactions on discord (Via Revelation#8468), I showed little to no remorse in the periods after my punishments.

Simply put, I was unacceptable. I will not attempt to explicitly defend any of my actions, because given the amount of hours I had on TGMC, I should have known better - and with what was going on in my life, known to simply step away from a game which had actively been frustrating me. My unwillingness to step away from TGMC was the direct cause of my escalating amount of rule breaking on my part was something I should have nipped on the bud myself. I attempted to take breaks, but never truly put the game aside.

Although a weak argument at best, all I can say is that things are much better for me now. A variety of factors influencing my life have been removed, and I have lowered my contracted hours substantially in order to give myself more breathing room. I cannot, and will not, make the same mistakes I made before - and I would want to use my extensive playtime and experience in the game to at least help myself and others have fun again, as opposed to merely venting my frustations and being inconsiderate to my fellow players.

References of good conduct: N/A.
Ridgyaxe
TGMC Administrator

Re: [Ridygax] Revelation - Permanment Ban

Post by Ridgyaxe » #708537

While I would have liked you to have a reference of good conduct, you do seem to be quite remorseful, and as you state, in a different situation than you were months ago.

Ban Appeal APPROVED, WITH the caveat that you are on extremely thin ice for the moment. I would advise you to be on your best behavior, and if there's a situation you don't particularly like, or you feel yourself getting angry over, to just walk away from that round, go play something else, and come back when you've cooled off.