DISCORD : Beartrap0666 : Rule 3/5

Beartrap
Byond Username: C12a23b02

DISCORD : Beartrap0666 : Rule 3/5

Post by Beartrap » #709853

Discord username: Beartrap0666

Commonly used names: Quinn / Goober

Ban reason: Posted a Coffin of Andy and Leyley meme depicting Andy and Leyley standing in front of Hyperborea with a black sun spinning behind them with text saying "Agartha is your sisters womb"
the meme was in bad taste and potentially makes discord angry for the black sun iconography

Time ban was placed: 11/5/2023 around 8:00 AM for my time zone

Your side of the story: I saw people posting andy/leyley memes and had forgotten that Black sun iconography is forbidden in TGMC

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe and agree that the main reason behind the ban was the inherent risk to the Discord as well as the fact it will most likely upset other users with that iconography, i don't want to cause any risk to the discord nor do i want to make any other users feel unwelcome / upset because of said memes and if unbanned i'll work better at taking those matters into account before posting memes especially if they are in any way risque.

Note - Since this was a Discord ban i am unable to actually see the banning admin or the reason behind it however i'm pretty sure this was the reason.
Otter
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Otterwatch

Re: DISCORD : Beartrap0666 : Rule 3/5

Post by Otter » #709906

The "meme" was in extremely poor taste and contained more than the first bit of text including something about incest followed by and I quote "Children born to Ni***rs or Mothers over 30 are likelier to have genetic defects" end quote.

Along with the other parts you mentioned, it was a jack of all trades in breaking our rules and most likely discord's ToS. The most I'm up to doing is reducing the ban to shorter than a permanent ban.

I will await your response to this and then make my judgment.
Beartrap

Post by Beartrap » #709990

i did not watch the entire video before i posted it i just copy pasted it from another discord and assumed it was just a gif with audio looping, however since it did have other rule breaking things in there its completely fair to reduce it from a perma ban instead of just lifting it entirely
Otter
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Otterwatch

Post by Otter » #710263

After some consideration, I will reduce your ban down to a month from when it was instated. You will be unbanned on the 4th of December CST.

If I forget by that time, feel free to shoot me a dm or get someone else in the server to ping me about it.

I will be closing this now.
Beartrap

Post by Beartrap » #710266

thanks oomfie