NyoomVoyager
Byond Username: Doomvoyager

[COMPLAINT] [Ridgyax] Doomvoyager

Post by NyoomVoyager » #716383

BYOND account: Doomvoyager
Character name: No ban issued, and Tiktoker-219, researcher
Admin in question: Ridgyax
When did it take place: 12/21/23 21:21PM UTC
Round ID in which ban was placed: No ban, 24859 for most recent instance though I want to acknowledge this is a pattern of behavior.
Evidence: I've opted to put log excerpts where they were relevant to the "my side stuff"
Your side of the story:
This is a general complaint. Ridgyax is not capable of comprehensively reviewing admin matters brought to their attention either by in-game systems or player-submitted ahelps. There have been, on numerous occasions, matters where someone presented an ahelp (or Ridgyax was made aware of some information by other systems, ie, death log), that Ridgyax responded to without looking into logs or other in-game evidence of the matter before administering a ruling, which has led to them getting important facts and clarifying, and sometimes essential, information outright wrong in the management of ahelp responses.

In particular, the referred to round from above, I had repeatedly asked for me to be able to do my job and for the RO to send an ASRS pad to FOB, so I could do my job.
When this was prevented, I committed FF on another player on my team by shooting them in the groin with a one-handed buckshot shotgun one time. I am aware this qualifies as grief. I am not debating whether this was grief.
(Also of note, I am not petitioning that particular note and my actions in it, I was heavy-handed but the experience has left me with the impression Ridgyax is not capable of handling administrative matters).

When I presented the matter in ahelps that I was told to "Find rope. Honestly." by the person I shot, I also in good faith let the admin viewing the ticket know that I DID retaliate unfairly after being denied opportunities to do my job, prompting being told to kill myself.

Instead, Ridgyax responded by saying:
1. I was asking the marine to do my job or grant me permission to do my job and was upset they were not listening. I explicitly said the opposite, I wanted the player to NOT do my job, so I could do it, me. Cursory review of chatlogs would reveal that I requested this at least twice.

"[Requisitions (FCDR)] So and so says, "Ok send me research tools."
[Requisitions (FCDR)] So and so says, "As well."
[Requisitions (RO)] So and so asks, "Terminal too?"
[Requisitions (FCDR)] So and so says, "Theres a uncut rav here."
[Requisitions (FCDR)] So and so says, "Nah got terminal."
[Requisitions (FCDR)] So and so says, "They just forgot the thing."
[Requisitions (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "Nah, I can get it."
Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "Nah, I can get it."
You flip the plasteel barricade closed.2
You flip the plasteel barricade open.
[Requisitions (RO)] So and so says, "Sending to tad."
"[Requisitions (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "Please stop taking my job."
Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "Please stop taking my job."
[Common (Eng)] SGT Quint 'Bad Luck' Hawkings says, "Arty is all set up, Two MLRS, Howi and mortar." (left because this shows the admin responding was active on the same channel I was speaking at the time I requested to be let to do my job)
[Requisitions (FCDR)] So and so says, "Rav all cut."
[Requisitions (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "Fuck you FC.""

"[Common (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "I said to send the ASRS to FOB and I'd cut the rav."
[Common (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "You people won't let me do my job.""

2. I was told in ahelps by Ridgyax that I had "attempted to murder the FC". I shot the player in the groin once with a one-handed grip on a combat shotgun loaded with buckshot while they were wearing their armor and promptly walked away seeking no further fight.. If anyone would like to log dig for this, it'd be appreciated as I couldn't find it in my chat log, but I have the utmost confidence in everything I have presented here, with only some uncertainty as to whether I shot point-blank at one tile, or from one or two tiles away. "Attempting to murder" the player is a gross overstatement that indicated to me a complete lack of review of the combat logs related.

3. I was told the spurring of this issue was my fault, as I had not "gotten my shit on tadpole" which was "a lot easier than trying to get sent your materials than waiting for someone's antenna now";
this completely ignores that I requested the ASRS pad to FOB, not some rando's antenna where I got frustrated because it wasn't sent or something; that the RO explicitly confirmed they would send the ASRS to me in FOB, a conversation we had on radio, and that I justified with why I wanted the ASRS there:

[Requisitions (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 asks, "ASRS to fob?"
[Common (RO)] So and so asks, "Are both plats autod?"
You begin to take Unknown substance out of the lightweight IMP backpack
[Requisitions (RO)] So and so says, "On next payment."
[Requisitions (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "Okay. Someone took the fultons but I have a sent body here to pay for it."
[Requisitions (RO)] So and so asks, "Both fultons taken?"
[Requisitions (RO)] So and so says, "Guh."
You begin to take Unknown substance out of the lightweight IMP backpack
[Requisitions (Rsr)] Dr. Tiktoker-219 says, "Ye."
The short of this, at least, is both set-ups were equally equipped, there was no lack of preparedness here that caused the issue to arise as Ridgyax had charged me with.

(This also duly ignores that neither FOB nor TAD had an ASRS to that point and I requested it to the FOB; at this point, both TAD and FOB had research tubes, something that Ridgyax could very easily see if he was near the FOB or bothered to look, as he had requested a turret to the FOB immediately either before or after my request and was perhaps 15 tiles away from me running artillery within the FOB itself)

4. After I began to give pushback that I believed Ridgyax did not even bother reviewing logs as their blatantly false responses to me demonstrated, I requested simply I be given the note and that we moved on since I did not believe the particular sub-matter of FFing someone and why I did it and whatever would come to satisfactory resolution in the course of the round, and I also alerted Ridgyax to this matter by saying
"place a note, like i think you really clearly aren't going to resolve this satisfactorily here, so i'll just take a note and then go to the forums with my grievances since you havent bothered to look at logs or anything"

It is, also, to me, significant that the note I was given reads to immediately ban me on next occurrence of something similar regardless of my lack of prior notes (the only other non-auto-mute one I have is also from Ridgyax who noted me for "suiciding on FOB as a larva" for a round I spawned in and attempted to catch up with the king stealthjacking the Alamo before it took off,
but I was not aware the turret to the entrance they had broken in from was not taken out, and died to it).

Here is the relevant note: "Intentionally FF'd the FC, as a Researcher, after 'asking if they could do their job and have their materials sent down' They stated that they were very aware that intentional FF was considered griefing. Ban them on next occurance, even with light notes."

5. I was told explicitly in ahelps by Ridgyax that the matter of being disallowed the opportunity to do the job I selected in the round was "an IC issue" as "Everyone is a real life person, they won't act like robots to your every whim." I was previously told by Barnet in ahelps, and LuxyLucy and Otto and in the policy channel on the Discord that being disallowed the ability to play the role I explicitly selected in the join menu is something that can be ahelped for admin intervention and resolution, whether that's a respawn or cryo or whatever, not that it was strictly an "IC issue", which Ridgyax seems sorely misguided in the policy of here. Otherwise, I believe the policy needs to be clarified, or auxiliary roles not intended to have specific objectives like researcher need to be removed.

Again, I'm not appealing the specific note and don't advocate that intentional FF (griefing) was the correct response in such a situation, but Ridgyax's responses to my tickets have made it abundantly clear they are incapable of doing due diligence in 1. reviewing relevant logs to prevent jumping to inaccurate assumptions and misrepresentations that potentially influence their final outcomes on things, and 2. keeping in alignment with relevant policy decisions in the case of the IC issue thing. Their inability to review relevant logs and grasp a situation more comprehensively before taking action has been noted by other players prior to me, numerous times.

In sum: this isn't a complaint about the particular nature of getting a note or whatever and I acknowledge here as I did in my ahelps that picking up a note for breaking the rules is to be expected, but I am exceedingly tired of trying to engage administrative matters with someone who doesn't even offer the effort to read correctly or can't be bothered to keep up with the policy they're supposed to be enforcing.
Ridgyaxe
TGMC Administrator

Re: [COMPLAINT] [Ridgyax] Doomvoyager

Post by Ridgyaxe » #716434

1. I was asking the marine to do my job or grant me permission to do my job and was upset they were not listening. I explicitly said the opposite, I wanted the player to NOT do my job, so I could do it, me. Cursory review of chatlogs would reveal that I requested this at least twice.
When I was talking to you, I had believed that you were saying that the FC was refusing to get your assets deployed, as the antennas had been chanced and no longer worked as supply beacons, making it much harder to get your own supplies. Apparently, instead, it was that the FC had used a tool which was available to literally everyone on the marine side to cut up a xenomorph. I don't get the anger at this, here. Should we punish every marine for using the probe if they aren't a researcher?

2. I was told in ahelps by Ridgyax that I had "attempted to murder the FC". I shot the player in the groin once with a one-handed grip on a combat shotgun loaded with buckshot while they were wearing their armor and promptly walked away seeking no further fight..
A shotgun can very easily kill a marine, far quicker than a rifle would. When I had talked to the FC, what they said at the time led me to believe they were already low on health when you preformed this action.

3. I was told the spurring of this issue was my fault, as I had not "gotten my shit on tadpole" which was "a lot easier than trying to get sent your materials than waiting for someone's antenna now";
A misinterpretation on my part, as explained in the first subject line. I did not say that the whole thing was your fault, but to prevent further situations such as this, that perhaps loading your required items onto the tadpole before deploying would prevent issues such as this.

4. After I began to give pushback that I believed Ridgyax did not even bother reviewing logs as their blatantly false responses to me demonstrated
I did not do any particularly deep digging into logs for your ahelp, as my questions to determine if any rules had been broken had been answered by the players themselves. Did the FC tell you to 'find rope'? They answered in a way that would be seen as 'yes I did.' They were reprimanded and given a note. Did you commit intentional FF, knowing that it was considered griefing, and against the rules? You answered yes, that you did know that prior to hitting the FC with a PB Shotgun. I saw no point in digging for evidence of your actions when you had agreed that you had preformed said action.

5. I was told explicitly in ahelps by Ridgyax that the matter of being disallowed the opportunity to do the job I selected in the round was "an IC issue" as "Everyone is a real life person, they won't act like robots to your every whim." I was previously told by Barnet in ahelps, and LuxyLucy and Otto and in the policy channel on the Discord that being disallowed the ability to play the role I explicitly selected in the join menu is something that can be ahelped for admin intervention and resolution, whether that's a respawn or cryo or whatever, not that it was strictly an "IC issue", which Ridgyax seems sorely misguided in the policy of here
Again, partial misinterpretation of what I had though was going on at this time. I thought that the RO hadn't sent your gear to the FC, which was the issue, but it was not, to which I apologize. As to the point of being 'disallowed the ability to play the role I explicitly selected', there was nobody barring you from doing said job. AFAIK, nobody was intentionally keeping you from an area in which you could preform your duties. The ability to probe is not locked to any particular type of marine.

I will say again, that for this ahelp, I did not do any heavy digging into logs, as my questions as to whether the acts of the players had occurred, were answered 'positively' by the players themselves. If the FC had declined that they had said 'find rope', I would have gone looking through chat logs. If you had denied PBing the FC with a shotgun, I would have gone digging through the FF Logs.
NyoomVoyager
Byond Username: Doomvoyager

Post by NyoomVoyager » #716450

My only request/revision/whatever for going forward is that I would hope before making accusations in the course of resolving tickets or whatnot that you'd verify the circumstances of things before proceeding to levy various charges against people because it's frustrating to be blatantly lied to when resolving administrative matters.

I appreciate the response and consider this closed.
Otter
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: Otterwatch

Post by Otter » #716633

It seems both of you have to come to a conclusion then with your complaint. The headmin team has nothing further to add. I personally would say that this particular situation isn't one I would put much effort into researching through the logs for since both parties sound like they were rather forthcoming with information and it didn't necessarily conflict with the other. And it is one that would regardless result in a note for at least one side.

Have a good rest of your Holiday-ish season.