SevenOfHavens

[BAN] [<Wirpy>] <SevenHaven>

Post by SevenOfHavens » #717900

BYOND account: SevenHaven
Character name: Volrofoerlyn-7(?)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent.
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 2023-07-20 @ 22:27:34 (UTC)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 22278
Your side of the story: Ban note is accurate, but probably needs elaboration.

At the time, I was under the impression that RO had the authority to, as is described, deny all orders roundstart (and those that came subsequently) in favour of deploying a (bad) personal game plan for the marines to execute by buying certain (claymore-affiliated) pieces of gear. Policy aside, this is probably the easiest way to piss off roughly 60 people and have them lodge complaints (bullets) in your office (head), and replying with unreasonable means (12 gauge shotgun slugs) is generally a bad idea. Policy included, arguing fervently with someone who has the authority to say '"No, you can't do that." is also generally a bad idea; doing this to an extent where you are, in fact, completely unreasonable and speaking nonsense with personal insults doesn't help.

When you are permanently banned for something you could have been noted for in the first place had you been cooperative, or subsequently, could have appealed later with less issue, taking to the related server discord and telling the prior person with authority that 'ban evasion is a gift from god' is also widely considered to be a bad idea.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Ban was valid. I didn't plan on appealing for a host of reasons, but a chance encounter with Aleksei (and Bowl's corpse) on Monkestation prompted me to give it a try. I don't know how much credit there is to the ban being mostly about threats of evasion and other inane statements, but since my only prior note to this was a brief requested ban and Wirpy was reasonable the whole time, it seemed about right. I'm not going to tell you I'm the pinnacle of reasonable now, but I'd like to think I won't do that again.

I was also informed that shotgun juggling still exists in some form, and I crave dopamine.

References of good conduct: Monkestation, the aforementioned station I met Aleksei on, has been where my attention is as of late. I have a clean record for the short time I've been there, save for the issues I had getting in; 'ermach10108' was marked as an alt of mine that had tried to ban evade here, and I had to quickly appeal the instant permaban because of it. Ironically, despite all my talk of ban evasion, I never ended up doing it.

You should probably unban that guy though, at the very least. That's not my alt.
wirpy
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Wirpy

Re: [BAN] [<Wirpy>] <SevenHaven>

Post by wirpy » #718323

What's your hours on monke?

I will consider letting you have a second chance If you can get a vouch from a monke admin after playing there for some considerable amounts of time.
SevenOfHavens

Post by SevenOfHavens » #718341

wirpy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:10 pm What's your hours on monke?

I will consider letting you have a second chance If you can get a vouch from a monke admin after playing there for some considerable amounts of time.
I'll dump my current time tracking & admin notes here for you. The singular note there is the aforementioned alt mixup.

50h is 50h, but it's short like I said. I don't know any of the admins there well enough to ask for a vouch, but if a chance comes up, I'll let you know what I get. If you've got a connection to someone there yourself I'd appreciate it, but that's all I've got.
wirpy
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Wirpy

Post by wirpy » #718536

Come back with a vouch after like 300 hours or something around that ballpark and we'll see.