[COMPLAINT] [Autisme] Elchorico

Elchorico
Byond Username: Elchorico

[COMPLAINT] [Autisme] Elchorico

Post by Elchorico » #718263

BYOND account: Elchorico
Character name: Irrelevant (No ban placed)
Admin in question: Autisme
When did it take place: 14:10 UTC
Round ID: 25202
Evidence: He should admit to all this happening by himself. Logs should all be in place for the round ID.
Your side of the story: Autisme decided to pull a vote to "give xenos a boon for next round", which is already unfair as hell as the next round was going to be nuclear war. This vote passed. I would somewhat understand this on crash, as crash is the marine gamemode, but nuclear war should stay absolutely untouched in terms of buffing one side for absolutely no reason, especially when it happens before the actual fighting even starts, so this was not any sort of "balancing" to make the round more fun.

Autisme decided to give the xenos a large amount of burrowed larva, which essentially gifted them with permanent autobalance(?) (it was active multiple times, at least) and immediate respawns for a majority of the round.
He has also elected to rush marines into deploying with a admin announcement, which resulted in a few marines podding before shutters are open. Why he decided to rush marines into deploying before the shutters were even open I have no idea, but it neverthless happened.

The large amount of larva resulted in the marines, obviously, being unable to push out of FOB. Only by some miracle have marines managed to not lose immediately, but I suspect it is because they were instantly forced back into FOB and couldnt wipe anywhere because they didnt get anywhere in the first place.

This resulted in a extremely unfun round for marines, and a insanely unfair advantage for xenomorphs for no good reason that did not add any fun whatsoever. Xenos had 5 larva surplus while having a full 1:2 ratio team at all times, and sometimes even better than that. In fact, if ALL larva were used up, xenos would outnumber marines before marines even started to take losses.
Elchorico
Byond Username: Elchorico

Re: [COMPLAINT] [Autisme] Elchorico

Post by Elchorico » #718264

Autisme claims that he turned off autobalance.

If that is true, fair enough. Doesnt excuse anything though.
Autisme
Byond Username: Autisme

Post by Autisme » #718748

So, ill explain what went down

I hosted the server as only admin, and decided that because we where at 28 players(you need 30 for nuke war) to vote FIRST to force the game to nuke war. I saw some people rightfully complain this would make xeno unfun. So I started a 2nd vote. To give the xenos a boon(aka buff) of there choosing in reason. this vote also passed.

I then gave the xeno's 4 burrowed and nothing else for the entire round. I evne disabled auto balance after naani told me that would be a good idea.

The marines where doing mostly fine. they even pushed until mister "Missfire" fired a cluster OB on the disk generator, nailing most of the marines and tadpole.

If you didnt like the round personaly fair enough but it was not "extremely unfun round" for many other marines. I gave option for players to vote for something special and they did. I dont see this as any egrigous breach in standard admin conduct since hosting "events" and modiftying rounds is within reason allowed if we believe this will benefit the enjoyment. I doubt 4 borrowed would make such an extreme difference all things considerd
Henriquekill9576
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Post by Henriquekill9576 » #719703

Hello, apologies that this took so long to sort out.

After reviewing the situation, we've collectively agreed that the event did not negatively impact the round in any meaningful way and that Autisme had no malicious intent of providing a unfair advantage to one side. If you did not enjoy or did not agree with the event, I am sure that Autisme is aware of your feedback and I hope that they will take that into account when hosting future events.

As a side note, in our admin complaint policies, we have the following:
5. Do not make a complaint if it's regarding an event that you thought was really bad. Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for. If they are constantly making a large portion of the playerbase unhappy, it will be dealt with internally.
Please keep this in mind when making future complaints.