1Tommy
Byond Username: Tommy__2007

[BAN] [Texicos] <Tommy_2007> We live in a society and this is proof

Post by 1Tommy » #720130

BYOND account: Tommy_2007
Character name: Thomas Morley
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Repeated rule breaks with knowledge of rules and a long playtime on the server.
Time ban was placed: 2024-02-05 21:46:11
Round ID in which ban was placed: 25622
Your side of the story: I nuked shipside when we basically had a guaranteed marine minor.
Why you think you should be unbanned: While i do feel sincere regret for my actions (nuking shipside) as it may have ruined some people's fun / experiences in hindsight I am rather confused of why my ban was put in place when others that have done exactly what i did unpunished and even admit to doing it, my self included considering I have nuked shipside in the past and admins have not bwoinked / banned me for it and have in fact played along with it and gave Xenos a major, search up "Nuke Shipside" in TGMC's discord search function and find about 100 other cases of people doing what I did and going unpunished. As well as this "Nuking shipside" isn't even outlined as a violation in the server rules page. You didn't even open a ticket with me either. https://imgur.com/a/1trsBEg <--- link to some proof from the tgmc discord
Last edited by 1Tommy on Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheIndomitableSpirit
Byond Username: DustedClothing233

Re: [BAN] [Texicos] <Tommy_2007> We live in a society and this is proof

Post by TheIndomitableSpirit » #720181

With just your side of the story, without going to any conclusions yet, being banned over this is most likely in bad faith from the admin's part.
1) There (allegedly) was no ticket for this action.
2) Nuking shipside is not against the rules and never has been.
3) I've seen 10 other people nuke shipside in the past, myself included, and nobody ever got banned. All that happened was an admin notice that "this action will make it a xeno major." Which credit to the previous admin, they made it more fun by playing along instead of throwing a fit.
Just my two cents; At the end of the day if it says "xeno" or "marine" major doesn't matter. You won the round already, having those two words to confirm it for you do not strengthen nor weaken the legitimacy of the victory. By bringing the nuke back and blowing up shipside, you're just having fun with others by playing the game in a different way.
Conclusion, without evidence from the other side; This was placed as not a shipside nuke ban, but as a way to get rid of you because someone doesn't like you.
Texicos
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Texicos

Post by Texicos » #720206

After a lot of peer review and proof of inconsistency on the ruling this ban has been reduced to a month ban and the notes shall not reflect it having been a permanent ban.
I'll see if I can get the headmins to come to a policy decision on it as well.
1Tommy
Byond Username: Tommy__2007

Post by 1Tommy » #720241

30 days... why not just unban lmao?