Zawax
Byond Username: Zawax

[PERMA] [HenriqueKill9576] Rick Ricardo

Post by Zawax » #720564

BYOND account: Zawax

Character name: Rick Ricardo

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason: Shitter behaviour, firstly went around calling people fags, then began doing the same with "retard" after being told it was allowed. The next round, started to punch random people while calling them retards, shooting revolvers around randomly, blowing up CAS fuel tanks, etc.

Time ban was placed: It was 17:45 in Spain, can't see any time stamp anywhere.

Round ID in which ban was placed: The round ID is 25688.

Your side of the story: I am going through a tough time, dealing with an ADHD medication crash and experiencing it's physical and psychollogical symptoms.
Firstly, I didn't "call people fags" I merely said "you are English slang for a cigarette, 3 letters," to ONE player in response to being repeatedly insulted with the term "retarded" by him.
I agree that even this indirect language was inappropriate, and I regret it. After this an admin appeared as a spatial agen and also used hurtful language towards me, calling me retarded too. This made me even more frustrated, triggering me and in response I agree I acted a little bit like a shitter.
I did call a few players retards next round-start, but regarding the physical altercation, I want to clarify that I didn't randomly assault "people". It was a specific individual who started shoving me after verbal exchange. The situation escalated into a fistfight.
Regarding the incident with CAS fuel tanks, it was entirely accidental. While dual wielding and firing hangar's revolvers in frustration, I accidentally hit the tanks, causing an explosion. I immediately recognized my mistake and stated that it wasn't intentional. After the explosion, without any warning or bwoink from Enrique, I was suddenly permabanned, with no chance to explain anything.
I realize that my actions were fueled by a combination of stress and emotional distress. I take full responsibility for my behavior and am committed to handling similar situations more appropriately in the future. Again, I apologize for any harm or inconvenience I may have caused.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've never been banned here and barely have a couple warnings at around 100h playtime. This was just an isolated accident and not deserving of a sudden permaban, from my point of view.
My actions were fueled by a combination of stress and emotional distress, and being called slurs only increased my frustration. I'm sorry for acting out and am commited to handling these situations more appropiately in the future, and I apologize for any incovenience or emotional damage I may have caused.

References of good conduct: I don't play anywhere else.
Henriquekill9576
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [PERMA] [HenriqueKill9576] Rick Ricardo

Post by Henriquekill9576 » #720696

A couple notes before I address the main issue here:
After this an admin appeared as a spatial agen and also used hurtful language towards me
This was another admin that was watching the convo, not me, however I will check if they did indeed use hurtful language agaisn't you and handle this if that was the case.
I did call a few players retards next round-start, but regarding the physical altercation, I want to clarify that I didn't randomly assault "people". It was a specific individual who started shoving me after verbal exchange. The situation escalated into a fistfight.
So you went and started to punch them until they had 50 health? Assuming you were not the one to start the verbal exchange, if someone is annoying you, you ahelp. Escalating will make you look as bad as them when an admin checks out the situation.
Regarding the incident with CAS fuel tanks, it was entirely accidental. While dual wielding and firing hangar's revolvers in frustration, I accidentally hit the tanks, causing an explosion. I immediately recognized my mistake and stated that it wasn't intentional.
I do believe that this was an accident, but the fact you were just randomly shooting revolvers around to vent is still a ??? to me.

And now, to the main thing about this appeal:
I didn't "call people fags" I merely said "you are English slang for a cigarette, 3 letters,"
This alone is enough reason for me to want to deny this appeal, did you say it indirectly? Yes, you did, or are you saying you did not mean to call them the f word?
Your inability to admit fault for something that was clearly intended and the main reason that you were bwoinked in the first place is why I will deny this appeal and request that you get a vouch with no significant bad conduct on another server before I consider letting you back in.
Henriquekill9576
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: HenriqueKill9576

Re: [PERMA] [HenriqueKill9576] Rick Ricardo

Post by Henriquekill9576 » #720893

After some deliberating and explaining, ban has been reduced from perma to a month.

It was originally a perma due to at first glance, you looking to be just an average griefer, although after some explanation I can sort of understand the situation a little better and due to your lack of significant bad behaviour, I've reluctantly reduced it to a month.

Do keep in mind that if a similar thing happens in the future, there will be no second chances.

I would also like to apologise for closing the appeal immediately, I'm used to doing this to every appeal, but this one required more explanation and details than your average appeal, either way, it's been resolved.