[BAN] [Barnet] EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722742

BYOND account: EmpressMaia
Character name: Maia 'Chat' Roentgen
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 5 days
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 4:20~ CST
Your side of the story: A synth named tanya had reportedly been beating the shit out of the marines and our FC, culminating in the FC saying on comms"if tanya punchs one more person, dissasemble them". tanya then started shoving and punching me at the fob, resulting in breaking my bones. i should have ahelped here but forgot to. remembering what the FC said earlier, i shot them maybe 3 times with a pistol before stopping.
Why you think you should be unbanned: i was acting on FC orders to attempt to detain a person actively being a detriment to the operation. 5 days is wholey unporportional to the offense commited, i would have understood a 1 day "okay girl calm down, your a bit heated". 5 days is over-kill
References of good conduct: overall good conduct other than a few FF issues ive had, 2 of which were placed when i was still new-ish to the game and didnt really know what i was doing or what was going on, and atleast one of them beiung from unintentional WP FF when i got scared by a defiler
bluedino1025
Byond Username: Bluedino1025

Re: [BAN] [Barnet] EmpressMaia

Post by bluedino1025 » #722745

I was the FC, and I agree with Maia. Tanya had attacked me at the start of the round by throwing me into windows, other marines, a disposal chute, and tried tossing me down the cargo lift. She did this all without saying a word and only stopped once I had entered hard crit. She then took me to medbay, I called her a whore, so she punched me into crit. Me being me, I insulted her a few more times and every time she'd attack me. So I ordered the marines to insult her as a joke. Maia follows the order and Tanya hunts her down to beat her into crit along with another marine. After that I gave the order to disassemble Tanya if she did it again, during this Maia shot Tanya for causing a fracture, which I was already planning on using my sword after the second time I got critted. She was also fairly short tempered the whole op.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #722832

is this being looked into
Barnet
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Barnet

Post by Barnet » #722838

Hello, thank you for writing this appeal.

You outlined it fairly well -- you should have ahelped before shooting, or about anything, if you believed it to be genuine grief. I talked to the other player and dealt with that. You have multiple notes for similar things, which all essentially boil down "you cannot escalate past punches and non-fatal injuries/fracs" as per our escalation rules. This ban was another instance of that.

I will take your word on this one - you are UNBANNED. Please don't do anything of the sort again.

Thank you,
Barnet