Hey! Listen!
Toolboxing For A Cause 2.0
a /tg/Station13 Charity Tournament
Will begin Saturday the 12th at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 8pm GMT at the Event Hall.
(You've donated r-right?)

AnalBeeds - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Analbeeds

Byond Username: AnalBeeds

AnalBeeds - Administrator Application

Postby Analbeeds » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:45 pm #502343

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: AnalBeeds is the only one I use on SS13. Previous ones include: Gokurottt, B0b_J3ffers0n, and five others I have lost access to.
Character name(s): Elanaor 'Deadeye' Walsh, Just a Xenomorph.
Timezone: GMT.
Discord tag: Matty#7943
Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: Discord, as I was the head admin. It is a RP server, and is going well to this day.
How familiar are you with our ruleset: Very familliar. I've played long enough, and had alot of notes around them.
How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: No idea. TGMC, I'd say a few months, others? Over a year.
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: In the past six months? No.
Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: https://gyazo.com/e5d42f729e7e442ebfba71eac47c2616 https://gyazo.com/4762590cdd23fd59f9a36539fe13a38f
Why do you believe that you would make a good admin? Because I'm capable of judging people's actions, and motives, well enough. Though, this is due to a heavy amount of experience in the past with discord.
What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on? Well, I am very headstrong, and often jump to conclusions if I don't reinforce the idea in my head that, well, ITS A STUPID IDEA TO DO SUCH. One good example would be, well, EVERY TIME I PLAY MINIGUNNER. I seem to always charge in then get ganked by a queen.
What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined? Well, I'd treat them like I'd treat myself in such a situation. There's..Nothing else to put there.
What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? I would run admin events as much as I'd be allowed to to be honest. I think I would set up events in such a way that it'd be fun and enjoyable for both sides. A good example would be HVH, or invasion events. I often see them how I would see them, and judge how much fun that would be depending off of that.
What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable? Most enjoyable parts would probably be event planning, and following through with such events. Least, would probably be the backlash of my actions if I do something wrong. Which I undoubtedly will, as this is the first time applying for a Byond admin thing.
No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough? I'll probably stop in the 3-4 year mark. If it's earlier, then I'll stop adminning due to being unable to access byond anymore, or sheer boredom and lack of interest. That's all there is to it, honestly.
Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
I'll most likely warn them, and make a note of it for future notice. If this a repeated thing then I'll discuss everything with them, and ban if it's appropriate. Obviously this will be a temp ban, unless they do it continuously, in which case I'll perm ban them.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I would ask them if they need help, and if they do, I'd send them on their way to becoming a TRUE UNGA!

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
I'd ask them why they are asking for such in a calm and diplomatic manner. I would also make notes of their chaotic and rude behavior. If they continue to harrass, or be rude to staff during such. If this continues to a point where it's just pointless, then I will temp ban them.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
I would tell them that their name does not apply to our naming rules, and that we are not other servers. I would then change their names. I would make a note of their behaviour, and not do much else, unless they begin to get rude and start to harrass staff, in which case I will take further action.

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would ask them why they're doing this, then make a note of it for later.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would get the Aliens to get their hussle on as the QM, just like many Admins have done here before, since that's all I can do.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
I would ask them to stop, and make a note of it in future. If they continue, despite me talking to them, I would temp ban them for consistantly breaking rules.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
As I've been on the receiving end of this one before..Well, I'd tell the person who did do such actions to not do that again, after checking logs of course. Then, I would proceed to make a note of it. I would only take it further if this is a repeated thing.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Oh boy..Another thing I've been on the receiving end of. Once again, I would ask the player to stop, and make a note of it in future.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
If this is a repeated offence, I would pban him. I would temp ban him if not. If it was a mutiny situation, I would just make a note, and warn him for future notice.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
Another thing I've been involved in before..I would ask the player why they did that, and if they are doing it constantly, I would job ban them and be on my way. If they are doing it, and it's a first time, I would simply make a note of it.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
If all the other Benos are doing it, I don't see the problem. However, if there's just one doing it, and it is an issue, I would warn them then make a note on it.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
I wouldn't really do anything, as they're not really causing an issue, since Xenos are apparantly common knowledge.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
I would applaud the Marine for their amazing RPing skills. It's fine if both players are okay with it.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I would make a note of it, then ask the player to not do that in future. Once again, I've done it before..

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I would correct that infomation in ahelp.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
I'd confront them about it, then if it is repeated, which I doubt many members of this staff team would do, I would talk to a headmin.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
This happened alot in the early days. I would tell them in OOC to not bash other servers, as that's against the rules. Then, if they continue, I would just OOC mute them.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.
I'd make a note about it and be on my way.

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Re: AnalBeeds - Administrator Application

Postby Rohesie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:38 am #502369

Hi, thanks for applying! I'll be reviewing your answers.

Analbeeds wrote:Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: https://gyazo.com/e5d42f729e7e442ebfba71eac47c2616 https://gyazo.com/4762590cdd23fd59f9a36539fe13a38f

What servers are these from? Have you appealed them yet?

Analbeeds wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

What would you put in this note?

Analbeeds wrote:6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
I would get the Aliens to get their hussle on as the QM, just like many Admins have done here before, since that's all I can do.

Could you rephrase this?

Analbeeds wrote:10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
If this is a repeated offence, I would pban him. I would temp ban him if not. If it was a mutiny situation, I would just make a note, and warn him for future notice.

Why would you treat a mutiny differently?

Analbeeds wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
If all the other Benos are doing it, I don't see the problem. However, if there's just one doing it, and it is an issue, I would warn them then make a note on it.

Why is one doing it not ok, but everyone doing it fine?

Analbeeds wrote:14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
I would applaud the Marine for their amazing RPing skills. It's fine if both players are okay with it.

What if the killed person is not ok with it?

Analbeeds wrote:19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

What would the note say?

-----

Lastly, tell me a bit about your username/ckey and what it stands for.

LaKiller8

Byond Username: LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:33 am #502394

Hello and thank you for showing interest and applying!

AnalBeeds wrote:What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? I would run admin events as much as I'd be allowed to to be honest. I think I would set up events in such a way that it'd be fun and enjoyable for both sides. A good example would be HVH, or invasion events. I often see them how I would see them, and judge how much fun that would be depending off of that.

Compared to /tg/ and other servers, we have comparatively fewer events - even with our pretty good admin tools they are still pretty demanding to run and usually met with little appreciation. I'd recommend testing the waters first with smaller-scale events (but if you feel ready for something bigger feel free to!). Full-server events like HvH usually require ~3 admins (or a pretty good knowledge of SDQL) and will leave you pretty stressed.

AnalBeeds wrote:2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I would ask them if they need help, and if they do, I'd send them on their way to becoming a TRUE UNGA!

Wouldn't there be someone more appropriate to handle it first?

AnalBeeds wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

The player politely asks what rule he is breaking. What do you tell him?

AnalBeeds wrote:15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
I would make a note of it, then ask the player to not do that in future. Once again, I've done it before..

Your answer is correct, just noting that the player will likely not be present so you'd have to use an admin message (like a note, except they see it the chat next time they join and then it deletes itself)

Analbeeds

Postby Analbeeds » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:36 pm #502406

Rohesie wrote:Hi, thanks for applying! I'll be reviewing your answers.

Analbeeds wrote:Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: https://gyazo.com/e5d42f729e7e442ebfba71eac47c2616 https://gyazo.com/4762590cdd23fd59f9a36539fe13a38f

What servers are these from? Have you appealed them yet?

Analbeeds wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

What would you put in this note?

Analbeeds wrote:6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

Could you rephrase this?

Analbeeds wrote:10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

Why would you treat a mutiny differently?

Analbeeds wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

Why is one doing it not ok, but everyone doing it fine?

Analbeeds wrote:14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

What if the killed person is not ok with it?

Analbeeds wrote:19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

What would the note say?

-----

Lastly, tell me a bit about your username/ckey and what it stands for.

1. The servers I was banned from are Citadel and Paradise. I have attempted to apply for citadel, and have been denied due to not having any backing from any other servers. Paradise I have been banned from, as I was banned for the same thing prior, making it a repeated offense.

2. I would put: Walked around with weapon drawn at green security level. Explained it to them for future notice.

3. What I was trying to say was that, I would use the Queen Mother psychic messaging system to get the Aliens to move out and attack the Marines. Obviously, if this doesn't work, I would use the central command announcement to get the Marines to do the same. Sorry for the poor phrasing.

4. Because I believe players are allowed to defend themselves during mutiny scenarios. Though, obviously, I wouldn't allow them to go around lolmurdering, if that's what they're attempting to do.

5. Because if one player is doing it, and it is bothering the majority, then it is obviously an issue. Though, if the others are fine with it, I don't see what the problem is.

6. Then I would make a note describing what they did, and warn the player for doing such an action.

7. It would describe the friendly fire incident, and that they killed someone as a result.

8. Could you elaborate? If you're asking for it's general meaning, then I would simply say it's just..Well, a meme name. I made it when I was drunk one night and simply stuck with it since then. If it's a problem, I can easily use a different ckey. Though, only with your consent.

Analbeeds

Postby Analbeeds » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:41 pm #502407

LaKiller8 wrote:Hello and thank you for showing interest and applying!

AnalBeeds wrote:What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events? I would run admin events as much as I'd be allowed to to be honest. I think I would set up events in such a way that it'd be fun and enjoyable for both sides. A good example would be HVH, or invasion events. I often see them how I would see them, and judge how much fun that would be depending off of that.

Compared to /tg/ and other servers, we have comparatively fewer events - even with our pretty good admin tools they are still pretty demanding to run and usually met with little appreciation. I'd recommend testing the waters first with smaller-scale events (but if you feel ready for something bigger feel free to!). Full-server events like HvH usually require ~3 admins (or a pretty good knowledge of SDQL) and will leave you pretty stressed.

AnalBeeds wrote:2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

Wouldn't there be someone more appropriate to handle it first?

AnalBeeds wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

The player politely asks what rule he is breaking. What do you tell him?

AnalBeeds wrote:15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

Your answer is correct, just noting that the player will likely not be present so you'd have to use an admin message (like a note, except they see it the chat next time they join and then it deletes itself)

1. I'd be fine with testing smaller events at first, as I know that large scale ones would be insanely stressful without guidance, or experience revolving around such.

2. I was basing this answer off of the scenario of: What if I'm the only one available at the time? In any other scenario, I would ask a more appropriate admin to look into it.

3. I politely tell him that it's fine, and that the note will only be there to serve as a reminder that it's not something they should do.

4. Thanks for the confirmation! :D

LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:50 pm #502408

AnalBeeds wrote:2. I was basing this answer off of the scenario of: What if I'm the only one available at the time? In any other scenario, I would ask a more appropriate admin to look into it.

Isn't there a more appropriate part of our staff team to handle this first, though?

AnalBeeds wrote:3. I politely tell him that it's fine, and that the note will only be there to serve as a reminder that it's not something they should do.

He asked you for a rule being broken, I assume by telling him it's fine you meant that it's not against the rules? If that is the case, why would you apply a note for something that is he allowed to do?
Feel free to correct me though if I misunderstood.

Analbeeds

Postby Analbeeds » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:19 pm #502410

LaKiller8 wrote:
AnalBeeds wrote:2. I was basing this answer off of the scenario of: What if I'm the only one available at the time? In any other scenario, I would ask a more appropriate admin to look into it.

Isn't there a more appropriate part of our staff team to handle this first, though?

AnalBeeds wrote:3. I politely tell him that it's fine, and that the note will only be there to serve as a reminder that it's not something they should do.

He asked you for a rule being broken, I assume by telling him it's fine you meant that it's not against the rules? If that is the case, why would you apply a note for something that is he allowed to do?
Feel free to correct me though if I misunderstood.

1. Oh of course, the headmins first.

2. Oh no no no, I mean that I would tell him that he had broke the rule, and then make a note to remind him that he did break said rule. Unless there are other actions I should make?

LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:26 pm #502411

AnalBeeds wrote:1. Oh of course, the headmins first.

I was thinking the mentors.

AnalBeeds wrote:2. Oh no no no, I mean that I would tell him that he had broke the rule, and then make a note to remind him that he did break said rule. Unless there are other actions I should make?

He asked what rule was broken there though, would you share it with him? And if so, which one would you quote?

Analbeeds

Postby Analbeeds » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:30 pm #502412

LaKiller8 wrote:
AnalBeeds wrote:1. Oh of course, the headmins first.

I was thinking the mentors.

AnalBeeds wrote:2. Oh no no no, I mean that I would tell him that he had broke the rule, and then make a note to remind him that he did break said rule. Unless there are other actions I should make?

He asked what rule was broken there though, would you share it with him? And if so, which one would you quote?

1. Huh. Good point.

2. The one describing how he shouldn't have his weapon out. Unless, of course, I'm confusing this with CM. Or other stations in general*

LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:32 pm #502413

AnalBeeds wrote:2. The one describing how he shouldn't have his weapon out. Unless, of course, I'm confusing this with CM.

And which one would that be? Could you quote the rule from our rules page (or at least a relevant portion from it)

Analbeeds

Postby Analbeeds » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:38 pm #502414

LaKiller8 wrote:
AnalBeeds wrote:2. The one describing how he shouldn't have his weapon out. Unless, of course, I'm confusing this with CM.

And which one would that be? Could you quote the rule from our rules page (or at least a relevant portion from it)

I appear to have made a slight error in my judgement, and have mistook the rules for another one. I appologise, and will not make that mistake again.

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:45 pm #502416

Analbeeds wrote:1. The servers I was banned from are Citadel and Paradise. I have attempted to apply for citadel, and have been denied due to not having any backing from any other servers. Paradise I have been banned from, as I was banned for the same thing prior, making it a repeated offense.

Being permabanned on two servers in hostchat is kind of an issue for becoming and admin here. Do you believe you could get them appealed?
Have you been playing in other servers and shown a positive note history?

Analbeeds wrote:4. Because I believe players are allowed to defend themselves during mutiny scenarios. Though, obviously, I wouldn't allow them to go around lolmurdering, if that's what they're attempting to do.

Can you quote the source of this information?

Analbeeds wrote:5. Because if one player is doing it, and it is bothering the majority, then it is obviously an issue. Though, if the others are fine with it, I don't see what the problem is.

And if a single person ahelps about it?

Analbeeds wrote:8. Could you elaborate? If you're asking for it's general meaning, then I would simply say it's just..Well, a meme name. I made it when I was drunk one night and simply stuck with it since then. If it's a problem, I can easily use a different ckey. Though, only with your consent.

That'd be positive. The name barely flies for a player, for an admin it would not be very acceptable.

Analbeeds

Postby Analbeeds » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:57 pm #502420

Rohesie wrote:
Analbeeds wrote:1. The servers I was banned from are Citadel and Paradise. I have attempted to apply for citadel, and have been denied due to not having any backing from any other servers. Paradise I have been banned from, as I was banned for the same thing prior, making it a repeated offense.

Being permabanned on two servers in hostchat is kind of an issue for becoming and admin here. Do you believe you could get them appealed?
Have you been playing in other servers and shown a positive note history?

Analbeeds wrote:4. Because I believe players are allowed to defend themselves during mutiny scenarios. Though, obviously, I wouldn't allow them to go around lolmurdering, if that's what they're attempting to do.

Can you quote the source of this information?

Analbeeds wrote:5. Because if one player is doing it, and it is bothering the majority, then it is obviously an issue. Though, if the others are fine with it, I don't see what the problem is.

And if a single person ahelps about it?

Analbeeds wrote:8. Could you elaborate? If you're asking for it's general meaning, then I would simply say it's just..Well, a meme name. I made it when I was drunk one night and simply stuck with it since then. If it's a problem, I can easily use a different ckey. Though, only with your consent.

That'd be positive. The name barely flies for a player, for an admin it would not be very acceptable.

1. My note history on other servers has been, well, a neutral one. I don't really stand out from other players, so positive notes haven't really been added. As for appealing, Paradise already stated they would not be unbanning me again due to repeating an offense. As for Citadel, I require backing from an admin on another server to even be considered.

2. I believe I have made my second error here too, as mutinies aren't really touched on. I suppose I wouldn't make it different in a mutiny situation at all, now that I think about it.

3. It depends on the severity of the amount of times they do it. If they do it constantly, that in itself is against the rules. (https://gyazo.com/dd1a10b28398d291914c698ddaee969c) In which case I would get them to stop, if they have not done it already. Though if it's only occasional, then it would not be an issue.

4. Then I would most likely use my Gokurottt account.

LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:13 pm #503044

Hello, sorry for taking a bit longer to resolve this, but we've finally decided.

Unfortunately the the issues from your previous application have resurfaced in this one:
You've received 3 notes, 2 of which were during one round. I've personally reviewed the logs of each situation to see if they weren't applied just because you are under the lamp a little bit more due to applying, but all of these were pretty fair.
A lot of your answers are also pretty broad, showing some lack of knowledge about the rules - which by itself wouldn't be an issue, all of us started somewhere, but you only asked if we have our own rules days after your application and after some back-and-forth conversation here.

Due to these reasons I'm going to be denying this application.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications