Hazzor1997 - Administrator Application

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Admin, Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

Hazzor1997

Byond Username: Hazzor1997

Hazzor1997 - Administrator Application

Postby Hazzor1997 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:37 am #475083

Current ckey and any previous ckeys: Hazzor1997

Character name(s): Goodwin Batten

Timezone: -3 GMT

Discord tag: Hazzor1997#2390

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner: Administrato back at Naruto the Final Battle server, it was consisted of PVP but the server had alot of grunts breaking the rules, people whining at ahelp and i've managed to keep everything under control until i've asked to leave.

How familiar are you with our ruleset: After reading them its all pretty simple and similar other SS13 servers not much of a mistery.

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general: I played TGMC a little a couple of weeks but i've used to play back on CM 2 years ago and Paradise Station for 1 year and a half.

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: None

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: None

Why do you want to become an administrator: I've noticed that would be nice having some admin checking some simples issues that happens on the server. Like some LTs that decide do drop off to the planet without the COs authorization, when that happened no admin noticed so i'd had to poke them up( i know it's hard to keep eyes on everything) anyway i wish to help out the server growth.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:

Spoiler:
1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
I would warn the player that started the shootout, noting him up but i would rather let the roleplay continue with the MPs. But i would consider that act as an grief so that's why i would warn the player via PM.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.
I would PM the player out asking if he's new to SS13 and guide him up, or i'd rather try to find an mentor to help him up if there's none available i would do the job with no problem at all.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
I would do my best to solve that player's matter and at the same time i would try to reach an higher staff member if he's available to speak with that player, wanting or not all the players deserves to be heard and to be well treated.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.
I would send the rules link to the player via PM and ask him to change his name, if he still refuses i would warn him and note him up.

5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would PM him and ask him why he's dressed like that, if he's reasonable i would keep that issue an IC matter.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
4 Aliens? I would totally HC order the marines to attack the aliens, if they still refuse to obbey the order i would get an hostile ERT team with an admiral to take over the CO's position and get the assault done as ordered by High Command.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.
IC issue nothing much to do.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
I would apply the punishment all players needs to know the server rules, "ignorance ain't an excuse" so he broke an rule griefing he gets punished simple, and i would heal the marine that what affected by the griefer. Even if he punched it was an IC matter until the other marine opened fire affecting the other player gameplay.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.
Warn all involveds via PM and ensure they read the rules again since racism ain't tolerated.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Ban and note him up.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
I'd PM asking why he threw himself to the frontlines, but this far i would see as an IC matter, since many players back on CM used the larvas to scout since they are small and agile, if he keeps it up loosing more than 1 larva this way i would warn him up.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
PM for sure and ask him to keep it more "polite" and speaking like an xeno would do. (Being simple and saying only what's needed following the queen's order without questioning).

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.
I'd leave it as IC.

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
Roleplayed or not still a grief i would PM both players indeed check their stories if both conscent the RP i would warn both of them. If there's no conscent of shooting each other to death i would apply the punishment to the marine that shot the other.

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.
Send em back to cryo, check notes, if they've got previous notes I'd issue a job ban, if not a simple note is fine.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.
I would msg the Staff Member giving him the right information, and i would tell him to inform the player again with the right info.

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.
Gather evidence and send to the big guys (head of staff).

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.
As long as its not too excessive or doesn't get ahelped I'd leave it alone, if it does get ahelped I'd tell them to chill out.

Any additional information you want to provide: Well im free most of the day i can speak 3 languages, English, Portuguese and Spanish can come in handy anytime

LaKiller8
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: LaKiller8

Re: Hazzor1997 - Administrator Application

Postby LaKiller8 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:45 pm #475168

Hello, thank you for showing interest and applying. Before I dwelve into your answers, I've been looking at your activity here and noticed you only have 9 connections here, the first one being on 2019-02-02 which is not even a full week at the time of writing this. Did you perhaps use another ckey before? If not, while there generally isn't a strict requirement for activity, low amount of connections is usually a bad sign, since you're basically stepping into the dark without getting used to how things work here. Would you be okay with leaving this app open for let's say a month or two, or would you like to create a new one then? We plan on revisiting the questions in the near future.

Rohesie
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Rohesie

Postby Rohesie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm #475179

Hi, thanks for applying! LaKiller brings up valid concerns, and I think it's a fair suggestion. I'll be reviewing your answers in the meantime, but feel free to offer different ones in the future should you change your mind about them, after getting to know us a little better.

Hazzor1997 wrote:1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.
I would warn the player that started the shootout, noting him up but i would rather let the roleplay continue with the MPs. But i would consider that act as an grief so that's why i would warn the player via PM.

What if the shot was a product of a missclick, or a disarm attempt? How would you proceed then.
By warn do you mean verbally admonish, note, and/or something else?

Hazzor1997 wrote:3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.
I would do my best to solve that player's matter and at the same time i would try to reach an higher staff member if he's available to speak with that player, wanting or not all the players deserves to be heard and to be well treated.

Let's say this is the third time you contact the player over several rounds, and each time they want to talk with your superior, not to you. How would you act then? Would it be different than if it was the first time?

Hazzor1997 wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.
I would PM him and ask him why he's dressed like that, if he's reasonable i would keep that issue an IC matter.

What would be a reasonable motive to be dressed like that, and what wouldn't?

Hazzor1997 wrote:6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
4 Aliens? I would totally HC order the marines to attack the aliens, if they still refuse to obbey the order i would get an hostile ERT team with an admiral to take over the CO's position and get the assault done as ordered by High Command.

How much do you believe that fits within our Escalation framework (the subsection of the rules)?

Hazzor1997 wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

What is the reasonable reaction a marine should have if, say, they had their attachments stolen by another marine? Assume there are no MPs present.

Hazzor1997 wrote:8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.
I would apply the punishment all players needs to know the server rules, "ignorance ain't an excuse" so he broke an rule griefing he gets punished simple, and i would heal the marine that what affected by the griefer. Even if he punched it was an IC matter until the other marine opened fire affecting the other player gameplay.

What punishment would you apply? If it depends, what are the relevant factors here?

Hazzor1997 wrote:10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Ban and note him up.

For how long?

Hazzor1997 wrote:11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.
I'd PM asking why he threw himself to the frontlines, but this far i would see as an IC matter, since many players back on CM used the larvas to scout since they are small and agile, if he keeps it up loosing more than 1 larva this way i would warn him up.

This is a pretty original answer. In general we don't see larvas as viable scouts, as they can be put to crit by a single stray bullet. A runner would do the job better.

Hazzor1997 wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.
PM for sure and ask him to keep it more "polite" and speaking like an xeno would do. (Being simple and saying only what's needed following the queen's order without questioning).

Would you ban all banter and unrelated conversation from the hivemind?

Hazzor1997 wrote:14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.
Roleplayed or not still a grief i would PM both players indeed check their stories if both conscent the RP i would warn both of them. If there's no conscent of shooting each other to death i would apply the punishment to the marine that shot the other.

Could you share with me your definition of grief here?

Hazzor1997

Postby Hazzor1997 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm #475208

LaKiller8 wrote:Hello, thank you for showing interest and applying. Before I dwelve into your answers, I've been looking at your activity here and noticed you only have 9 connections here, the first one being on 2019-02-02 which is not even a full week at the time of writing this. Did you perhaps use another ckey before? If not, while there generally isn't a strict requirement for activity, low amount of connections is usually a bad sign, since you're basically stepping into the dark without getting used to how things work here. Would you be okay with leaving this app open for let's say a month or two, or would you like to create a new one then? We plan on revisiting the questions in the near future.

Oh hey, yes i've used another key that i've forgot the password sometime ago, Deadrise142 (Hell of a long account that i've forgot the e-mail password to restore it). Well i wish i was more active but well the server it's kinda offline lately not that im complaining or anything but i'd say ain't kinda 100% my fault Soon as i see the server online i hop on.

Hazzor1997

Postby Hazzor1997 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:15 pm #475215

Rohesie wrote:Hi, thanks for applying! LaKiller brings up valid concerns, and I think it's a fair suggestion. I'll be reviewing your answers in the meantime, but feel free to offer different ones in the future should you change your mind about them, after getting to know us a little better.

Hazzor1997 wrote:1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

What if the shot was a product of a missclick, or a disarm attempt? How would you proceed then.
By warn do you mean verbally admonish, note, and/or something else?

Hazzor1997 wrote:3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

Let's say this is the third time you contact the player over several rounds, and each time they want to talk with your superior, not to you. How would you act then? Would it be different than if it was the first time?

Hazzor1997 wrote:5. You see an MT running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

What would be a reasonable motive to be dressed like that, and what wouldn't?

Hazzor1997 wrote:6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

How much do you believe that fits within our Escalation framework (the subsection of the rules)?

Hazzor1997 wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

What is the reasonable reaction a marine should have if, say, they had their attachments stolen by another marine? Assume there are no MPs present.

Hazzor1997 wrote:8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

What punishment would you apply? If it depends, what are the relevant factors here?

Hazzor1997 wrote:10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.
Ban and note him up.

For how long?

Hazzor1997 wrote:11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

This is a pretty original answer. In general we don't see larvas as viable scouts, as they can be put to crit by a single stray bullet. A runner would do the job better.

Hazzor1997 wrote:12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

Would you ban all banter and unrelated conversation from the hivemind?

Hazzor1997 wrote:14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

Could you share with me your definition of grief here?

Ok let's start...
1 - If the matter was an missclick or disarm attempt i would chat with both players involved checking if it was really 1 miss click shot or more what was the scenario that happened the shooting. If it is an missclick or an mistake i would just tell the responsible to take care next to avoid such issues and of course leaving an note for the staff if that issue occurs again on the future it might be not an mistake afterall leaving the possibility of punishment open next time he does it, if he does it.
And yes verbally admonish.

3 - Yes i would sound different but keeping the same tone of chatting, always trying to get the player more calm and trying to solve his matter while i try to reach any available superior to chat with him. Copying the same text would make me look an idiot or an d.ck.

5 - Reasonable motive : He might be new to the server of type of gameplay and picked the MT role just because the name was "nice" or anything of the type maybe he's english ain't the best to understand the rules and always trying explain and keep the round gameplay smooth and clear. If he ain't a new player and was just fooling around i would ask him to get back to normal because that would be totally metagaming.

6 - Well getting an "character" superior to the rank of Commander would fit perfectly and won't be considered an "mutiny" since it's an higher rank and well the CO would have to compile to the orders when we had an Captain or Admiral aboard the CIC. That would avoid mutiny gunfire between marines or anything like that.

7 - Well that's an delicate question between an IC matter and let's saying griefing the round for the other marines since NO MARINE would actually do that ICly but at the same moment it's an matter that the marines need to solve so well i would PM the marine that was doing such acts asking if he clearly readed all the rules. And for sure i would open an topic suggesting some new course of action to incentivate players to play more the other roles, like MPs, researchers, MTs and such. About PMing that player i would leave an Adminote just incase he gets in trouble on the future we already know he's a troublemaker and not just an IC d.ck marine.

8 - I would have to ban the Marine that killed the other, but well not an permanent ban because let's say he SHOT only 1 marine down and tried to explain himself without rights but he atleast tried and he wasn't totally 100% wrong, the other marine he iniciated punching will got 5% of the guilt not deserving to getting banned but verbally warned.

10 - Perma for sure.

11 - Well depends on the player it's his larva if he dies only once it's his issue being to risky no need of an admin honestly poking if he died only once because it would be an IC matter that's really delicate but if he starts wasting all the larvae that way i would have to warn him up because he would be fucking the round up making the xenos loose their slight initial advantage.

12 - Well honestly the right thing yes i should ban all the trash talk on the hivemind but sometimes it happens it's natural they thing they are humans talking i would say warning and explaining to them it's more apropriate than banning their chat without talking i would be an dick and agressive admin doing that.

14- An player that harrases and irritates other game mates with acts, that's valid with verbal griefing harrasing others via OOC and depending on the words may fit in as racism and well harrasing affecting the others gameplay by wounding blocking doors on purpouse. Anyway a bad guy that looks to troll other gameplay buy making their experience on the server awfull.

Well im still up for questioning. :D

Hazzor1997

Postby Hazzor1997 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 pm #475223

Well i want to add somehing real quick, i know im kinda new to this server but the reason that im applying for is that some good ammount of times i saw like 5-6 administratos online and i've sent an ahelp with an matter that took 7-10 minutes to get answered by @Rohesie. A head of lead assisting me instead of his admins well he was overwatching the round assisting me and probably other players at the same time and playing as CO. So even with my low server time im here to apply and sum to the server assisting and well up to do my job, i see head of staffs ( Project Lead ) to get on the server to have some fun time check the players activity overwatch a round or two but no do admin job.
So that's why im kinda here to help. :)

Alterist
TGMC Maintainer

Byond Username: Alterist

Postby Alterist » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:32 am #475407

Hazzor1997 wrote:
Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason: None

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason: None

Hazzor1997 wrote:
Oh hey, yes i've used another key that i've forgot the password sometime ago, Deadrise142 (Hell of a long account that i've forgot the e-mail password to restore it). Well i wish i was more active but well the server it's kinda offline lately not that im complaining or anything but i'd say ain't kinda 100% my fault Soon as i see the server online i hop on.

https://cm-ss13.com/old/viewtopic.php?f ... eadrise142

Urytion
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Urytion

Postby Urytion » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:37 am #475447

Lying, to me, instantly disqualifies you. Bonus points as it's a "DO NOT LIFT" permaban on CM. CM can at times be a little heavyhanded with banning, but those do not life bans are pretty rare and serious.

LaKiller8
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: LaKiller8

Postby LaKiller8 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:59 am #475972

Thanks to Alterist for pointing that out, they were quicker than me in the background check.
I've tried to verify as much information that you shared here as I could. I searched for, but I couldn't find the ticket you described - I take feedback like ahelps taking too long to get answered seriously, as it's a legitimate concerns the players may be facing.

Regardless, lying is a huge no, and after consulting with hte rest of the admin team, I've decided to deny this application.

Return to TGMC Closed Applications