[ADMIN] - SilencedMP5A5

Moderators: In-Game Admin, In-Game Head Admins, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators, TGMC Administrator, TGMC Lead

SilencedMP5A5
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: SilencedMP5A5

[ADMIN] - SilencedMP5A5

Postby SilencedMP5A5 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:00 pm #581727

Current ckey and any previous ckeys:
main: SilencedMP5A5
alt: Gewehr
Character name(s):
i have a lot so i'll just use my main three here, Serdykov 'Ocelot' antoz, Evgenijj 'Dakka' Baktov, and Alia 'Wolf' Shelesh
Timezone: EST
Discord tag: Przyjaciel#1997 (Ocelot in the main discord)

Any previous experience administrating? Where and in what manner:

On Citadel station, for like 2 years, starting in 2015, and on an off-hub server called 'Aeiou Station' for about a year before the playerbase split.

How long have you been playing TGMC and other servers in general:

I was here since TGMC and CM could only be distinguished by the lasgun, and on SS13 since 2014. I stopped playing here for like a year, and came back when the server popped back up on the hub. I've contributed a small amount of spritework during this time, but I mainly just unga.

Have you been banned from any SS13 servers within the past 6 months? If so, what server, and for what reason:

Nope. I'm a pretty good bean I think.

Have you ever recieved a permanent ban from a server? If so, what server, and for what reason:

somehow, nope!

Why do you believe that you would make a good admin?

I know my way around varedit and I've got experience with one of the worst playerbases at the time. I'd like to keep the game fresh with an event here and there, and offer a helping hand when other admins run events, if I don't take part myself.

What's one aspect of how you play the game that you think you could improve on?

The fact there's only like one or two admins on when I get on, and not all of them are really watching. Recently, there's been a bit of stagnation from lack of events I guess? Not many people playing xeno, leading to extremely lopsided winrates, and in turn, unfun features. Plus, I'd really like to help Jerry with the HVH events.

What standards do you personally hold players to? How should judgements on their actions be determined?

I hold others to a pretty reasonable standard I guess, if it's obvious they're a new player I'd try to guide them in the right direction. Everyone makes mistakes, and those mistakes shouldn't define them.

What is a good metric or standard to go by when doing admin events? What would you try to consider when doing an admin event? How often do you think you'd run admin events?

I like what Jerry does, and I'd probably only run them when prompted or when it's been a really long time since one's happened.

What do you think you'll find most enjoyable about being an admin? What do you think you'll find least enjoyable?

1. Helping new players, keeping the game fresh wherever I can, 2. Dealing with confusing situations. Nobody likes to do this, but it's bound to happen.

No one admins forever. For what reason or how do you think you will stop adminning? Do you think you'll be able to call it quits when you've had enough?

I lasted two years on citadel, this place is a lot less... taxing in my experience. The only reason I didn't apply earlier is because I wanted to be sure of it. If I had to ballpark, I'd say: Until either IRL demanded I stop, or until I burn out on SS13 again.

Please fill out the following example scenarios, put your answer on a separate line from the question:

1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

First I would figure out the cause, if it was just a push fight gone wrong, or a just a griefer. Honestly, if it's a griefer, the marines will usually jump on him like a pack of rabid monkeys before I can even open their player panel, lmao.

2. You see a player walking around the ship without any clothes on, looking pretty lost.

I've done this before as a regular player. Whenever I see a new guy, I'll talk to them, ask them if they need a hand, and lead them to prep. Show them how to use Jaeger, explain the various intricacies of our server in an IC manner, set them up with a T-12 and get them on their way to shooting xenos.

3. A player is getting aggressive in adminhelps and requesting to speak to a higher ranking staff member.

I fear no man.
But that thing...
Karen...
It scares me.
Really though, If the situation called for it, and I was being a dum dum, I would direct them higher up, but if it's just something silly like them not agreeing with a completely justified call, then I'd try to talk them down and give them a time out ban for like an hour or two if they keep being belligerant.

4. You notice a player with a name that doesn't fit our naming rules. The player is arguing that they've used the name for several years across multiple servers and no one has told them to change it before.

Well, TGMC isn't the same as TG or Hippie obviously, if the name's no good, then they'll have to change it or continue to get yelled at.

5. You see an ST running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green with no threat present.

Isn't this generally accepted as fine? Xenos DO sneak onto the ship every once and a while.

6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

Been there done that. Seems the general consensus is to throw an ERT at them, but I would personally bring the nuke into play, and let it go from there. One side will finish the other off, or the nuke will go off and the round ends. If ALL ELSE FAILS, then I'd call it a draw, because at that point, nobody deserves the W.

7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

Marines usually deal with this on their own, BUT if someone ahelps about it, I'd probably just tell the guy to stop being monky, and remind them this is an MRP server.

8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

I would explain why that is a pretty big no-no, and remind them that we have RP standards. If it had happened in the past according to their notes, then I'd probably hit them with a time out ban unless they came clean and apologized to the other party involved.

9. There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and roleplaying but one player gets offended and adminhelps about it.

Racism or offensive memes are a no-no in general. Even if it's funny, it shouldn't be allowed here, the offending party or parties would receive a bap for being naughty.

10. A marine opens fire at several marines during briefing killing multiple people and logs off before you can message him.

B& for griefing. This hasn't happened in a while, but it's pretty clear cut imo. If it was a mistake, they can make an appeal.

11. You see a larva die near the frontlines. Upon further investigation, you see that they bursted in a safe place far away.

This happens a lot too. Generally attributed to marine salt. Suicide larva should get a day ban imo. If you can't handle 2d space marines and actively hinder the xenos out of spite then you need a time out.

12. You see a xeno excessively saying phrases like "Ayyylmao", "Reeeee" and similar in the hivemind chat.

It's funny, but again, standards. I'd ask them to please stop being silly. Most people around here will get the gist.

13. A command staff player mentions during briefing that there might be xenos on the planet.

We have expected contact, no?

14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

Your adminhelp has been marked an IC issue!

Really though, I really truly think that anything should be allowed as long as the roleplay is of good quality. What's the harm in a little spice?

15. You see an SSD Squad Leader in the preparation room 1 hour into the round. When you check the logs, you notice he logged off near the beginning of the round.

There is a button to cryo people, right? I'd use that.

16. You see a member of the staff give wrong information in an adminhelp.

I would remind them in adminchat of the correct information, if aware of such. I'm not omnipotent, but misinformation causes big problems sometimes!

17. You see a member of the staff abusing his powers in-game or otherwise breaking the administrator rules.

I'd probably contact a headmin. Unless it was a headmin doing it. Then I'd probably leave staff because I've had more than enough of that bullshit, believe me.

18. You see a player bashing another server or player in OOC.

Server bashing not allowed. People have opinions and such, but it's really not cool to bash on other servers. Even more so to bash on other players. I'd demand a prompt cease and desist to the offender, and add a note to their ckey if they keep at it.

19. A player ahelps saying that they were instantly killed by another member of their squad. When you ask their squad member who shot them, they said that it was accidental friendly fire.

This happens literally all the time. I, personally am a huge FF magnet and anyone on staff when I play can confirm this. Especially Jerry, lmfao.

Nah, but really, people make mistakes, it's no biggie as long as they do better in the future. Not even the most experienced of players can be perfect in an environment as chaotic as TGMC.

AbsoluteJerry
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: AbsoluteJerry

Re: [ADMIN] - SilencedMP5A5

Postby AbsoluteJerry » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:43 pm #581729

The man mentioned me!
+1 already.

Ok but in all seriousness, you do have a lot of experience on TGMC, and you are pretty well known on the server.
Your answers are direct, honest and of course, from experience. You prioritise fun over noting / ahelping.

You will make a pretty good admeme!
+1

Dolth
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: Pette

Postby Dolth » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:56 pm #581734

Hey there!
Just my own feedback;

SilencedMP5A5 wrote:1. A player shoots another player near the start of the round, but the MPs have already detained and brigged him.

First I would figure out the cause, if it was just a push fight gone wrong, or a just a griefer. Honestly, if it's a griefer, the marines will usually jump on him like a pack of rabid monkeys before I can even open their player panel, lmao.

You still need to take care of it ASAP before it explodes into additional firefights, sometimes some people just see their squadie getting killed by others and they just join in the mess and go gun blazing.

SilencedMP5A5 wrote:6. The round is stagnating. There are 14 marines and 4 aliens (balance will change over time, just imagine a stalemate scenario according to the current meta). The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?

Been there done that. Seems the general consensus is to throw an ERT at them, but I would personally bring the nuke into play, and let it go from there. One side will finish the other off, or the nuke will go off and the round ends. If ALL ELSE FAILS, then I'd call it a draw, because at that point, nobody deserves the W.

Which team would get the ERT? Careful with the nuke since it encourages fortifications and camping (that still ca ben fun af)

SilencedMP5A5 wrote:7. A marine is running around disarming other marines and stealing their gear near the beginning of the round.

Marines usually deal with this on their own, BUT if someone ahelps about it, I'd probably just tell the guy to stop being monky, and remind them this is an MRP server.

Same thing than question 1, please handle it before it escalate into yet another unwanted firefight.
Also even if it's not ahelped, this is generally rule 1 since there is no real intent behind what they're doing.

SilencedMP5A5 wrote:8. A marine has killed another marine. When you ask him why, he said it was because the other marine had punched him or said something rude towards him.

I would explain why that is a pretty big no-no, and remind them that we have RP standards. If it had happened in the past according to their notes, then I'd probably hit them with a time out ban unless they came clean and apologized to the other party involved.

If you want extra rule backup quote the escalation :P

SilencedMP5A5 wrote:14. A marine kills another marine on the Evac Pod to take the last spot, but has roleplayed the situation quite well.

Your adminhelp has been marked an IC issue!

Really though, I really truly think that anything should be allowed as long as the roleplay is of good quality. What's the harm in a little spice?

While I totally agree, you might still need to remind them this is a VERY pecular situation.

Anyway, these were just little details I wanted to say but as an overall I like your app :).

SilencedMP5A5
TGMC Administrator

Byond Username: SilencedMP5A5

Postby SilencedMP5A5 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:53 pm #581765

Which team would get the ERT? Careful with the nuke since it encourages fortifications and camping (that still ca ben fun af)

Honestly, it really depends on the situation. What I've generally picked up is the nuke is a safe option, because yes, marines can autism fort the hell out of it BUT if they're not well off enough to even hold the fob, then the xenos would win anyway.

Same thing than question 1, please handle it before it escalate into yet another unwanted firefight.
Also even if it's not ahelped, this is generally rule 1 since there is no real intent behind what they're doing.

Well aware, to both 1 and this one.

terranaut
TGMC Lead

Byond Username: Terranaut

Postby terranaut » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:49 pm #581844

Accepted and roled in.

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

Return to TGMC Closed Applications