[No Longer Admin] Kangtut

Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: Kangtut

Post by Deitus » #459429

Bottom post of the previous page:

somerandomguy wrote:The war declaration is the only way of knowing about war ops, and a 100% tell. This is intended. If you fake it or omit it, then it messes up the round heavily, as happened here. Suiciders aren't the only people negatively impacted, everyone else expects ops and puts other extended projects on hold. The round literally becomes "wait for ops that won't come." If it was stated afterward that it was a test/drill or something then it would be ok, but that didn't happen.
while i personally think that the suicides were completely the fault of the people that did so, i do agree that it does kind of put the round "on hold" and that some notification should have been given that it was just a joke
Kangtut
Byond Username: KangTut

Post by Kangtut » #459473

I do admit that the event could have been planned better. It was a prank I had been wanting to do on secret extended for a while. It isn't something I plan to make a habit of though. If I do it again it wont be for several months at least.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #459500

Yakumo_Chen wrote:"""Declared"""" War Ops on an extended round, triggering an immediate mass suicide from people who revile the mode, he and nabiski was a dick in ahelps about it smugly telling people "just don't suicide", and it effectively fucked the round as hard as possible.
That is absolutely fucking hilarious. I don't get your complaint, secret extended is fucked by default and can only be improved.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #459502

Yakumo_Chen wrote:"""Declared"""" War Ops on an extended round, triggering an immediate mass suicide from people who revile the mode, he and nabiski was a dick in ahelps about it smugly telling people "just don't suicide", and it effectively fucked the round as hard as possible.
Spoiler:
rattlerattle.gif
rattlerattle.gif (133.71 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
► Show Spoiler
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #459779

Kangtut wrote:For someone who "reviles" the mode you don't seem to hesitate to roll for ghost roles and playing as an op. Also only a few suicided and Yakumo was the only one who was upset, and only Nabski answered your ahelp, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't lie like that.
I generally don't go for ghost roles in nuke ops, and I have ops disabled because I dislike playing as them in general, I don't appreciate that insinuation either. Occasionally I'll play as a borg but I usually end up dying immediately reinforcing my disinterest in the mode.

Nabiski was the one who answered an ahelp (and was a dick about it) so I originally thought it was his event, but when you spoke up you weren't nice about it either. I also had no way of knowing who mashed the Reject button when I first griped about it, so I didn't have a way to know if it was you or Nabiski. I suicided out of habit right before a borging and I wasn't able to be borged because of it, keeping me from playing despite the ahelp.

And yes, I enjoy extended rounds, for the people I'm sure are rolling their eyes for "ebin waste of an hour of people arming up and waiting", it wasn't fun to watch and I'd have probably felt like I wasted my time if I hadn't suicides too.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #459841

That is hilarious, +1 kang holy fuck
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #459843

+rep
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #459847

absolutely golden, not complaint worthy, anyone who suicides just because of an announcement even if faked dug their own grave
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #459855

I literally play a drooling retard and even I see how indubiously stupid this feedback is.
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #459886

Was this the one where it was extended and admemes spawned lone nuke op who got fucked immediately and the whole station spend 20 minutes searching every nook and cranny for some 4D chess playing stealth war ops? That was amusing, it was either yesterday or tuesday.
--Crocodillo

subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: [No Longer Admin] Kangtut

Post by subject217 » #461399

I'm sorry that this is how it ended.