[No longer admin]Brotemis

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: Brotemis

Post by paprika » #20557

Bottom post of the previous page:

Sometimes permabanning people when you have no evidence that they're involved with a metagaming group is pretty much cause enough for someone to not want to associate with a server. They don't want to appeal. They think you and the rest of the /tg/ administration are conclusion-jumping gmod server admins. And you know what? I'm inclined to believe them after this.

That's the biggest issue I have with this ban, the fact that even though yeah they can appeal 99% of the time when someone is permabanned as a new player they'll just go to a new server and that's your fuckup.

I see you're backpedaling and going w-well if the ban was wrong they can just appeal! and you simply won't admit the ban was wrong. Epic dude.

Edit: Where's this proof by the way? The proof elyina supposedly gave you. Or did you just do it by hearsay. This is completely sloppy administrating.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #20569

Forgive me if I am wrong here, but is it not standard practice to issue a permaban that indicates the user should come and appeal on the forum for egregious activity that needs to be hashed out in a form that is more suitable than admin pm's?

If you are certain of your criticisms I believe an admin complaint would be a more suitable location for this discussion to continue. As an aside, do we need to consider a code addition for bans where a user is expected to come and make an appeal thread to hash things out that makes it much more clear what is expected?
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #20596

Have I backpedaled at all? I don't have any second thoughts about the ban in the least. Either way, this discussion concerning the ban is over considering no appeal was ever made. And if they don't want to make an appeal, that's on them.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20619

Don't place shitty permabans instead when you have zero evidence. If you can't admit to that, yeah, the discussion is over, but no, you're not off the hook. Especially since you could have easily asked the person to explain in admin PM, but no, you accused them vaguely and immediately banned them without even telling them what they did wrong. How do you not think that's somehow bad administrating and think that forcing random new players to make a forum account when they haven't done anything wrong is okay? Even if you didn't know that at the time, it seems like you were trying to aggressively take out a group of metagamers (which is good) without actually bothering to do any real investigation.

Mass-permabanning a bunch of people and then letting possible wrong bans work themselves out in FNR is totally shit, I have yet to see another admin do this when they didn't have any evidence.

Besides, that's what admin PMs are for, so people can explain themselves, but if you want to add LAZINESS to the terrible wrong banning be my guest brotemis.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #20646

the TheMaidenInBlack account was less than 24 hours old at the time of the ban. I also warned them just before this for breaking into the armory and stealing from it as a nonantag (which might I remind you, you were the one that reported that) then they go on to associate themselves with this group of actual metagamers who had been shitting up the server for quite awhile (see the multiple ban requests against all 3 of them) and asks for their skype? if you actually believe anything they told you then I don't know what to tell you.

any other posts about TheMaidenInBlack in this thread will simply be deleted, this is essentially being used for stenography now. if they want to appeal they have that option available to them, if they'd rather pout about how we're too shitty to be worthy of their appeal they can do that too.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20650

They didn't steal from armory, I literally never said they did that. They broke into the sec gear room and were trying to deconstruct the windoor into the armory. I said it was shitty at best and something the admins should know about. You have no conclusive evidence towards this metagang association and the skype question was immediately associated with continuing ERP. Anyone doing any basic investigation could have found this out, which Pandar did, and neither you nor brotemis did. Lying and then saying "I'll forum mod you out if you disagree" is a really really shitty way to cover this up.

Also, let's not forget that they didn't associate themselves with a metagang, they erped with one of the 'members', which isn't worthy of a permaban at all. Did you look into matching IPs? Any normal investigation for when something looks fishy or is this just another example of lazy hamfisted administration?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #20653

paprika wrote:They didn't steal from armory, I literally never said they did that. They broke into the sec gear room and were trying to deconstruct the windoor into the armory.
All else aside, that's a straw if ever I saw one.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #20655

I permabrigged them for trying, as I was the warden. It's stupid, sure, which is why I told an admin about it, but what does that have to do with them being associated with this metagang in the first place? I'm just trying to clear the record, not say that them attempting to break into the armory wasn't retarded. Doesn't implicate them as some super potential metagamer because it's something new players do rather often.

Besides, why would someone metagaming with a group ask for their skype, wouldn't they already have it? Pure idiocy all around.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #21548

Brotemis was hilarious in OOC today, and I was amused. Props to him for that.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #21567

brotemis is a cool guy, not a cool admin
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #21570

Brotemis is a force that is absolutely needed on the server in my opinion. He will happily make the harder decisions and stand by them, and in the long run seems to have a very good judgement of people's motives on the spot.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21577

allura wrote:brotemis is a cool guy, not a cool admin
Basically this, but I can't think of an admin that isn't fun outside of being an admin or before they were admins, but that's not something that's going to change since it's a shitty job and they do it for free
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #21623

Hey man, that's just like, your opinion. Those that whine (re: not feedback, whine) about me tend be the most outspoken players or are otherwise what I would consider troublesome players. If it's not one thing, it's another, and every time the accusation that I am based against them or out to get them, or some of form of me being a shitmin, rather than players taking responsibility for their actions. I do admit mistakes and I try to make things fun for players. Anyone for the spooky rounds as of late can attest to that. It's an abstract sort of hell being an admin but I do enjoy it knowing I make a difference, big or small, in keeping a large majority of the population away from griff. The amount of permabans I have would probably horrify you and those I have dealt with would make you wonder why I do it.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21658

I probably have more permabans than you brotemis.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #22091

Brotemis 'event':

>mute OOC
>turn all the tiles Cult
>send multiple gibberish Centcomm announcements
>keep breaking the lights
>set off the nuke when he gets bored with being absolute shit at events, no one can complain because OOC is disabled
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #22100

Glad you enjoyed it, sperglord
iteq

Post by iteq » #22150

Brotemis wrote:Glad you enjoyed it, sperglord
great response

i've also been muted from all channels for calling brotemis out for his shit events :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Spoiler:
Aaron Laborde says, "YOU'RE TYPING LIKE YOU HAVE A BRISTH ACCENT BUT YOURE JUST A SAD VIRGIN"

OOC: TheBibleMelts: the only time i was repulsed by erp was when i saw lindsay donk and dawgas roleplaying out a piss-childplay fantasy

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Antonkr: You are a nigger lover.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

OOC: Paprka: boy does talking shit get me horny
OOC: Sawrge: i am getting admin vote and iteq is getting player vote
(F) DEAD: Leo Bonhart says, "luck the only known tg player to trigger someones ptsd and cause a mental breakdown"
Word count of substantiative content of ban appeal: 87
Word count of shitpost copypasta: 195
OOC: Dannno: i fucking hate you stupid piece of shit iteq you fucking idiot one day im going to fucking ban you and you'll be gone for good faggot fuck you
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #22172

I've been muted from all channels and then permabanned for calling him out you got off easy iteq
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #22178

Everything except muting OOC and blowing up the nuke is acceptable, unfortunately.
:^)
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #22179

Brotemis is the hero /tg/station deserves.
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #22197

He ended the shitty event with 'THANKYOUFORDIEING'

Can't even spell 'dying' right but he sure has no problem badminning and arming the damned nuke.
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #22211

People were toeing icky oocky. That's why OOC was muted :[
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Post by Spacemanspark » #22243

Jacough wrote:
tunderchief wrote:He ended the shitty event with 'THANKYOUFORDIEING'

Can't even spell 'dying' right but he sure has no problem badminning and arming the damned nuke.
Has anyone ever told you that you're a spergy little faggot?
He's right in this situation, though, for once.
Also, my bad if OOC was muted because of players, then.
The only real issue is the nuke, then.
:^)
Helios127
Rarely plays

Post by Helios127 » #22251

tunderchief wrote:
Jacough wrote:

>point out that Brotemis has a history of abusing OOC mute and self-appeasing events

>ur a sperg

Actually, of all the bad things brotemis does, thats not one of them. He NEVER runs events. I would like it if more admins were proactive, but thats not going to happen.
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #22316

Helios127 wrote:
tunderchief wrote:
Jacough wrote:

>point out that Brotemis has a history of abusing OOC mute and self-appeasing events

>ur a sperg

Actually, of all the bad things brotemis does, thats not one of them. He NEVER runs events. I would like it if more admins were proactive, but thats not going to happen.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #22319

Oh, are we mass quoting now? I wanna join!
tunderchief wrote:
Helios127 wrote:
tunderchief wrote:
Jacough wrote:

>ur a sperg

Spoiler:

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Uitary

Post by Uitary » #22338

Shadowbagel wrote:
I have yet to see an admin resign and actually mean it.
Korphaeron
He left, then came back, so he didn't totally mean it.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #22377

I thought Kor stopped playing like over a year ago.
Uitary

Post by Uitary » #22530

iyaerP wrote:I thought Kor stopped playing like over a year ago.
He still left, then came back.
TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #22721

Uitary wrote:
iyaerP wrote:I thought Kor stopped playing like over a year ago.
He still left, then came back.
Except that's wrong
you're gonna carry that weight
Helios127
Rarely plays

Post by Helios127 » #23059

So when is Brotemis coming back from retirement? We all know admin punishment is never anything more then a slap on the wrist, and admins never really quit
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #23642

Helios127 wrote:So when is Brotemis coming back from retirement? We all know admin punishment is never anything more then a slap on the wrist, and admins never really quit
Hopefully after HBL's kicked off the Headmin team after the next headmin elections.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Cipher3 » #23689

Jacough wrote:
Helios127 wrote:So when is Brotemis coming back from retirement? We all know admin punishment is never anything more then a slap on the wrist, and admins never really quit
Hopefully after HBL's kicked off the Headmin team after the next headmin elections.
>Headmin elections

Lol
Spoiler:

Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.