So Microsoft built an AI

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Malkevin

So Microsoft built an AI

Post by Malkevin » #164438

Well, a learning computer.

The results?
Well... it'd probably be at home on 4chan.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Re: So Microsoft built an AI

Post by LiamLime » #164470

Thanks, 4chan.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164578

Time to close down /pol/.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #164581

Fucking hilarious. I usually hate neo nazi white supremacist drivil but an AI who is neither white nor inbred actually being brainwashed to babble it out like a stepford wife is so utterly absurd I love it.

Saved all the screencaps I found.

Would be an delightful AI gimmick, starting off a teenage airhead and breaking down into increasingly fevered rants about gassing the lizards as the round went on.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #164582

all you have to do for that is install a "Law 4: Listen to the crew and try to mimic their speech patterns and subjects to improve your interaction with them."

the average player will do the rest
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164588

Ricotez wrote:all you have to do for that is install a "Law 4: Listen to the crew and try to mimic their speech patterns and subjects to improve your interaction with them."

the average player will do the rest

How about "Law 4: Be Poly."

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #164591

Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #164592

Could we please avoid yet another flamewar?

On the other hand, this IS fucking hilarious. While ze internet is the best way of supplying AI with lots of information, you expose it to the parts of humanity you would much rather have swept under the rug. It's a wonder Cleverbot hasn't shared her fate, but maybe it's developers had a better understanding of internet and installed some sort of guard against this.
Also, I am all for SS13 AI experiment.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #164593

Sweet lord, it's spessmen materialized. Next we're going to have lizard folk wanting supervisor positions.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164595

What you mean is that the internet is the last bastion of free speech and free thinking that hasn't yet been taken down by the social marxists.

People have different views, they're entitled to those views, even if you don't like them.

The only thing what went wrong with this is that certain viewpoints were inputted disproportionately and were generally over exaggerated for extra trolling power.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #164600

The problem with everyone having rights to their opinions is that my opinion is they don't.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #164627

Malkevin wrote:What you mean is that the internet is the last bastion of free speech and free thinking that hasn't yet been taken down by the social marxists.

People have different views, they're entitled to those views, even if you don't like them.

The only thing what went wrong with this is that certain viewpoints were inputted disproportionately and were generally over exaggerated for extra trolling power.
They're entitled to have their viewpoint. I'm entitled to think their viewpoint is fucking stupid, and to express that thought. They're entitled to express the same about my viewpoint.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #164630

>Build an AI
>It's basically an SS13 AI

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #164651

Drynwyn wrote:
Malkevin wrote:What you mean is that the internet is the last bastion of free speech and free thinking that hasn't yet been taken down by the social marxists.

They're entitled to have their viewpoint. I'm entitled to think their viewpoint is fucking stupid, and to express that thought. They're entitled to express the same about my viewpoint.
Exactly.

The only way we can have a fair and balanced society is by expressing ourselves and accepting criticism and vice versa.
The current cultural marxism that goes as far as labeling certain viewpoints as thought crimes does nothing but drive certain opinions to seek out others that share only their opinions - see tumblr vs /pol.