Gym Thread/Fitness Thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Re: Gym Thread/Fitness Thread

Post by Timonk » #717874

Bottom post of the previous page:

you lift 10-30kgs more than i weigh
Armhulen wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:42 pm Thank you timonk sometimes you just need a timonk to jolt your CNS
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #717975

Been out of the gym for a minute due to illness and the holidays, and unsurprisingly saw a significant loss of gains. It sucks but fine, whatever. I've been lifting long enough to learn to enjoy the process more than the results. My NEW gripe is how GD hungry I am. Like I was getting away with 3 small meals a day and now that wouldn't even get me thru half the day. Fucking AUGH
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #717999

wesoda25 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:51 am Been out of the gym for a minute due to illness and the holidays, and unsurprisingly saw a significant loss of gains. It sucks but fine, whatever. I've been lifting long enough to learn to enjoy the process more than the results. My NEW gripe is how GD hungry I am. Like I was getting away with 3 small meals a day and now that wouldn't even get me thru half the day. Fucking AUGH
sucks when you're in a flow and then it gets FUCKED gl bro. KFC has some pretty clean protein options if ur ever struggling
PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #721180

After a major health issue that involved a lengthy recovery from surgery, I've finally gotten a lifting routine to stick again.
And MAN, I've forgotten what an impact it makes. I'm a pretty anxious and neurotic person by nature, but fitness is SO FUCKING effective at mitigating that.

We're so fucking back. 2024 is the year. Let's fucking gooooooo
Like my admining? Feedback here!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #721219

Good stuff bro go get em 🤝
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #722012

Exercise makes me feel good.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722013

sleep stat is based
10 hrs consistently feels so fucking good
Armhulen wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:42 pm Thank you timonk sometimes you just need a timonk to jolt your CNS
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #722014

and i dont even work out
i can only imagine the sleep you get after leg day
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #722016

lately it's actually been a bit rough i'm getting tested for sleep apnea.
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #723279

My leg day rests are awesome but sleep apnea is ruining it for me too. I picked up a sleep apnea take home test from a sleep clinic today. Hopefully I get a cpap machine soon to sleep harder as a result to lift harder so I can bring all the groceries in one trip for my Nana.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #723280

training legs so hard you need a cpap
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #723770

the sleep interruptions passed, so were probably just anxiety, sleep tests are backlogged so I wont know for a few more months, but my sleep mostly is pretty good, except when I stay up way later than I should.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #723771

That means you are getting old
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #723861

Timonk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:09 pm That means you are getting old
:o :o :o :o :o :o
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #726153

4 plates achieved

PapaMichael
Byond Username: PapaMichael

Post by PapaMichael » #729384

i've always had issues in my left shoulder but they've gotten much worse lately (swimming for 10 years as a teenager moment)
bench is mostly okay if i really squeeze my shoulder blades together and arch my back properly, but i haven't found a way to do shoulder presses, incline presses, or any kinda fly without making it pop and hurt quite badly
hope i can figure this out
Like my admining? Feedback here!
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #729455

you should really see a physiotherapist they can help design a program to build up the strength in the joints
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #729496

just play sports with friends problem solved
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Bisar
Byond Username: Bisar

Post by Bisar » #732146

I lost 15 lbs last year (200->185) after getting blood work done and seeing that lifting weights doesn't affect your blood sugar; got crazy about veggies.

Lost 25 more 185->160) over the last year ish since starting Adderall back up for the first time in about 10 years. My lifts have completely ate shit now that I'm back in the gym, of course.

I've gone from squatting 315 to barely managing a plate. Shoulder press has slid from a plate to straining with 80 lbs. Everything else is predictably poor, except...

My cable row is still solid relative to my current scarecrow (6'3, 160 lbs) weight. My 1RM is 210. I still got the dependable Doritoback.

I've recentered on core more than I ever have so I can feel some progress while I get my nutrition back in order. I've been doing modified spiderman planks, where you tuck your left elbow and right knee into your stomach, then vice versa, while maintaining your plank. You alternate every rep to keep the movement dynamic. It's brutal, but I've never had such a great core workout that also actually felt stimulating; planks bore the shit out of me otherwise.
This is a photo of an area of 2 meters by 3 meters.
You can also see Ted 'GreyTide Ted' Metek on the photo. He is holding a camera.
You can also see Unknown on the photo, looking a bit hurt.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #732213

Okay I'm back. A lot has changed.

Before I was driving to a nearby 24-hour gym.
Now I've got a small smattering of home gym equipment. Budget elliptical, rowing machine, kettlebell. Just picked up a jump rope but I think I'll need to adjust it before I can use it, not sure what length I'm supposed to have.

I got a hold of a Quest 2 when the price drop happened at the end of last year. Working my way through what's available. Beat Saber, Pistol Whip, Blaston, and Grimlord all have had varying amounts of activity to them. Underdogs has a great balance between immersion and activity, meanwhile Thrill of the Fight and Virtual Fighting Championship are both exhausting boxing experiences. I'm trying to get into Sprint Vector but racing mistakes are kinda frustrating when you're also flailing your arms around.

Also picked up a cheap fitbit to try and stay more aware. It's been going well.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #732239

i still dont work out

you should look into UNDERDOGS if you like boxing things in VR and roguelites
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #732241

RaveRadbury wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:22 pm ...not sure what length I'm supposed to have.
good enough to stand on it should be at your lats when you stand on it.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Bisar
Byond Username: Bisar

Post by Bisar » #736755

Put on 15 lbs over the last month of being back into the gym consistently. Let's all agree that it's 100% pure muscle. I'm about 60% to the way of all my old lift maximums. I've been slacking on the cardio.
This is a photo of an area of 2 meters by 3 meters.
You can also see Ted 'GreyTide Ted' Metek on the photo. He is holding a camera.
You can also see Unknown on the photo, looking a bit hurt.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #736799

been on a cut and Im looking more and more like a sneak build and lost a little muscle because its showing in my lifts.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #736815

i took your muscles
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #736927

the gains goblin strikes again
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #741367

Been working out 2x per day for the last four weeks as part of 75 hard. Down to 178lbs (starting weight 191, I'm 5'8" for reference) so far and still going down. Been doing a walk everyday, four strength workouts, and some combo of pickleball/yoga to cover the rest. Most consistent I've ever been in the gym, I've really been enjoying it for the most part. I'm assuming the first 10lbs I dropped were simply from quitting soda, alcohol, daily fast food, eating half a party size bag of popcorn in one session, etc. May have to further work on my diet as I progress, but cooking my own meals and quitting the junk food/caloric drinks is a massive improvement.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #744315

currently out with a sesamoiditis injury to my foot

Nice work on the weight loss and consistency!