Tabletop Night?

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Tabletop Night?

Post by Maccus » #86367

There's already a tabletop RPG thread here but I am too lazy to look it up and nobody checks it anyway.

How interested would everyone be in a tabletop game night or something? We group into a roll20 or something and run one-shots of an RPG or get that one program that does board games stuff or play board game simulator or something? It'd be best if we did one-shots like this so it'd be easier to group up. Any thoughts, ideas, offers on games to run? Here's a list of games we could try: http://learntabletoprpgs.com/tabletop-r ... index.html
Spoiler:
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Re: Tabletop Night?

Post by Falamazeer » #86379

I'm unfamiliar with the roll20 system, but I got an inbuilt mike, and I'd enjoy playing something like DND, familiar with 3.0 3.5 and 5.0.

4 is dumb asses A cash grab at best.

Have you considered paranoia? It's a lot like ss13 actually.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #86382

I've played All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Eclipse Phase, and Traveler. The latter is one of my favorite RPGs despite being really dated.
I'm also familiar with all D&D editions 3.5 and back. Didn't like 4 and haven't even bothered looking at 5.

Roll20 is pretty intuitive, though, and easy to set up.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #86386

Roll20 is super easy. It lets me just rip off Fire Emblem maps with different tiles like it's nothing.

I'm down to play 5e, Savage Worlds, AFMBE, or literally anything if someone can find a PDF.
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #86404

As long as I can be a Kensai / Mage with a quest for a fabled ka-TAN-na im down for it.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #86415

One-shots or community-ruled quests would work best for this community.

If you could create a pool of adventurers and then plan out some SUPER SHORT quests you could complete in a single night or have everyone collectively create a single character and then ONWARDS TO ADVENTURE.

I hate to plug digg but they have a really cool setup for Shadowrun where forum users create runner characters and then different GM's "hire" them for runs. There's a lot of neat IC stuff with runners shopping around for other players to round out the team for the jobs they receive.

Every game I've tried to run for /tg/station ends in disaster, with people either not taking things seriously or taking things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #86417

Could do like a forum game where there's a big co-operative story and everyone plays along one post at a time. Savage Worlds as I understand it is really good for one-shots and can be used for just about anything. Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Detective, Horror. There's even a starter adventure for people wanting to test drive it.

Plus it has Deadlands, which I shouldn't have to tell you is awesome.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86423

One thing you need to keep in mind when trying to generate interest for gaming like this for this community specifically is how global we are and how our different careers or situations scramble the shit out of everyone's availability.

Something you can play-by-post is practically a must if you want to include everyone. I've seen at least half of all games startup and fall apart soon after because people drop out. I've been guilty of it too. While there's definitely potential here for some good ol' traditional gaymin trying to force everyone to connect to the same chat or server at a scheduled, regular time is nigh-impossible.

Games that aren't heavy on maps and combat lend themselves better for this sort of thing. Campaigns that focus more on intrigue or exploration/puzzle-solving are better than dungeons door-kickers.

In hindsight I think the Traveller game would've gone a lot better if we just stuck to the forums and tried to play-by-post rather than doing allllllll that prepwork only to crumble over arguments and trying to get everyone in IRC.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #86427

AFAIK 5e can actually be played without a combat grid. I did it for almost 20 sessions before switching to roll20 out of convenience. Think Shadowrun might be able to do the same, and since Shadowrun can easily run on a mission-by-mission storyline and can be played as something other than tactical dungeon-delving it could work too.

What'd be sick is a big campaign or something where every player has a part, like how some forums used to have Battle Royale knockoffs or co-op stories, but this time with dicerolls.
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #86433

I would be willing to run a Paranoia game for some interested /tg/station folks.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86434

Am I alone wanting to see our AI characters duke it out in Artifice?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #86441

As long as I can be something that wears a ton of armour and wields a big sword and shield I'm game.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86445

0/10 not scifi enough.

As long as I can be something that is never seen and does a fuckton of damage I'm game. Lizarding is optional.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #86452

An0n3 wrote:One thing you need to keep in mind when trying to generate interest for gaming like this for this community specifically is how global we are and how our different careers or situations scramble the shit out of everyone's availability.

Something you can play-by-post is practically a must if you want to include everyone. I've seen at least half of all games startup and fall apart soon after because people drop out. I've been guilty of it too. While there's definitely potential here for some good ol' traditional gaymin trying to force everyone to connect to the same chat or server at a scheduled, regular time is nigh-impossible.

Games that aren't heavy on maps and combat lend themselves better for this sort of thing. Campaigns that focus more on intrigue or exploration/puzzle-solving are better than dungeons door-kickers.

In hindsight I think the Traveller game would've gone a lot better if we just stuck to the forums and tried to play-by-post rather than doing allllllll that prepwork only to crumble over arguments and trying to get everyone in IRC.
Can confirm this.
We had a shadowrun game going in December which I had to drop out of due to work hours changing drastically.
We also had a Dark Heresy game going some point last year ish which kind of just up and vanished after about two-three sessions.

Different time zones suck, man.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #86463

Shadowrun sounds great. Also you can wield large bladed weapons and a riot shield so you got that going for you if you want.

You can also play

Trolls
Orcs
Humans
Elves
Dwarves

Probably allowing infected(HMVV people who essentially eat blood, souls, and human flesh) and certain metavariants is a horrible idea.

IM TALKING TO YOU DRYADS
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86480

Hnnnnng Shadowrun senses tingling! Maybe I'll finally be able to play the characters I made forever ago.

But really I'd be down for almost anything, just throw me a PDF of it and I'll get to studyin'.(or is it learnin'?)
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86482

I have this big collection of weird single-pdf/indie RPGs on an external drive that I'd like to try out. I've also got some pages of download links to various systems/standalone games on my home PC; I'll post some links when I get home.
Last edited by EndgamerAzari on Thu May 07, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Scones

Post by Scones » #86487

Shadowrun looks interesting. Also deadlands is cool but savage worlds is somewhat horrid IMO.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #86490

I've always wanted to do tabletop shit, I'm down if you guys are
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #86528

i am a big fan of roll20, or, drawing dicks on the map in roll20 and blaming it on maccus and watching my gm get mad
nsos

Post by nsos » #86529

i have sr5, 5e, eclipse phase .pdfs and some other shit that i aint ever get to play
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #86556

nsos wrote:i am a big fan of roll20, or, drawing dicks on the map in roll20 and blaming it on maccus and watching my gm get mad
It was Dannos we all blamed it on, not me

EDIT: What about a tgstation West Marches campaign? http://arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/7 ... t-marches/
Spoiler:
Scones

Post by Scones » #86600

I'd be interested in a West Marches thing.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86609

DemonFiren wrote:0/10 not scifi enough.

As long as I can be something that is never seen and does a fuckton of damage I'm game. Lizarding is optional.
I hope you mean that in the sense of "I'm a stealthy damage dealing character" and not "I only interact with the game when we're in a combat".

There are entire archetypes in almost every roleplaying system based on the former. The latter is a variant of "that guy" that shows up and sucks the life out of games. Characters that wordlessly follow the party around without any interaction or dialog then leap into action to slaughter everything in a fight in two turns are garbage.

It's something that comes up a lot in games like Shadowrun, the "I'm damaged goods" character that is just SO CRAZY or has such a TOUGH UPBRINGING that they don't like to talk or do anything but stab and kill shit. And it's a fucking shame because a character like that has a LOT of potential to be played out and have some really tense interactions with other players and NPC's...but an overwhelming amount of the time people just use backgrounds like that as an excuse to min/max their FIGHTAN SKILLZ, ignore any and all social skills, and then sit back and watch everyone else do everything until the time comes for them to unleash their cool Narutard fighting magic.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86610

Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86613

EndgamerAzari wrote:Here's those links I promised:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z7zgas ... ng#myfiles

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2w4a4p ... /RPG_books

There is some overlap.
These are good links and you are a good person. Thanks mango.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #86617

I dunno about all that anon, I enjoy the thrill of throwing together a min/max character in a good system, It's fun tying it all together with feats, skills, classes and prestiging early as possible
all to get a character that's strong enough to go toe to toe with the tarrasque.

Not saying that's all your character should aspire to, I like to make characters that do well in extraordinary ways, I made a mid level fighter that faked being a wizard using items from the ultimate equipment guide, I'd yell lightning bolt, and fire off my electricaster, Huck a chortle bomb and declare it tasha's hideous laughter, I'd light the parties way with glow worm guts, and if pressed, I'd insist that I wasn't substituting science for magic, these things were just SPELL COMPONENTS! Especially weebleks wings. That shit went exactly as well as any other character who ponied up 6000 gp to buy them got.

Then there is the other side of that, where you can go waaaay too far, Magic item to polymorph into a girralon (four armed gorrilla) plus the spell girallons blessing, Called him gilgamesh like from final fantasy, took multi-attack monster feat, and when my turn came around It became an exercise in patience for me to roll all my attacks.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86622

It's not inherently terrible to make a super-powerful character as long as:

1) The people you are playing with are equally competent at what they're supposed to be doing. Both IC and OOC.
2) You aren't trying to show up to a serious game as BIFF LASERBLAST the blind deaf dumb orc street samurai who has 18 dice for shooting lasers at things and can't do anything else and never talks.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #86623

Yeah that's fair.
some characters wind up funner to build than play, And OOC min-maxers gotta see the difference.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86625

I min/maxed a magician adept once that was designed to be as broken as possible for CC.

But that's only half a character. To drive the point home of how socially gimped and stupid he was his personality was basically a mall-ninja kid who learned how to be a ninja from watching the 2060 version of Naruto seasoned with a bunch of Ninja Turtles references. He was annoying as fuck to be around ICly but hilarious OOCly.

Similarly a long-time player in my local group built a phys ad who could get his attacks against barriers so high he could karate chop tanks in half with his hands, and as a kicker he had the ability to shoot down aircraft by throwing empty cans and bricks at them. He named his character "Brick" and if you've ever seen Guardians of the Galaxy his personality was very close to Groot's.

It's okay to make a busted ass character if you're actually going to play them. If you've taken a bunch of dumb mental flaws, have low mental attributes, etc. getting around them by just keeping your mouth shut all the time is a major fucking cop-out and anyone who tries is inherently shit. Don't put 2 points into Charisma and then act like you're the man-with-the-plan party leader. GM's who have NPC's use social skills against player characters (or player characters who use social skills against eachother) are my fucking heroes.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86629

Traveler seems really cool, I have always wanted to try it. Shadowrun is awesome though, I had a blast fucking up street gangs as ! NOT Frank Castle and being gruff and having sweet robolimbs. Count me in
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86630

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote: These are good links and you are a good person. Thanks mango.
Oh, I didn't put them together, just had them bookmarked. I've got a substantial collection on my hard drive, though, so if those go down I can reupload some stuff. But you're welcome!
An0n3 wrote: You aren't trying to show up to a serious game as BIFF LASERBLAST the blind deaf dumb orc street samurai who has 18 dice for shooting lasers at things and can't do anything else and never talks.
There was a guy back home--I'll call him "Johnny", because that's his name--who, in at least seven different D&D 3.5 campaigns, played mute samurai. IIRC most of them were hot chicks who had no charisma or diplomacy scores but charmed people by showing them her tits.

A nice guy, Johnny, but not the sharpest or highest-class fellow I ever met (he also was balding at age 19).
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86631

"my character wants to hire a prostitute"
"okay"
"okay...?"
"Yeah you get a prostitute. Can we fast forward?"
"I take her back to my house and start feeling her up."
"God dammit..."

You're not a real GM/DM until you've had a player try to pull this shit in the middle of a game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86634

Wyzack wrote:Traveler seems really cool, I have always wanted to try it. Shadowrun is awesome though, I had a blast fucking up street gangs as ! NOT Frank Castle and being gruff and having sweet robolimbs. Count me in
We actually had a Traveller game with some of the folks from here running a couple years back with An0n3 at the helm, but it fell apart because of one player's incessant complaining. I liked my character for that game, too. Middle-aged ex-navy mechanic/pilot. She was from an inside-out planet.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86637

I actually have the resources for that game still saved around here somewhere. There was a really generous trade route setup courtesy of the random galaxy generation you guys were going to exploit. I had some intrigue and adventure setup to take place while you guys were in transit (you had already figured out one of the surprises) but it crumbled before we really got anything done.
Sector Map.png
IIRC you had a warp drive able to take you between 1-4 and 3-4 or something like that and were going to make bank on each trip both ways. There was some potential for profiteering and smuggling around some of the more lawless systems towards the bottom of the map too.

EDIT: Jesus Christ I just looked at the playerlist. What was I thinking trying to put Sawrge, Dankman, and Dezzmont in the same room? Fuck me.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri May 08, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86638

Fuuuuuck that looks so cool! The tech is pretty subdued and not over the top, right?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86640

Travellers is hard sci-fi. You use liquid hydrogen to create a singularity around your ship and warp to another point in space close to a heavenly body.

Just getting from point A to point B in space takes like at least 2-3 weeks of travel. It's like Oregon Trail meets EVE Online in a pen-and-paper roleplaying game.

Traveller is probably most famous for, at one point during an older revision of the game, having the chance for your character to die during generation. You roll a lot of random life events, you don't just get a bunch of points to spend on shit. You decide what your character is trying to do with their life at any given point and then roll to see what happens. Once upon a time you could fuck stuff up so badly that character doesn't survive this process.

I'm not sure if they ever got around to trying to make a Firefly RPG (I think they did?) but it doesn't really matter. If you ever looked at Firefly and were like "damn I wish I could play that like an RPG" congrats you want to play Traveller.

Pretty sure the ship you guys had between the four of you was this guy?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86641

Holy fugg, so much want. Would anyone wanna run it? My only experience with online pnprpgs was a game of death watch with some guys I met on tg (the real one) but no one took it seriously or role played at all so I kinda gave up
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86642

An0n3 wrote:Jesus Christ I just looked at the playerlist. What was I thinking trying to put Sawrge, Dankman, and Dezzmont in the same room? Fuck me.
For once I was the sane, stable guy.

Also, if I recall, our ship was called the "Crippling Debt".

Traveller's (at least that edition, I think they fucked with it in the new version) character creation was so much fun. You didn't have a ton of control, but it felt so organic and immersive. I wound up with an early-50-something tough-as-nails chick who was pretty much preemptively fed up with everyone's shit. Man, I wish I'd gotten to play Mac more. She wasn't particularly good at combat but damn did she know her way around a ship.
Last edited by EndgamerAzari on Fri May 08, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86644

I still have her character sheet if you don't.

She was the ship's engineer and steward, which meant you pulled double-duty keeping the ship running and the passengers in line.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #86648

Traveller would be sick.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86651

Welp fuck.

[youtube]Aw3fN3OPk3A[/youtube]

There are a bunch of different versions of Traveller out there. Let's stick with "Mega Traveller" because it allows me to recycle the galaxy we had previously created. We'll use the Mongoose Traveller re-releases from 2008. I figure you three (Azari, Maccus, and Wyzack) want in on the game already. Azari you can re-use Mac if you want. The Helm of the ISS Crippling Debt is still available if the new crew wants her, but the actual crippling debt involved with owning her will be divided between you evenly. And no fucking around...it is seriously crippling. Alternatively a cooler name for the ol' gal wouldn't be a bad idea either since she's changed hands.

If you want to be a bankrupt space entrepreneur the line forms to the right. We could use 2-3 more able-bodied spessmens. Apply here! Once we've got enough players for the crew we can haul our shit over to another thread and discuss character generation and what kind of game people want to play.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri May 08, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86654

Aw man, that'd be sweet, but it'd all depend on timing. I already run a Pathfinder game on Friday nights. But if scheduling doesn't work out for me, don't worry about it; I'll happily play if I can, but don't bend over backwards to accommodate me.

(Also thank you for reminding me that I need to start collecting Cowboy Bebop DVDs)
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86655

I'm going to take my own advice on this one and we'll play-by-post here in the forums.

That should ease people's concerns about scheduling and time-zones. If you can show up to shitpost on a semi-regular basis you can play in this Traveler game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86656

I am critical hype! Anyone got a link for the books?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86658

An0n3 wrote:I'm going to take my own advice on this one and we'll play-by-post here in the forums.

That should ease people's concerns about scheduling and time-zones. If you can show up to shitpost on a semi-regular basis you can play in this Traveler game.
Hell I can shitpost with the best(worse?) of them. Now what is this 'mega traveler' you speak of? I wish to be forged in the cold, empty, oxygen-less fires of space.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #86659

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #86660

EndgamerAzari wrote:I think this is the right edition:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/luxmx35mm ... lebook.pdf

Ah ok, I thought it was this one with the Mega Man like cover.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/7fs8yu6tn ... Manual.pdf
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #86661

Azari is right. Use these books.

Keep it secret. Keep it safe.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s17kggxt83r9v ... n.zip?dl=0
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:Hell I can shitpost with the best(worse?) of them.
Welcome aboard!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #86662

sure i'll go