STAR WARS: DISNEY UNLEASHED (TRIGGER WARNING : SPOILERS)

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Re: STAR WARS: DISNEY UNLEASHED (TRIGGER WARNING : SPOILERS)

Post by XSI » #142347

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oh please, it's star wars
Who cares if they were trained?
//Midichlorans//
Insert dismissive armwave here

Just look at the flashy lights, choreography, and the fights
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #142350

The Kyle vs Rey fight was hundred times better than any of the overchoreographed acrobatic bullshit from prequels.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #142458

Just felt lacklustre and dull. Forgettable more than anything else.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #142519

Kor wrote:Just felt lacklustre and dull. Forgettable more than anything else.
You must be awful to see movies with
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #142522

what....
how does being critical of a movie make u bad to watch films with.
im sure kor wasnt shouting "SUCH A LACKLUSTER PERFORMANCE FROM JOHN BOYEGA" (which is untrue btw boyega is a true roadman chat shit get banged innit fam) throughout the screening.

this new star wars didnt impress me because jj abrams played it super safe, hell they even made the new order into a quasi-nazi entity just to hammer it in that these are the bad guys.

also i was watching a new fucking hope
also they lied to me saying that mark hamill plays a key integral role in the movie.... what is looking at the camera integral???
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #142523

You can be critical of quite a few things in this movie, but that it was dull? Really? I'd say action, effects and good pacing were objectively the strongest points.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #142538

Maybe I'd have enjoyed the action more but I was sitting far too close to an imax screen. 3D is still a shit gimmick as well.

Probably gonna try rewatching it at some point.

Basically what CA said though. The entire thing is completely safe nostalgia pandering right down to the plot being near identical to A New Hope and the good guys being the "resistance" despite owning the galaxy.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #142540

Lore wise it's stated that the "Resistance" is a private military force operated by Leia to help monitor and keep in check the First Order (Which is essentially the Imperial Remnant in all but name from the EU). Since the New Republic is very slow to respond and act on events and is more concerned with consolidating themselves economically and politically instead of keeping as much a check on the First Order.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #142541

Lets not forget that George Lucas only made 2 good Star Wars films to begin with.

This was way better than episode 1,2,3 and 6.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #142553

This is Disney saying "It's in good hands".
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #142555

Steelpoint wrote:Lore wise it's stated that the "Resistance" is a private military force operated by Leia to help monitor and keep in check the First Order (Which is essentially the Imperial Remnant in all but name from the EU). Since the New Republic is very slow to respond and act on events and is more concerned with consolidating themselves economically and politically instead of keeping as much a check on the First Order.
Is that a conjecture or do you have any info to back it up? Because for me it looks quite differently.

End of Return of the Jedi. Empire is in shambles, but is still strong. New Republic is established, Rebels dissolved, and because it's a democracy people vote to end war. Leia, Mon Mothra and others say fuck no, and continue to fight Empire which gets reorganized as First Order as The Resistance.

You're saying New Republic is very slow to respond and act on events, but Hux clearly said that Republic remains neutral. There's no open conflict between NR and FO. Of course he also says Republic secretly supplies the Resistance, that's why Grand Vezir Snoopy gives order to blow it up.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #142621

Well, during the whole part of the movie about waiting for the death planet to fire it's space gun atYavin 4 whatever they called the planet someone mentions they can't quickly evacuate because the Republic fleet got squished by the space shotgun too.

So the NR was definitely more involved in the Resistance than was let on.

Also, the rebels had a pretty decent roster of ships before what the fuck happened why did they have no large ships at their base of operations
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #142648

Lumbermancer wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:Lore wise it's stated that the "Resistance" is a private military force operated by Leia to help monitor and keep in check the First Order (Which is essentially the Imperial Remnant in all but name from the EU). Since the New Republic is very slow to respond and act on events and is more concerned with consolidating themselves economically and politically instead of keeping as much a check on the First Order.
Is that a conjecture or do you have any info to back it up? Because for me it looks quite differently.

End of Return of the Jedi. Empire is in shambles, but is still strong. New Republic is established, Rebels dissolved, and because it's a democracy people vote to end war. Leia, Mon Mothra and others say fuck no, and continue to fight Empire which gets reorganized as First Order as The Resistance.

You're saying New Republic is very slow to respond and act on events, but Hux clearly said that Republic remains neutral. There's no open conflict between NR and FO. Of course he also says Republic secretly supplies the Resistance, that's why Grand Vezir Snoopy gives order to blow it up.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #142651

So to sum it all up democracy bad and it is good they blew it up.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #142679

Lumbermancer wrote:
CosmicScientist wrote:guy who knows how to lightsaber
But does he really? We know he can't make a proper lightsaber, because his is wonky, and he wants Luke's one badly. Meanwhile Luke learned how to make one by himself in Return.

Also Rey lived basically alone in a desert for 20+ years, and was quite proficient at swinging her staff thing. And Kyle was intimidated by her ever since she resisted his mind-probe and wrecked him verbally.

I believe Kyle never even received saber training from Luke.
My first thoughts on Ren were "he's no fuckin' Darth Vader". My second thoughts on him were "He knows damn well that he's no fuckin' Darth Vader and that's the point."

Also people nitpicking over how "untrained person beating sith" keep neglecting the fact that said sith had been shot not five minutes before, could barely stand, and still managed to fuck Finn up.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #142719

Finally watched this, forced myself to have fun, rewatched A New Hope, actually had genuine fun.
He knows damn well that he's no fuckin' Darth Vader and that's the point
Probably the only good thing about the movie. Everything else was bland nothingness.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #143123

My secret hope is that the Republic planet Emperor Snookie blew up was Coruscant so we can wipe it from our collective memory.

Most likely it was some shittly named planet that is identical to Coruscant in all but name.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #143129

They blew up entire republic system.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #143131

The Hosnian System. The senate is hosted by a different planet each term. This senate's planet was Hosnian Prime (and what looked like its associated moons/other system planets).

The resistance wasn't based there, which was why they had to scramble to get anything done. They weren't even aware the superweapon existed. So they rushed in with what they had nearby.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #143135

Anybody notice how Kylo Ren fought like a huge bitch? I get he was injured but he fights like he picked up a light-sabre last week.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #143138

Hm, maybe he left the praxeum/academy/whatever too early to learn the art of :toysword:, and since then learned the time-stop thingy and Force!Legilimency.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #143573

hey guys whats going on in this thread-

welp

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #143577

So wait did corescant get rekt or not? Also why the shit was the Republic completely ruined after losing 5 planets? I was hoping the movie would be a struggle between the first order and the Republic. Why would there be a rebellion still after the return of the Republic?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #143588

It really did confuse me that the new rebels were called The Resistance, because they fucked the Empire up so badly that there's a point where something stops becoming a resistance and starts becoming a fight. Other than that I really liked the movie. I also questioned why they decided to call the new Empire the First Order, but it's really something you can just kinda handwave like how half the fucking characters can understand droid-speak now (especially Rey how the fuck would she ever learn how to speak droid beeps she lived in a fucking desert, probably didn't have any form of education and ate fucking powdered sugar for a living).

I feel like the films only truly weak character was Rey, she could basically do everything right out of the box and throughout the entire movie never really went through any kind of conflict. She went through the whole thing basically unchanged, so there was no real tension or really anything interesting about how her character evolved, because it didn't. She started and ended the movie as the same character, unlike Finn and all the other characters. I'd greatly appreciate if they phased her out in future movies because she's just not a good character.

Also I have to stress that C3PO was fucking gold in this movie holy shit, that first scene he was in was fucking :honk: and basically every other scene he was in were very memorable and hilarious, especially how he slaps R2-D2 in the face for talking shit after R2 gets reactivated.

Edit : seeing other screenshots explaining the deep lores. It seems that the SW writers did the Halo thing and made it so that you needed to read some other material for some stupid stuff to make sense, like why they're called The Resistance (it still doesn't make sense but I get what they are now).
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #143623

I think the writers' main concern was to keep the story as streamlined as possible, without bogging it down with too much exposition. They may have gone a little overboard with it, but the movie is already plenty long as it is.

I'll reserve my final judgement about the story and the character developments until the full trilogy is out, although I quite like how they try to humanize the stormtroopers a lot more. Finn is just the prime example of this, there are in general attempts to make them seem like more than cannon fodder. I suppose it makes more sense since most of them are brainwashed child-abducts now rather than custom-tailored soldier clones, but still.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #143765

kylo ren was an interesting villain, as long as he was angry

i knew SPOILER would get SPOILERED several months beforehand because i'm not stupid and that's how modern media works

i shifted uncomfortably in my seat every time rey pulled a gigantic fucking coincidence out of her ass but other than that i liked it
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #143794

Rey being a MLGpr0 pilot for a ship she has most likely never seen the inside of before, let alone learnt how to operate, as well as being able to do all these advances force abilities with 0 training was honestly pretty shit.

She's spend her entire life being some sand hobo. Knowing how to drive a bike doesn't mean you know how to operate a 747. Being force sensitive lets them handwave her doing utterly improbably maneuvers/having super good luck, but I doubt it gives you the knowledge of how a fucking space ship works.

Also being an ELITE force user without any training just goes completely against the rest of star wars canon. (comparatively) lots of people are force sensitive, but without proper training it's effectively like having very good luck/intuition/reflexes/etc, not being able to force pull, or bend people to your will.

Good movie though, but pretty terrible plot holes.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #143848

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #143884

lumipharon wrote:Rey being a MLGpr0 pilot for a ship she has most likely never seen the inside of before, let alone learnt how to operate, as well as being able to do all these advances force abilities with 0 training was honestly pretty shit.

She's spend her entire life being some sand hobo. Knowing how to drive a bike doesn't mean you know how to operate a 747. Being force sensitive lets them handwave her doing utterly improbably maneuvers/having super good luck, but I doubt it gives you the knowledge of how a fucking space ship works.

Also being an ELITE force user without any training just goes completely against the rest of star wars canon. (comparatively) lots of people are force sensitive, but without proper training it's effectively like having very good luck/intuition/reflexes/etc, not being able to force pull, or bend people to your will.

Good movie though, but pretty terrible plot holes.
I agree that Rey was a little too competent (in particular, how the fuck did she know wookiee and droid?), but:

Understanding ship interiors is bound to be a consequence of scavenging them all day every day for their parts (and being told what's valuable, there might even be a ship repairs side to the business) especially since star wars tech is standardised as fuck (eg R2 can hack anything on the Death Star from a socket despite being a naboo astromech)

Luke did a force pull without any training on Hoth, and it looked like Rey was trying to do lots of things she'd heard about (like mind tricks) once she knew it was possible

Rey failed at least once in literally every new thing she tried to do.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #143885

The thing that struck me about the lightsaber pulling scene, as I was watching it, was how that Kylo was attempting to do it yet Rey, a untrained (afaik) force user, was able to do it against the attempts of Kylo, who is definently far more trained in the usage of force powers than Rey is at the time.

I could understand the scene if it was just her doing it, but being able to beat a trained force user (considering that both Rey and Kylo were at this point both heavily wounded (fatally if this was realistic)) in a simple force pulling task with no training yourself really shook my suspension of disbelief.

Edit: Scratch the wounded on Rey's part I think that scene came after the force pulling scene, but my point still stands.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #143896

I recall she was pushed with great force against a tree/wall/whatever, with more than enough force to break a few of her ribs if not more.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #143958

Yeah I was surprised she didn't get impaled on a fucking branch when she hit that tree
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #143971

One popular theory is that Rey was actually one of Luke's padawans before she had her memories wiped and was left on Jakku. Some people think Kylo Ren is even the one who spared and hid her. They think that the vision Rey gets from the lightsaber is him sparing her.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #144037

Rey pulling the lightsabre past Yolo Ren makes sense though (ignoring the force competency thing).

Ren is pulling the sabre towards him.
Rey is standing directly in line, behind him, also pulling it.

Ren pulled it to him, Rey just made it overshoot him, straight to her.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #144039

I saw it wednesday and the only thing gripe I really had was at the start of the movie when they are in the desert and kylo is talking to the old man it sounds like 13yr olds recording a youtube lets play, it didn't sound professional at all. but it only lasted for like 10 seconds imo
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #144094

I like how they retconned stormtroopers being clones of Jango for the first order so that they could shoehorn in a black guy to fulfill the racial quota, great going disney
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #144097

lumipharon wrote:stuff
I was annoyed by Rey's character as well, but it's hardly unprecedented for the star wars protagnist to be magically an expert at everything.

Luke was a farm boy and successfully infiltrated then shot his way out of the largest military installation in the history of the galaxy after freeing their number one prisoner.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #144103

Kraso wrote:I like how they retconned stormtroopers being clones of Jango for the first order so that they could shoehorn in a black guy to fulfill the racial quota, great going disney
They already had stormtroopers not all be clones in the original trilogy(IV-VI)
The empire fucked up whoever it did that made the clones and then they were left without new soldiers, so they started recruiting normal people
The clone-soldiers that survived ended up becoming specialists and elites/squad leaders while the new stormtroopers are just random people they gave a blaster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #144109

XSI wrote:
Kraso wrote:I like how they retconned stormtroopers being clones of Jango for the first order so that they could shoehorn in a black guy to fulfill the racial quota, great going disney
The empire fucked up whoever it did that made the clones and then they were left without new soldiers, so they started recruiting normal people
The clone-soldiers that survived ended up becoming specialists and elites/squad leaders while the new stormtroopers are just random people they gave a blaster
shh, you're denying kraso his "muh reverse racism" moment
Spoiler:
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #144131

Ricotez wrote:
XSI wrote:
shh, you're denying kraso his "muh reverse racism" moment
shit i got got...............................
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #144147

That was a thing since the beginning of the original trilogy. I'm all against shoehorning in minorities for "muh diversity" but this does in fact fit in with the lore.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #144225

Kor wrote:
I was annoyed by Rey's character as well, but it's hardly unprecedented for the star wars protagnist to be magically an expert at everything.

Luke was a farm boy and successfully infiltrated then shot his way out of the largest military installation in the history of the galaxy after freeing their number one prisoner.
My favorite part of episode 4 is when the X-wing head pilot dude comes up to Luke and is like "are you sure you can handle this military space ship that you've clearly had no experience with what so ever?"
Then Luke's pilot buddy says he's a legit pilot for some terrestrial pod racer or some shit, and the commander is like "lol, K".

And then he's allowed to fly a spess jet.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #144229

They're an insurgency. I doubt they get to pick and choose from world class pilots.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #144339

Kor wrote:

...while accompanied by a Jedi master, notorious smuggler, and giant strongman space alien. He didn't do that alone. Actually he's probably the least responsible for their success in killing that off.

Meanwhile Rey can glance at a security console for a second and immediately figure out the placement of every door on the ship to figure out which one she needs to close at the exact moment to clamp it down on the giant space monster eating her helpless friend.

Luke:
Works together with his wingmen to battle TIE fighters while flying an X-Wing during the battle of Yavin. Requires the help of his friends to shake a bogie before making the kill shot using the force.

Rey:
Outmaneuvers three improved TIE fighters while flying a frieghter, seconds after boarding it for the first time, also the first time she's ever set foot on a space ship. Does so without using any force powers, has her dopey pal Finn using the belly turret to splash a single bogie.

Keep comparing the two though it's great.

People keep trying to deflect criticism of her character as gender-centric criticism like we can't stand the thought of a strong female character. That's not the problem here, the problem is that she's such a gigantic Mary Sue anything-you-can-do-I-can-do-better type asspull. Even down to the "I have a mysterious past I can't remember because of convenient amnesia!" Shit.

We're going to find out she's the product of some secret Jedi orgy with the combined DNA of the Emeperor, Yoda, Qui Bonn, Mace Windu, and Darth Maul. She's shaping up to be the half-dragon half-vampire half-werewolf princess with all the powers of her parents and blab fucking blah.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #144368

This whole fucking franchise is shaping up to be the Dragonball GT of Star Wars.

Rather than make interesting plot points they're just going to increase the levels on everything.

...which is prettymuch exactly how they handled the prequels, so I don't know why I would get my hopes up.

"Well the prequels had Anakin kill some kids off camera, and the original Trilogy had the Death Star so what the fuck do we do here?"
"Have Kylo Ren stab his Dad Han Solo on camera, and how about we make a whole planet that's one big Death Star that can shoot multiple planets at once from across the universe?"
"Sold!"
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #144369

An0n3 wrote:This whole fucking franchise is shaping up to be the Dragonball GT of Star Wars.

Rather than make interesting plot points they're just going to increase the levels on everything.

...which is prettymuch exactly how they handled the prequels, so I don't know why I would get my hopes up.

"Well the prequels had Anakin kill some kids off camera, and the original Trilogy had the Death Star so what the fuck do we do here?"
"Have Kylo Ren stab his Dad Han Solo on camera, and how about we make a whole planet that's one big Death Star that can shoot multiple planets at once from across the universe?"
"Sold!"
to be honest though I kinda thought the idea of planet death star was actually pretty cool
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #144370

TheWiznard wrote: to be honest though I kinda thought the idea of planet death star was actually pretty cool
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #144375

tbh fam I think GT is a better series than Super
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #144377

We don't acknowledge Super's existence.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #144387

An0n3 wrote:
TheWiznard wrote: to be honest though I kinda thought the idea of planet death star was actually pretty cool
[img]an0n3shighschoolphoto.jpg[/img]
I'm sorry, apparently fantasy syfy can only exist if everything is explainable and makes sense in the real world
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #144425

TheWiznard wrote:I'm sorry, apparently fantasy syfy can only exist if everything is explainable and makes sense in the real world
I know you're being sarcastic but that's kind of the whole reason it's SCIENCE fiction and not just fiction.

It's supposed to be somewhat realistic.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: