captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Chinese Cartoons

Post by captain sawrge » #168893

Bottom post of the previous page:

Imagelol
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #168902

3 Episode seasons is p.funny in itself.
meaning 1 season of Uchuu space patrol (18 minutes) is shorter than 1 episode of a normal series.
私は完璧
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #168905

the blue chicks voice makes me want to puree my brain
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #169284

ImageImageImage

kiznaiver is fun so far but it borders on psychological horror
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #169340

Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:I still think it was a solid ep1 tho. I really like the setting/technology era its in and it seems pretty interesting
Yeah i'm gonna keep at it, despite how I think this is going to turn into Attack on Titan Light.
Spoiler:
Also he said it himself, its a disease not a curse.

Which makes even less sense that choking himself out for a minute gives him superpowers instead
It worked for David Carradine.

No really though. Why the fuck else did he have that thing built in his workshop?
Why?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #169442

An0n3 wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:I still think it was a solid ep1 tho. I really like the setting/technology era its in and it seems pretty interesting
Yeah i'm gonna keep at it, despite how I think this is going to turn into Attack on Titan Light.
Spoiler:
Also he said it himself, its a disease not a curse.

Which makes even less sense that choking himself out for a minute gives him superpowers instead
It worked for David Carradine.

No really though. Why the fuck else did he have that thing built in his workshop?
Why?
It was actually a shrine to his god, the god of plot.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #169464

I was going to watch the Patlabor TV series - but unlike the movies and OVAs this thing's English dub is only available on Hulu, and Hulu hates anything that isn't an Americunt.
Yuropoor is mad.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #169625

So the wife and I binged Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix, it was actually not that bad.

Also JoJo part 4 is sooooo awesome
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #169627

DemonFiren wrote:I was going to watch the Patlabor TV series - but unlike the movies and OVAs this thing's English dub is only available on Hulu, and Hulu hates anything that isn't an Americunt.
Yuropoor is mad.
https://bakabt.me/torrent/130334/kidou- ... 9-animecha

You're welcome... although the dub is only in SD not the incredibly sexy 1080p remasters - dayyymm those sharp lines look sexy, puts the CG crap of today to shame.
The dub is pretty crap anyway, especially the ear raping piercing shriek of Nao's eng dub voice actor - dear god I thought Planetes' Tanabe voice was awful (although it matched jap dub's voice type...)

Oh, I managed to slog on through Planetes despite absolutely hating Tanabe, she thankfully shuts her cunt mouth after about five episodes in and the show shifts its focus mostly on ribbon head instead. Thanks to that shift I can actually see why people rate this show so highly - would recommend.

Funny thing actually, the only reason I know of that torrent is because Tanabe's character design looks exactly like Nao from Patlabor, except the eye color. This reminded me that Patlabor is an awesome show I've never managed to watch in full, so I set off last night to find it someplace.

Doubly funny... Tanabe and Nao (in the OVAs) are voiced by the same VA!
http://myanimelist.net/people/69/Julie_Ann_Taylor
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #169744

Yeah, I found the dub, and yeah, it's awful.

Did watch Early Days yesterday, now gonna go look for the other OVA and the movies.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #170542

Nintendo made a Star Fox anime [youtube]wA2-0nTxaGg[/youtube]

The faces/heads in general look really fucking weird and the animation seems to run at a really low FPS but otherwise it's faithful to the franchise I guess

Edit : Watching it further the expressions in general look terrible good lord
This is SUCH fucking fan service holy shit. It's just spewing Star Fox memes constantly, they even use the Barrel Roll thing
The animation they use when flying around/around the fighters in general is pretty great, as is the lighting, but the character animation only gets worse the further it goes, I think it's particularly the expressions Fox makes that just make it seem so bad to me, the stilted expressions and low FPS are just eugh
Also the fucking frog is the most annoying piece of shit ever, his voice is like someone's blasting a fucking flute
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #170615

Star Fox was only good on the snes
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #170634

>Not watching the superior animated series.
[youtube]AOPx4s0sxfU[/youtube]
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #170636

they usually keep the FPS low in CGI anime to mimick the low framerate of regular anime

which brings the circle of stupidity around, because the only reason why most anime has a low framerate is to limit the number of frames that need to be hand-drawn separately, a problem you don't have in CGI
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #170665

The really funny thing is its an even lower frame rate than traditional animation.

Its about as choppy as when the ditzy characters starts describing a plan via chibis.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #170759

Keeping up with that 3 episode season meme Space patrol luluco has a new OP for "Season 2", pfft.
私は完璧
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #170988

Things are going from bad to worse in jojo.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #171054

Incomptinence wrote:Things are going from bad to worse in jojo.
?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #171072

The sub titles renamed bad company to worse company I couldn't resist.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #171093

I don't get it, they had no problem sticking with Polnareff in Stardust Crusaders
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #171097

Incomptinence wrote:The sub titles renamed bad company to worse company I couldn't resist.
Yet they keep obviously saying "Bad Company" so I don't get why they even try to change it. Its too damn stupid.
Even his collar says Bad Co.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #171098

Yeah I know it's so silly.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #171457

This isn't even chinese cartoons but [youtube]uieM18rZdHY[/youtube]
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171459

Oh shit that released?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171462

Ok so yeah that fan animation is pretty fucking good 100% recommend it even to people who don't know what Star Fox is.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #171517

Has anyone watched Mayoiga?

This shit is...something else.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #171845

I've downloaded every episode thus far, but I haven't watched any of them because I've been caught up in vidya

Only been watching Luluco and Boku no Hero
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #171846

Do me a favor, seriously, and watch it.

I don't really know what to think about it yet.

It's fucking weird.
Parts of it are just like...pandering garbage.
But parts of it are also genius in a way you don't see often at all.
Spoiler:
Holy fuck why are there a million characters is this for real
Holy fuck this is actually for real, they've given them each their own personality succesfully
These people are fucking insane this plot is dumb as fuck
Okay this plot just got really fucking good
Okay what the fuck is this twist
What the fuck is this actual twist
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #171927

im reading Inuyashiki.

i haven't got the same vibes from this since pun pun

an0n u should hit this up its really good.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #171931

An0n3 wrote:Has anyone watched Mayoiga?

This shit is...something else.
>reads my list enough to be mean about me not watching jojos
>doesn't notice Mayoiga

yes I'm watching it, yes it's good.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172004

Remie Richards wrote: >reads my list enough to be mean about me not watching jojos
>doesn't notice Mayoiga

yes I'm watching it, yes it's good.
It probably got overshadowed by the COMPLETE LACK OF JOJOS

But yeah I can't tell if I like it a lot or totally hate it.
All I know is I'm hooked on each episode. Which is a really positive thing to say.
ColonicAcid wrote:im reading Inuyashiki.

i haven't got the same vibes from this since pun pun

an0n u should hit this up its really good.
>More PunPun

I don't want this in my life but I will read it anyway
Thanks for the recommendation
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #172005

Started watching Aldnoah Zero.

It's pretty decent so far.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172025

Hahahah this comic Colonic recommended is crazy
Spoiler:
Legit laughing my ass off when he goes on the rampage and kills all the people from 2ch. Fucking ridiculous
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #172026

EndgamerAzari wrote:Started watching Aldnoah Zero.

It's pretty decent so far.
Let me know when you get tired of Captain Autism Asspulls the Solution.

Still pretty good though.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #172081

Decided to watch all the Mayoiga I had before falling asleep

I'm hooked, is pretty good

Also a bit trippy
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #172105

I'm halfway through Kimi ni Todoke now.

It's good that the hilarious parts are really hilarious, because Jesus Christ, everything else just keeps dragging on. It took Shy Protag Girl 3 episodes to tell her friends that they were actually friends (causing several misunderstandings in the process and almost turning the entire school on her) and at least 8 or so to even realize that she was in love (what is this feeling in my chest? why am i shivering when i talk to him?) so you can imagine how long it's gonna take her to confess to Love Interest.
Spoiler:
Although I loved how all of Manipulative Love Rival's plans backfired on her because Shy Protag Girl is too dense to be manipulated.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172299

I haven't been able to get interested in a romance anime since Toradora.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #172335

Stray Dogs seems pretty fun. I just hope it won't get bogged down in the incest, yaoi and furry nonsense too much.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172338

An0n3 wrote:I haven't been able to get interested in a romance anime since Toradora.
I hope this is the positive kind of "since Toradora" (and not like the "wow this was shit so the genre is shit") because I LOVED Toradora and really haven't seen much good romance since.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #172354

Kimi ni Todoke had a fucking recap episode... and all it did was illustrate that what took 13 episodes to accomplish could have fit into just one

I'm honestly this close to just dropping it and watching Toradora instead
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172382

Remie Richards wrote:
An0n3 wrote:I haven't been able to get interested in a romance anime since Toradora.
I hope this is the positive kind of "since Toradora" (and not like the "wow this was shit so the genre is shit") because I LOVED Toradora and really haven't seen much good romance since.
It's the "Toradora was so good everything else is shit in comparison" kind of "since Toradora".

This season I guessssss you could call Netoge a romance anime? Kind-of? Not really?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172387

Oh thank god.
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172389

Are there people who hate Toradora?

I don't think that's possible.

https://vimeo.com/126077147
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172391

That's why I was worried lol, woulda shattered my entire worldview :P
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172395

Yeah Toradora is great
Spoiler:
MINORIN BEST GIRL
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172427

Haha omg luluco 5.
Spoiler:
Over Justice is legitimately 2D in this episode, that joke will never get old.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #172445

speaking of luluco 5, did you see what the space pirate's coat was made of?
Spoiler:

mother

fucking

LIFE FIBRES
I am so confused, is TRIGGER just trolling us?
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172446

Spoiler:
I did think that, but I resolved it with "it's pretty common for the undersides of cloaks/coats to have impossible/weird designs", Granted Mother/Daughter meeting in space is very Kill la Kill, as is the falling back down too, also dad's been out of commission for the entire series so that fits too, it's probably far too much of a coincidence and obviously a studio is going to have in-jokes.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #172447

Spoiler:
well since the primordial life fibre came from space and it is explicitly mentioned that it's just one member of a species, it's entirely possible Luluco takes place in the distant future of KLK and Space Mom just found another life fibre somewhere

but as you said, it might just be an in-joke kind of thing, or maybe a plot device it leveraged from Kill La Kill so it doesn't need to explain why outfits transform their wearers into guns in this series
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #172448

Spoiler:
Oh god I didn't even mentally put the suit transformations with the rest of the evidence, it really is far too much to be a coincidence lol.
私は完璧
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #172461

>he didn't get into clannad

smh
crack is whack but smacks got your back