► Show Spoiler
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: 3 favorite animes go go go

Post by Lumbermancer » #557906

1. Hellsing OVA
2. Code Geass
3. Death Note

honorable mentions to Assassination Classroom and LotGH (Never finished it).
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #557994

this is a tough question because there're too many conflicting genres within anime that i view as entirely separate and therefore are very difficult to compare to each other
i can however name my least favorite anime that i have watched: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, or My Little Monster. for some reason it is one of the highest rated romance animes despite being complete shit. the main romantic tension boils down to: "very smart but antisocial girl meets very stupid but extrasocial boy (who is also a fucking hulk, kind of like a gorilla)". for obvious reasons they are too dissimilar to get along, but then the stupid dude falls for her for no reason and then later forgets taht he did because he is literally that fucking retarded. at this point however (like episode 2) the girl goes "ok im ready to try this out maybe i do like you" and he goes "oh but i dont now lol" so then she goes "oh then i dont either" then he goes "oh now i do" and it is just this dumb fucking back and forth back and forth bullshit for the rest of the entire show. almost every episode after the third one drops focus on the main romantic plot and instead introduces at minimum 2 side characters, each with their own shitty sob story that you're expected to care about despite it only being on screen or relevant at all for all of 5 minutes. the side character cast grows like a tumor, getting so large that it becomes incomprehensible, culminating in the EPIC season finale where they all go to a rooftop for a sunrise viewing or something which is completely pointless except to give all 200 dicks and toms their last five minutes of fame so the writer can say "see, i didnt forget!!! theyre all so relevant h-haha!" after which the main girl character reveals that all character development she's managed to squeeze out in between the backstories of literal whos every episode has been completely reverted as she dips on the party to be an antisocial bitch who just wants to study instead of just getting with her main man who she now only tolerates the presence of.
garbage. completely trash. i sat through three episodes in my first sitting and thought "hey that was pretty good" so i watched the fourth and went "welp might as well just finish this garbage so i dont have to watch it for the rest of the week" and binged the rest of it in one night, that's how fucking bad it is. how anyone views it positively is beyond me. i've seen reviews that actually agree with my assessment, saying it should have ended at episode 3, that then go on to give it a 10/10 anyways because ?!?!? theyre retarded i guess. FUCK that show
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #557995

PKPenguin321 wrote:FUCK that show
favorite shounens go go go go
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #557996

ive only watched super popular ones

FMA brotherhood, deathnote, naruto. naruto is super nostalgic for me so thats probably affecting something, honorable mentions hxh and code geass
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #557998

two deaf notes

Near brings it from great to just okay.

Also, the manga spin-off/continuation with a new MC ended with such a sour taste in my mouth!
► Show Spoiler
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #557999

Ghost in the shell, Magical shopping arcade abenobashi, Big O

Movies
Redline, Ghibli stuff, wolf children (but this dropped some on its second watch, so it’s yearning to be replaced. I just can’t think of another I watched more than once)
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #558027

I can write essays about ghibli movies, wonderful movies all of them. I love the music and animation styles, everything about them captures just these dream like stories
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #558029

I have a song named ghost in the shell I didn’t know it was based on an anime
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #558033

Shadowflame909 wrote:two deaf notes

Near brings it from great to just okay.
for real, near and mellow sucked ass and the whole second half of the show was super weak compared to the first
Spoiler:
moiety
Byond Username: Thatmoiety

Post by moiety » #558035

favorite anime series: Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex, FLCL, and Ergo Proxy. Paranoia Agent/Psycho Pass/Nichijou for runners up

movies/ovas: Ghost in the Shell (1995), Paprika (anything by Satoshi Kon really), and the new Heaven's Feel movies

nabski, thoughts on GitS: SAC 2045? I personally can't stand the 3D look of it but it has the original SAC writers so I'm willing to give it a chance
I'm a bartender irl and I play Sara Winters, bartender extraordinaire in game. is that sad?
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #558083

moiety wrote:favorite anime series: Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex, FLCL, and Ergo Proxy. Paranoia Agent/Psycho Pass/Nichijou for runners up

movies/ovas: Ghost in the Shell (1995), Paprika (anything by Satoshi Kon really), and the new Heaven's Feel movies

nabski, thoughts on GitS: SAC 2045? I personally can't stand the 3D look of it but it has the original SAC writers so I'm willing to give it a chance
I didn't know this was a thing. I also looked it up on wikipedia and it apparently came out YESTERDAY so I'm okay with not having known. I did however watch the live action movie for the first time this week. It was better than I expected, but it was still bad.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #558135

moiety wrote:favorite anime series: Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex, FLCL, and Ergo Proxy. Paranoia Agent/Psycho Pass/Nichijou for runners up

>GitS: SAC 2045
was on an /a/ thread yesterday where people were sharing webms of it and it looks hilariously bad, look at this silly shit
Spoiler:
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #558156

PKPenguin321 wrote:

>GitS: SAC 2045
was on an /a/ thread yesterday where people were sharing webms of it and it looks hilariously bad, look at this silly shit
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #558157

re:zero is cool

your lie in April was really good i had a mean old cry

attack on Titan has really good animation

as a bonus the movie your name is very good another good cry

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.