MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Politics Thread: BLM Riots edition

Post by MrStonedOne » #564382

antifa in a nutshell:
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564383

MrStonedOne wrote:antifa in a nutshell:
Centrism so enlightened my eyes hurt
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #564386

why convert the revs racists when you can just bash them amiright?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #564392

if anyone wants to know why being pro alt-right or being pro-antifa is being autistic; goof has supported both sides.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #564397

Qustinnus wrote:if anyone wants to know why being pro alt-right or being pro-antifa is being autistic; goof has supported both sides.
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564412

A group of antifa members walk into a bar. “Sorry,” the bartender says, “You have to be over the age of 18 to be in here.”
[this space reserved]
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #564414

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #564415

Helios wrote:https://twitter.com/UberEats/status/1268643816292020224
What the hell is going on at Uber.
What
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564418

They use discrimination to fight racism, smart
[this space reserved]
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564468

lmao, either they were hacked or Uber will be the next synonym for tone-deaf
Reeeee wrote:You aren't having a discussion, you are copy-pasting links and memes at me. Any discussion you want to have stops dead on the first link you paste and makes you look like a daffy duck with the memes. You don't have opinions to discuss, you have copy-paste in your brain. Discussion to be had is with the originators of those links, not with the guy who pastes em.
Imagine:
- being blamed for providing material on a topic to support your argument
- being told that the material should only be discussed with the authors of that material - although it's meant to move the discussion
- being accused of not being open to a discussion while only getting the same reply back everytime
- hoping for more detailed answers than just "No, you're wrong."
- posting one meme and being blamed for posting just memes
:lol:
Whatever, I guess I could only argue opinions and not anything more concrete with you - which is a pretty pointless waste of time.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #564500

Grazyn wrote:
how is this centrism? he's a political activist seeking to improve race relations, he's been everywhere on the news in the past, he's had a biography made on him. read up if you're not illiterate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Davis
saying a stance for peace is "muh cringe centrism" is so fucking stupid, i really hope this is bait and i'm just getting trolled
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #564504

wesoda25 wrote:They use discrimination to fight racism, smart
Isn't racism just a form of discrimination?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564508

grazyn is a retard why even respond to him
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564519

Calls himself the befriender, gets called all the racial slurs from KKK there are, but that doesn't stop him... and yet he makes a definite judgement after a single incident with somebody that might not have been Antifa or might not have been directly talking to him?
That sounds strange.

I felt like dissambling this a little. After a bit of research, I call bullshit:
Spoiler:
His first accusation about antifa threats:

There isn't any actualy proof that Antifa was behind the threats.
A group called No Hate NJ had launched a phone/social media campaign against the venue in protest.
That remark about setting a fire is from a single tweet.
Various other parties also protested: Changing minds or spreading hate? Controversial event puts South Jersey town on edge
Are No Hate groups Antifa terrorists now?

Sidenotes: Yeah it's quora, but there's some useful links in there
They even made a 250,000$(!) fund raiser for litigation against antifa: Who were they trying to sue? :lol:

About the event MindsIRL itself:

Minds.com is a social media alternative to facebook, etc. that has gotten quite some flak for becoming a haven for neo-Nazis connected to militant hate groups long before the event had taken place.
Strangely enough, the CEO was even invited into the WH to meet the Bunker King.

Largely varied speakers planned for the event. But there were some controversial ones like Sargon "I'm sorry about the Holocaust but I don't give a shit." Akkad, and others.
Also: who would have guessed that the youtuber Tim "Hitler was a World War Two-era hero" Pool, whose video sparked the little back and forth between reeeee and me about alt-right vs antifa, was organizer of that event - doesn't he fit right in?

In my OVERBLOWN opinion, this supposed Antifa attack is a typical case of some """free speech absolutists""" (i.e. "offending someone is okay, even with racial slurs" aka "I wanna spread my filth") calling WOLF! over having their circlejerk pooped on. Absolutely justified.

Sidenotes: twitter thread of an author of a book about the dark web far-right who was at the event: so maybe she knows some stuff.
Here's a report that is 'more favourable' to the event, in case you think I'm cherry picking too much: From a conservative online magazine that apparently propagated some "alternative facts" about ye olde corona, woops!
Playlist of the event
Now Davis' claim about them antifas calling him a white supremacist:

Here's the antifa mob outside: Look at that black bloc!
Bunch of dudes in plain clothes singing some kind of antifa stuff - wow, much counter culture. Maybe they even sung that song only for the video? Whatever, calling this Antifa is a stretch.

Here's an article with Davis on that incident: from a right-wing news and opinion website
Of note is that Davis describes the people involved in the event as "There were no Klansman or Neo-Nazi’s in there or alt-right people." although there were plenty of people that could be described as alt-right, some even as Neo-Nazi sympathizers. What gives, man?
Given all of the above, I have serious doubts whether Davis was really truthful here. Seems to me this "ANTIFA DID IT" stuff was just hyped up - both before, during and after the event. So he might just be exaggerating and misrepresenting here. Or maybe he's jumping the Antifa victimhood bandwagon? Just saying.
And even IF he was called 'white supremacist' by REAL Antifa...black white supremacists DO exist! A man called Clayton Bigsby

PS: no I don't give a shit to have spent time trying to debunk crap like that
PPS: lol no, I don't care what you think of me personally for having spent time trying to debunk crap like that
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #564543

This is why we laugh at americans when they say they're the best country in the world btw
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564548

Helios wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:They use discrimination to fight racism, smart
Isn't racism just a form of discrimination?
Thats why I posted that chief
[this space reserved]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564551

oranges wrote:This is why we laugh at americans when they say they're the best country in the world btw
ur country is so lame they have to important far right terrorism from fucking straya
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564579

https://www.infomigrants.net/en/post/25 ... ant-riders

if you still question if megacorps care about anyones rights or just want advest during an turmoil here is proof
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #564582

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
oranges wrote:This is why we laugh at americans when they say they're the best country in the world btw
ur country is so lame they have to important far right terrorism from fucking straya
we were just simulating the average american school as a science experiment
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564586

couldn't have been an average american school, the brown people were actually attending
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564593

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
how is this centrism? he's a political activist seeking to improve race relations, he's been everywhere on the news in the past, he's had a biography made on him. read up if you're not illiterate: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Davis
saying a stance for peace is "muh cringe centrism" is so fucking stupid, i really hope this is bait and i'm just getting trolled
How is giving nazis a platform to spew their hate going to help race relations, especially in times like these? It also would be nice to know how they define a "successful conference". That everyone was able to express their point of view in the name of perfect balance? That they managed to convert some nazis from "the holocaust never happened but it should have" to "alright it happened, so what?"

Knowing nothing about the guy, that post stinks of "Imam of peace"-like trolling
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #564595

hurf durf i no nothing but here r random assumptions
Super Aggro Crag wrote:grazyn is a retard why even respond to him
vibe
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564613

PKPenguin321 wrote:hurf durf i no nothing but here r random assumptions
Super Aggro Crag wrote:grazyn is a retard why even respond to him
vibe
I read some and apparently he managed to mitigate the sentence of a kkk leader who opened fire on black protesters in Charlottesville? Good for him and race-relations I guess?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/22/us/k ... index.html
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #564617

Timbrewolf wrote:
Actionb wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
I'm convinced you use that picture of a cat as your forum avatar because you identify with the need to wear a helmet.
No, I gaslit him into using it because I confused him with Drynwyn.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564618

Actionb wrote:-snip-
Thank you for making an effort even I can't be assed to

>hahahha these dumb MAGA-hats fall for fake news every DAY
>here's a facebook post about real true events by IDEALISM MAN

His impact sounds impressive, and it's certainly noble, and he's good at it, but it's also totally unscalable and ineffective on a wider scale. You can't change the minds of fascists on a national scale. Deplatforming them is the only way to prevent the spread of toxic ideology.

To really combat fascism, you have to have the power to enact real change that returns opportunity to those without them, of all races in the lower economic classes. If they weren't deprived, bullied by the establishment and genuinely angry, they wouldn't need fascism. Racism could still persist, but fascism is genocidal where racism is violent.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: You do not have permission to view this thread

Post by Jack7D1 » #564619

What are we talking about
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564620

I was wondering why Trump has assembled a motley crew of ~6000 agents from various agencies (DEA, ICE, Border Patrol, prison riot officers, ATF) to 'patrol' the streets of DC - a lot of them are even completely unmarked and unidentifiable.
Some of those agencies, of course, work under the Department of Justice led by William "I wasn't aware that Black Hawk helicopters were intimidating protestors in the most heavily controlled air space in the world" Barr.
But a lot of them work under the umbrella of the Department for Homeland Security (DHS).

[...]
Trump’s new institutional target has few of the antibodies that allowed the Justice Department to resist his worst impulses. A young and immature department patched together after the 9/11 attacks, DHS is ripe for abuse by a would-be authoritarian—it has fewer institutional norms of behavior, less organizational DNA rooted in the rule of law, a comparatively high number of political appointees and a workforce and union base uniquely sympathetic to the president’s goals. These institutional susceptibilities should be particularly concerning for anyone paying attention to the rule of law under Trump.

DHS, with little public attention and in ways its original creators likely never imagined, has grown over the last decade into the nation’s largest federal law enforcement body. Its original legal authorities were geared towards protecting the country from terrorism threats. But Customs and Border Protection today has swelled into a literal army of 45,000 Border Patrol agents and CBP officers—that’s three times the number of armed law enforcement at the FBI and even more gun-carrying personnel than the Coast Guard, the nation’s smallest military branch. The 20,000 additional sworn law enforcement personnel of ICE, for its part, is roughly equivalent to the Justice Department agent ranks of the FBI, ATF and DEA combined. Plus, of course, there are the 4,500 agents and officers of the Secret Service—whose director was part of the president’s purge last week.

And unlike the DOJ and FBI, which have powerful and long-held traditions of independence from White House control, DHS, in some ways, was specifically designed to be responsive to political concerns.

[...] the DHS secretary is meant to respond to the president’s direction on national security priorities, a realm where the president is traditionally given far more leeway than in “rule of law” issues.
[...]
Moreover, the two DHS secretaries under Donald Trump—specifically John Kelly and Nielsen—did not insulate their workforce from politicization the way that Christopher Wray has at FBI, but instead exacerbated it. They’ve used CBP employees in commercials and White House photo ops to further the president’s political agenda. The White House has encouraged a perception that DHS is militarized and above the law [...]

Many of DHS’s rank and file also directly support Trump. Whereas the FBI Agents Association—its voice for the rank and file—has fought back against the president’s assaults on the rule of law and the GOP’s attacks on its members, Trump was endorsed during the campaign by the union rank-and-file of ICE and the Border Patrol unions, both of which gave Trump unprecedented endorsements during the presidential campaign.
All these differences between DHS and other law enforcement agencies might not be such a big deal if DHS were better-run to start with, but it already suffers from low morale and years of mismanagement, with a workforce that is already one of the deadliest, least trained and least transparent in the federal government.
[...]
CBP ranks as the nation’s deadliest federal law enforcement agency and despite years of efforts at reform still often operates with little accountability.
[...]
From 2005 to 2012, nearly one CBP agent or officer was arrested every single day; while those rates have dropped, there were still more than 500 CBP officers and agents arrested from 2014 to 2015.
[...]
All this is why the purge at DHS should be setting off alarm bells: The signs are that Trump is attempting to clear all the obstacles in his way—whether that’s people or laws, and there’s reason to worry that the DHS will not be capable of stopping his most severe directives.
Don't count on DHS to resist Trumps worst impulses

I think all of those agents are protected by 'qualified immunity'. Yikes.
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564621

[youtube]fJk0xtHd4wI[/youtube]

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564623

Actionb wrote:[youtube]fJk0xtHd4wI[/youtube]

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #564624

Grazyn wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
How is giving nazis a platform to spew their hate going to help race relations, especially in times like these? It also would be nice to know how they define a "successful conference". That everyone was able to express their point of view in the name of perfect balance? That they managed to convert some nazis from "the holocaust never happened but it should have" to "alright it happened, so what?"

Knowing nothing about the guy, that post stinks of "Imam of peace"-like trolling
I can't even imagine how you can be this far up your own ass that you see a guy who tries to convince people that have a different perspective of his perspective without going into violence or personal attacks. And you still think they're evil for talking to those people.

You should go join these riots and hopefully get owned Grazyn. But stop polluting this website with your bad takes.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564629

Actually I don't really think he's evil (i.e. doing it with malice like the aforementioned imam of peace), just misguided.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564631

Grazyn wrote:Actually I don't really think he's evil (i.e. doing it with malice like the aforementioned imam of peace), just misguided.
sorry your opinion can only be a binary nazi/not-nazi because you're a silly lefty that believes in human dignity

cuck destroyed mission accomplished
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #564632

Stickymayhem wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Actually I don't really think he's evil (i.e. doing it with malice like the aforementioned imam of peace), just misguided.
sorry your opinion can only be a binary nazi/not-nazi because you're a silly lefty that believes in human dignity

you realize grazyn earlier point was essentialy "centrism bad" right?
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564633

Qustinnus wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

god it's literally impossible to make you guys look stupider than you actually are

irony is dead
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #564635

Stickymayhem wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

god it's literally impossible to make you guys look stupider than you actually are

irony is dead
you missed my point entirely. Maybe if you ate some meat your brain cells wouldn't be dying off
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564637

Qustinnus wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

Do you even know what the enlightened centrism meme means
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #564638

[youtube]bWXazVhlyxQ[/youtube]
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564641

Some good protest songs are definitely missing these years.
But meanwhile...
[youtube]XRGeroKV3ik[/youtube]

(why is it always the trained soldiers that aren't total dipshits while the police is busy pushing 75-year-olds)
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564642

Actionb wrote:Some good protest songs are definitely missing these years.
But meanwhile...
[youtube]XRGeroKV3ik[/youtube]

(why is it always the trained soldiers that aren't total dipshits while the police is busy pushing 75-year-olds)
The national guard spend 95% of the time being normal citizens and they're actually fucking trained and held to rules of engagement

its almost like community focused, carefully trained, accountable and restricted policing is a good idea

I mean fucking honestly playing security in ss13 comes with more restriction, accountability and consequence than real life fucking policing in america
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #564644

Qustinnus wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
~I give KKK a chance and was attacked by Antifa on a free speech conference with ring wing youtube kids~
how is this centrism? he's a political activist seeking to improve race relations
How is giving nazis a platform to spew their hate going to help race relations
I can't even imagine how you can be this far up your own ass that you see a guy who tries to convince people that have a different perspective of his perspective without going into violence or personal attacks. And you still think they're evil for talking to those people.

Holy shit stop.

That entire 'free speech conference' + Davis + Antifa thing:
[youtube]s4pxtiLR928[/youtube]
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #564649

Actionb wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
~I give KKK a chance and was attacked by Antifa on a free speech conference with ring wing youtube kids~
how is this centrism? he's a political activist seeking to improve race relations

Holy shit stop.

you posting college humor videos to make a point is the same as people using stonetoss comics to make a point.

its very cringe and misses the mark.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564651

Actionb wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
Grazyn wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:

Holy shit stop.

retard
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564653

Actionb wrote:
Holy shit stop.

<SNIP>
This fucking mongoloid really posted a collegehumor video thinking that was something that would elevate his argument - a point to sway dissenters and a "aha see I'm smart and you are not" to rally his supporters.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #564654

stupid commie fuck, hope you enjoy being the first against the wall once you cease being a useful idiot and start being a liability

do you know why every communist regime relies on mass purging? because they don't want people who will revolt after they're in power
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564677

Isn't the whole point of the protests "we're already up against the wall (or down on the curb) thanks to the shitty ideology you're pushing"?

Also how comes that when leftist whites try to foster relations with oppressed outcasts and misfits like illegal immigrants, junkies, trans people etc. they're called dumb naive virtue signallers and a threat to society, but being nice to Nazis is suddenly worthy of the peace Nobel prize?

I mean just look how the right stressed the fact that some liberal organizations paid bail to protesters, this Davis guy not only paid bail but tried to lessen the sentence of a Nazi who literally shot his gun at black people while shouting "niggers" but I guess that's a-ok and an example for everyone.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564683

Grazyn wrote:Also how comes that when leftist whites try to foster relations with oppressed outcasts and misfits like illegal immigrants, junkies, trans people etc. they're called dumb naive virtue signallers and a threat to society, but being nice to Nazis is suddenly worthy of the peace Nobel prize?
This would probably be because when white leftists try to do this half of the time it's just patronising "poor minorities we know you're too stupid to do anything yourself all us whites need to band together to save you from yourselves" - a lot of the time they aren't "fostering relations" and aren't bothering to understand the people they interact with, instead shoving their own assumptions of who minorities are and what they want.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564684

Debate is worthless because you fascists don't follow the same rules.

The point of THE MARKETPLACE OF IDEAS is that ideas are theoretically engaged with in rigorous debate, but fascists dont give a fuck about that. You're there to dog-whistle to anyone watching and give them just enough of a reason to justify their hatred for the people you want to oppress. That's why fascism grows so easily in liberalism and caring about free speech is a convenient excuse for reaching out with propaganda like (((globalists))) and white genocide to people who'll listen ignoring the repeated debunking of their nonsense ideology. The ideology doesn't care about reality, it's a justification for eliminatiion.

Fascists want to protect whiteness, but that's incompatible with having ANY other ethnicities in your country because they'll interbreed and mixed races aren't considered white. So where a fucking nazi can say "Alright I'll de-escalate, I'll back down, I'll go read a book" and can go on with their fucking lives, if the people who oppose fascists de-escalate, they FUCKING DIE. IT HAPPENS OVER AND OVER. We even have a fucking word for it, appeasement.

You can't let fascism be built unchecked. That's why antifa exists in direct opposition to it. We know exactly where unchecked fascism leads. Remember, first they came for the communists? Well check it out antifa/left-wing activism (used interchangeably in the bill that would designate antifa a terrorist organisation) is becoming a terrorist organisation.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564685

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Also how comes that when leftist whites try to foster relations with oppressed outcasts and misfits like illegal immigrants, junkies, trans people etc. they're called dumb naive virtue signallers and a threat to society, but being nice to Nazis is suddenly worthy of the peace Nobel prize?
This would probably be because when white leftists try to do this half of the time it's just patronising "poor minorities we know you're too stupid to do anything yourself all us whites need to band together to save you from yourselves" - a lot of the time they aren't "fostering relations" and aren't bothering to understand the people they interact with, instead shoving their own assumptions of who minorities are and what they want.
The message being passed around in antifa is 100% to defer to black leadership and be a supportive element in this issue. Antifa exists in great part to stop the kind of fascism that results in the oppression of other ethnicities. It's extremely convenient to throw around white saviour rhetoric at your opponents to try and divide them

but of course you knew that you silly fascist
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564687

Stickymayhem wrote:The message being passed around in antifa is 100% to defer to black leadership and be a supportive element in this issue. Antifa exists in great part to stop the kind of fascism that results in the oppression of other ethnicities. It's extremely convenient to throw around white saviour rhetoric at your opponents to try and divide them

but of course you knew that you silly fascist
Where did I mention antifa? I'd say of course you knew I didn't - but that would be giving you undeserved credit.

Your kind and your proclivity to label anything that isn't in your immediate camp "fascist" does you no favours.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #564688

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
That's a common argument, when white liberals say "stop being racist" the usual answer is "you're virtue signalling, black people can speak for themselves, stop trying to tell them how they should feel". We see it right here in this forum every time the "racial slurs shouldn't be banned" discussion comes up.

Then when actual black people rise up to say "stop being racist" the answer is *cricket sound* at best or "despite being only 13%" copypasta or even "the Jews are behind it" at worst.