What to do when you can not talk… but somehow have to.

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
AIM-54-Phoenix

What to do when you can not talk… but somehow have to.

Post by AIM-54-Phoenix » #66265

I have had two bans about it now (actually one ban-warning and another ban), and I am looking to prevent a third ban for the same reason.

The problem is the following:
What do you do, if you witness something incredibly hilarious thing - like someone totally failing at doing something, that would be obvious for anybody, but a comment on that would be actual OOC. If you comment on OOC on such action, it would get you 15 mins (at least it got me 15 - heh) but IC would be totally OOC.

My special occations, that got me into trouble:
One time, i was on the station as a …engineer i think it was. or Atmos-tech. The AI was asked to state its laws - over radio, common, and the station was - as far as i know - not really broken. It stated its laws. All of them. Even its malf-law. (why would you ever do that?)
Everybody knows now, what gametype this round is, exept for people who are still in the lobby. (also everyone went out to lynch the AI after that). I asked in OOC why the AI stated the […]overrun[…]-law. Should I ask something like that in IC? It was obvious (a very bad) mistake and it was stated in common radio. This was the first time I stepped over the border, but should you ask everything over common radio instead?
Is there a big difference, when you say something that is almost public knowledge in OOC? How would you cope with such an action.

The second occasion (actually two days ago):
I was the AI. The round went very well, i had a lot of fun, since some traitors tried to brand me a s malf - so after law 3 I started to go after these people. But there were several things that made me laugh.
Shortly before the round ended, the HoS started uploading a law. It was about the station being now a kingdom. I stated all 4 laws. On common radio. Then the HoS uploaded another law, that should apparently have been No 5, but overwrote law 4. I stated it over radio (common). Then he uploaded another law, that supposedly should have been No. 6. I stated it over radio (common). I was cracking up, over these changes, since he did not even try to correct law No 4 before. I was literally laughing, almost falling over.
But as AI, I am bound to higher role-playing standards, so something like laughing should not be in my Character. But it was somewhat obvious - at least for me - that something went wrong with the law uploads.
That was the point, where i commented in OOC on the HoS work. I could not do it in IC, as it is clearly OOC. HDL told me that I ruined the round for at least one Person. (I failed to see for whom but don't argue about that for now.) I got my 15-minute-ban for that.

My Question resulting from those two events is:
How do you cope with OOC-comments, and talk about the current round, how to prevent such things?
What do you do instead? I feel like sometimes its better being dead, so you can talk about everything and everyone, not even caring for IC/OOC. What strategies would you suggest instead when you are still alive?

TL;DR:
I fail at seperating IC and OOC sometimes, how do i become better?

*edit*
also, i posted it here, since i dont know into what topic of discussion it would belong.
*/edit*
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: What to do when you can not talk… but somehow have to.

Post by Jeb » #66279

If it relates to anything at all to the current round, then keep your mouth shut until the round ends.

That's how you prevent ick in ock bannu.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #66288

Just wait till the end of the round you nerd.

The world won't end if everyone doesn't immediately see your hilarious and insightful quips.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #66296

One of the easiest rules to follow, like you have be willingly and manually typing that shit in to ic in ooc like that.

Just don't. Ever. It's that simple.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #66302

OP is literally digg: the post.

>HEY GUYS I FOUND THIS FUNNY THING EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME XD

Have some self-control please.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66387

i'm having harlan ellison flashbacks
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #66431

OOCBITCHING IN OFF TOPIIC BANHE
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #66632

I don't think you fully grasp the idea of what metagaming is (especially metacom) and why we have the rules about it that we do. What the fuck is so hard about understanding that saying in OOC that the HoS modified your laws ruins the round for the HoS? Now everyone knows he was trying to sabotage the AI. If you seriously can't make connections like that even after committing the fact (and you should be able to do it BEFORE, so you don't actually do it), this server is not the right place for you.

If you absolutely have to share your lelrandom moment with everyone, copy the logs, then AFTER the round is over post them in the Quotes thread.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #67525

:thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw: :thelaw:

Just don't IC in OOC, don't fucking do it, or beepsky will find you.

Also we need to get Crag back to write some new insults for beepsky.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
AIM-54-Phoenix

Post by AIM-54-Phoenix » #67573

okay, I got it. *welp*
thank you for your replys anyway.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #67582

if you absolutely can't handle it, use pray and tell the space gods. they will usually get a chortle out of it.
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #67596

420weedscopes wrote:if you absolutely can't handle it, use pray and tell the space gods. they will usually get a chortle out of it.
Goddammit 420
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman