Re: Military power

Post by NikNakFlak » #66333

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

U. S. A.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #66335

The US could mop the floor with anyone they wanted, but aside from playing policeman with a bunch of goatfuckers we really have no reason to attack anyone except maybe North Korea.
InThePooPoo
Byond Username: InThePooPoo

Post by InThePooPoo » #66336

USA would easily beat Russia 1-on-1 but bruh against multiple countries nobody would win.
Also what Loonikus said.
i lov myself
world is volcano an big bun dickit signs
i lov myself
but it can do my in the but an i dont mine
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66368

why is north korea so low? every stat is has is better than belgium's...
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #66370

USA USA USA

america stronk
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #66377

Kavaloosh wrote:why is north korea so low? every stat is has is better than belgium's...
because best korea is the laughing stock of everything they take part in

the only thing that could legitimately affect the US in a war is a direct attack on big cities or a nuclear attack (or both)
both are unlikely unless grorius reader has a death wish or putin feels like bringing back communism
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #66397

I feel weird. Perhaps I've watched too much dramatic stuff or played too many violent video games (/sarc) but I'd actually love to see World War III, regardless of the outcomes.
I dunno, I just love the concept of Alliances and battles. I wouldn't get involved though, I'm a massive wimp and fighting isn't my style.
Another semi related thing I desire is the rebuilding of the British Empire but that's just patriotism I assume.

Odd question but, does anyone also feel this way? or is it more shit to add to my pile of "Reasons I'm weird"?
私は完璧
miggles

Post by miggles » #66403

well generally world wars result in millions of deaths so yeah thats kind of not normal
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #66405

Remie Richards wrote: Another semi related thing I desire is the rebuilding of the British Empire but that's just patriotism I assume.
1413676497279.png
P.S. holy shit I still have no idea how picture formatting works and I'm too lazy to learn
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #66407

Military tech is way too deadly now I hope to god we never have another war
it won't be like WWI or WWII it'll just be fuck
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #66410

Why does North Korea have so many submarines? Its nearest opponent is across a land border, and its nearest opponent's supporters have the biggest air force in the world. (USA USA)

Also TIL not even 15 countries have militaries notable on a scale compared to America's. (USA USA)
Remie Richards wrote:I feel weird. Perhaps I've watched too much dramatic stuff or played too many violent video games (/sarc) but I'd actually love to see World War III, regardless of the outcomes.
I dunno, I just love the concept of Alliances and battles. I wouldn't get involved though, I'm a massive wimp and fighting isn't my style.
Another semi related thing I desire is the rebuilding of the British Empire but that's just patriotism I assume.

Odd question but, does anyone also feel this way? or is it more shit to add to my pile of "Reasons I'm weird"?
Some of this is a bit off but it's healthy to have a bit of power lust for glorious Empire... right? Sure.

ACTUALLY I was just thinking about something notable earlier today with the whole Ukraine crisis. The single instance I can think of where two nations, both of which in possession of nuclear missiles, went to war was India-Pakistan in the 1990s, which was rather limited.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #66413

miggles wrote:well generally world wars result in millions of deaths so yeah thats kind of not normal
I figured. I used to hate death, just as a concept, Heck I cried when the janitor at my primary school (Whom I'd never spoken to) died.
But I don't really care anymore. I get that this desire is weird but eh, it is what it is.
Loonikus wrote:-image snip-
P.S. holy shit I still have no idea how picture formatting works and I'm too lazy to learn
>The pub is called Pole and Ball
Well done Polandball, well done.
Cipher3 wrote: Some of this is a bit off but it's healthy to have a bit of power lust for glorious Empire... right? Sure.
Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves, Britons never never never shall be slaves!
Last edited by Remie Richards on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
私は完璧
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66414

Remie Richards wrote:I feel weird. Perhaps I've watched too much dramatic stuff or played too many violent video games (/sarc) but I'd actually love to see World War III, regardless of the outcomes.

it's fine man, miggles just likes to sound normal also i fucked you're waifu
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66417

Kavaloosh wrote:

From what I've gathered with my friendship with miggles, he is pretty normal.
also leave Ruka alone :S also she's not my waifu, I just like her.
Last edited by Remie Richards on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
私は完璧
Rumpelstiltskin3
Byond Username: Rumpelstiltskin3

Post by Rumpelstiltskin3 » #66418

HU3ZIL WILL CONQUER THE WORLD.

We actually just bought some really shitty russian tanks for an unreasonable price because reasons.
Whatup
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #66429

>That feeling when your country's main foreign aid recipient has more troops, more tanks, more aircraft, more subs and more aircraft carriers that yours with almost as much budget.

I personally think we should retake Africa and bring back apartheid because the blacks have clearly demonstrated they are unable to manage and run a civilised country they've inherited.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66447

Remie Richards wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote:

From what I've gathered with my friendship with miggles, he is pretty normal.
also leave Ruka alone :S also she's not my waifu, I just like her.
generally when you have a waifu you like them
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #66457

Dat inefficient Australian Mil budget.

Oh thank god we still giving foreign aid to Indonesia totes being used to rebuild for Indonesians their leaders don't give 2 shits about. You seen the hand cart waste collection in their capital? The swarms of the poor living scavenging recycling out of open landfill?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66458

Kavaloosh wrote: generally when you have a waifu you like them
Well, I don't have a waifu (I'm a girl and I'm pretty sure I don't swing that way) or a husbando (hey, it's Ruka we're discussing here).
As I said, I just like the character.
私は完璧
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66460

Remie Richards wrote:
Well, I don't have a waifu (I'm a girl and I'm pretty sure I don't swing that way) or a husbando (hey, it's Ruka we're discussing here).
yeah okay rob
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #66463

>you will never be a squad leader and tell ramirez to frag that russian
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66467

Kavaloosh wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
yeah okay rob
OOooh yet another person who thinks waving around something from someone's past is funny or clever.
私は完璧
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #66469

I've always wondered how hard it would be a foreign military power other than Aliums to take over and occupy the US.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66474

Kavaloosh wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:OOooh yet another person who thinks waving around something from someone's past is funny or clever.
you think it's okay to lie on the internet?

that's what you get for banning me from #coderbus you little shit
>Lying
looks like someone's from the 1800s

Also I've never banned anyone from the bus, I've kicked 2 people, Neither of them were "Kavaloosh" and even if one of them were actually you, you probably deserved it.
Your beef is with someone else.
私は完璧
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66475

Remie Richards wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:OOooh yet another person who thinks waving around something from someone's past is funny or clever.

>Lying

Also I've never banned anyone from the bus, I've kicked 2 people, Neither of them were "Kavaloosh" and even if one of them were actually you, you probably deserved it.
what you did got me banned from coderbus, you really should know the consequences of your actions.
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #66476

RG4 wrote:I've always wondered how hard it would be a foreign military power other than Aliums to take over and occupy the US.
The thought of crawling through a swamp in Florida searching for Bubba and his Libertarian militia is reminding me of my Dads Vietnam War stories.

In other words, it wouldn't end well for the invaders.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66477

Kavaloosh wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote:

>Lying

what you did got me banned from coderbus, you really should know the consequences of your actions.
Kavaloosh I've never done shit to you, we don't interact because we don't know each other.

I recall an instance in which someone (Don't remember the name, not sure it was you but since noone else has apparently been holding a grudge all this time I assume it was you) came in ask for me under that name, to which Muskets immediately banned the person. Yes it made me uncomfortable, And although I'm glad she did (as it relieved me) I didn't ask her to do so.
私は完璧
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66478

Remie Richards wrote:

Kavaloosh I've never done shit to you, we don't interact because we don't know each other.

I recall an instance in which someone (Don't remember the name, not sure it was you but since noone else has apparently been holding a grudge all this time I assume it was you) came in ask for me under that name, to which Muskets immediately banned the person. Yes it made me uncomfortable, And although I'm glad she did (as it relieved me) I didn't ask her to do so.
yeah that was me, fag, didn't know you switched genders in your mind's eye back then and was messing with you while trying to talk to coderbus about what they had done recently and you blew it way out of proportion, i always wondered why you switched names until i heard it first from you yourself
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66479

Kavaloosh wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:

yeah that was me, fag, didn't know you switched genders in your mind's eye back then and was messing with you while trying to talk to coderbus about what they had done recently and you blew it way out of proportion
I'm fairly certain I didn't say or do anything towards you at the time, and as I said, I didn't ask for you to be banned. I could help get you unbanned if you want to go there and talk but the way you're talking to me isn't very nice so I don't see why I'd do so.
私は完璧
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #66480

>Come to discuss military affairs
>Turns into a discussion of Remie Richards possible case of Gender Identity Disorder and coderbus

This thread folded faster than Ukrainian resistance against Russian rebel forces
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66481

Remie Richards wrote:I'm fairly certain I didn't say or do anything towards you at the time, and as I said, I didn't ask for you to be banned. I could help get you unbanned if you want to go there and talk but the way you're talking to me isn't very nice so I don't see why I'd do so.
you did, what you said to me had a direct impact, but there's nothing to be done. /tg/station is a wretched shell of its former self, filled with coders who don't actually play the game, (like yourself), remove features, nerf things, and put in bay-like policies to further 'help' the station, were through here.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66482

Kavaloosh wrote: filled with coders who don't actually play the game, (like yourself)
I do play. I play on Basil/Badger because I like the players and interaction there. Funnily enough I had to explain this to someone else today aswell.
While the "Coders don't play" meme may be true for 1 or 2 in the bus, it certainly doesn't cover us all, not by a long shot.

If you want to talk/discuss getting you unbanned my steam is in my sig.
Last edited by Remie Richards on Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
私は完璧
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66483

Remie Richards wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote: filled with coders who don't actually play the game, (like yourself)
I do play. I play on Basil/Badger because I like the players and interaction there. Funnily enough I had to explain this to someone else today aswell.
While the "Coders don't play" meme may be true for 1 or 2 in the bus, it certainly doesn't cover us all, not by a long shot.

(also amazingly that quote doesn't seem to work. joy.)
i've only ever seen you before you were a coder, and now i don't see you at all, ever
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #66484

Kavaloosh wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
Kavaloosh wrote: filled with coders who don't actually play the game, (like yourself)[/qoute]

(also amazingly that quote doesn't seem to work. joy.)
i've only ever seen you before you were a coder, but i guess we don't like talking about him, do we? also you spelled quote wrong
So I did (Hilariously I wrote that [/quote] out manually because everytime I hit "preview" or "submit" it replaced it with two closing tags.
You saw me before I was a coder? funnily enough I played LESS back then.

Also my ckey isn't well known, I only added it to my forum profile about 2 weeks ago(?) and now it's blank because of the new linking feature.
and if "Not at all, ever" is the last week or so, you'd be right, I haven't played in the last week because of college work and a friend requesting I spend my time doing something else.
on top of that SS13 requires a lot of me emotionally (On top of being broken in that way, I'm also extremely shy)
私は完璧
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #66486

it was inevitable
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #66489

You guys totally derailed the thread in a massive argument about coderbus.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #66510

who would have guessed that wishing to bring back apartheid wouldn't even be the most retarded thing said in this thread
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #66512

nsos wrote:who would have guessed that wishing to bring back apartheid wouldn't even be the most retarded thing said in this thread
is it your post oh shit #told
miggles

Post by miggles » #66518

this is the one time im disappointed that niknak didn't do more than make a stupid post
jfc can we go back to talking about nuclear war or whatever
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #66527

This is now an amerigan thread. Fuggin gommunists need to go.
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image ... 292998.png
tfw BOOOOORN IN FUGGIN AMERIGA
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image ... 321414.jpg
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned

Post by mikecari » #66535

Violaceus wrote:-snip-
That's basically Mekhi Anderson/Luke Cox whenever he plays Head of Security.
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #66554

1415136228893.jpg
P.S. HAHAHAH STILL CAN'T FORMAT
miggles

Post by miggles » #66556

stop using attachments then this isnt 4chan you dont have to upload your files to the site
link them with [img] tags
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #66557

miggles wrote: this isnt 4chan
Could have fooled me. Besides, I'm not going through all that on my phone.
miggles

Post by miggles » #66563

you must be easily fooled then
Loonikus

Post by Loonikus » #66567

Your right. /k/ can actually hold a conversation about military powers without devolving into idiots trolling closet trannies and who banned who from a chatroom about coding for a 2D spessman game.
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned

Post by mikecari » #66569

Nuclear weapons make world wars way too fucking dangerous now. So yeah I hope another global conflict doesn't occur or otherwise we'll all be
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #66584

RG4 wrote:I've always wondered how hard it would be a foreign military power other than Aliums to take over and occupy the US.
Well Mexico has taken California without firing a shot, so not that hard as long as the aliens make love not war
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #66587

ITT: Capitalists and imperialist propaganda.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #66623

I didn't feel like purging half the thread, even if it was off topic, it would fill half a page with deleted stuff.

Back on topic: Why don't we have more subs in America? Also noting, this chart doesn't take into account equipment or training and other various things. I guess because it's military, it's hard to measure that.