Recycled Escalation peanut

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Recycled Escalation peanut

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589678

"I just murdered a janitor because he stole a banana peel from me, what's the problem???"

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Re: Janny murder peanut

Post by thehogshotgun » #589691

What the hell is a tram
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #589697

thehogshotgun wrote:What the hell is a tram
It's the thing that moves you around on tramstation
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #589705

Also now that I read the appeal if what he says is true and the guy he "killed" succumbed this ban is shit

succumbing should forfeit most protections you would have had because you denied the person who crit you any opportunity to make sure you wouldn't die.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #589708

Clown instigated
Janny fought back
Clown crit
Janny succumbed
This is all covered under escalation and you forfeit admin help when you succumb. In the past this was considered ban bait.
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #589710

Clown clearly wasn't operating in good faith, he can shut the fuck up and eat his day ban
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589711

wesoda25 wrote:Clown clearly wasn't operating in good faith, he can shut the fuck up and eat his day ban
Exactly.

It's a fucking banana peel. It's literally garbage dropped on the floor. The janitor did his job by cleaning it up after the clown goes "hehe xd im gonna slip this guy for no reason". It wasn't "stolen" it was dropped on the floor on purpose.

Clown could go "damn well played" and picked up soap, or water cups, or just gotten a damn banana and eaten it. Or maybe pick up a gimmick that hasn't been done to death.

But nooooooo "I had to punish the thief!!". Guy literally found an "excuse" to get violent and went with it. Clown can get fucked lmao.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #589712

Banana peels are the least unique item in a clown's loadout. I wouldn't call using a banana peel as clown "griefing", though.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #589729

it's an enclosed moving platform that vibrates left or right for an underwhelming length of time that makes everyone walk along with it. inevitably a catastrophe occurs either codewise or roundwise and everyone dies spectacularly
i've seen it bring the server to its knees with lag, the end take off into space to the edge of the z-level and kill everyone caught with it, half of it leave without the other half and it become an instant kill zone that flung anyone who entered it off its walls like ping pong
Last edited by cacogen on Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589821

Lmfao this fucking plant lifeform just gets into ANOTHER shitfest because of escalation

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ead#unread
Malkraz

Re: Recycled Escalation peanut

Post by Malkraz » #589832

No rule below 1 actually exists
prove me wrong
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #589836

Malkraz wrote:No rule below 1 actually exists
prove me wrong
all rules below 1 basically boil down to "we're frankly amazed that we have to tell you this but if you do these things you're a dick"
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #589840

rule 4 lets you be a dick, and rule 8 tells you to not show your dick
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #589841

if I'm reading that right, dude got a note after his last escapade led to a ban, and he's complaining about it? dudes lucky he got a candymin to go easy on him and doesn't know when to fold
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #589850

Screemonster wrote:
Malkraz wrote:No rule below 1 actually exists
prove me wrong
all rules below 1 basically boil down to "we're frankly amazed that we have to tell you this but if you do these things you're a dick"
And then you get banned anyway, the mime instigated against this guy and then ahelped after getting his shit kicked in. When did we stop having a problem with this?
Manuel has done serious harm to the minds of jannies. Timberpoes trying to apply the line "Random murders are not acceptable nor is the killing of other players for poor or little reasoning such as ‘My character is insane’" to this situation is straight brain drain.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #589854

cacogen wrote:
it's an enclosed moving platform that vibrates left or right for an underwhelming length of time that makes everyone walk along with it. inevitably a catastrophe occurs either codewise or roundwise and everyone dies spectacularly
i've seen it bring the server to its knees with lag, the end take off into space to the edge of the z-level and kill everyone caught with it, half of it leave without the other half and it become an instant kill zone that flung anyone who entered it off its walls like ping pong
based