2 grandmasters play chess to baka mitai, explore lost dreams and old friendships

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

2 grandmasters play chess to baka mitai, explore lost dreams and old friendships

Post by BONERMASTER » #589772

[youtube]mBPdGQ2SnCA[/youtube]

Will you join them?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: 2 grandmasters play chess to baka mitai, explore lost dreams and old friendships

Post by Misdoubtful » #589773

This hurts
Hugs
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: 2 grandmasters play chess to baka mitai, explore lost dreams and old friendships

Post by cacogen » #589775

I mean I googled it it seems to have something to do with the game Yakuza that I found boring
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #589828

I keep watching this over and over. It's hypnotic
► Show Spoiler
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589830

The pawn g5 odds flip was fucking great
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #589858

Farquaar wrote:I keep watching this over and over. It's hypnotic
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:The pawn g5 odds flip was fucking great

Yes, yes it was! :mrgreen: Haha, I keep thinking about the rook you know, screwed by life before it even started, with no fault of his own, and everything was looking so good until one small move ruined everything, oh man.... haha..........
Spoiler:

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #589861

i saw these videos, decided to play lichess.org against a level 1 computer (i'm bad at chess)
i have no fucking clue what the cpu is smoking but i want some of that shit
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #589889

trollbreeder wrote:i saw these videos, decided to play lichess.org against a level 1 computer (i'm bad at chess)
one game the cpu pussyfooted around before i said fuck it, captured a pawn in sight of the queen and thought i was about to lose a rook... but the queen just ran away. ?????
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #589890

i dunno what chess is
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #589891

I won an epic chess match recently.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #589892

trollbreeder wrote:i saw these videos, decided to play lichess.org against a level 1 computer (i'm bad at chess)
Chess is arguably broken down to just math at this point. The AI has the cheat sheet of "yep these moves get me this amount of advantage" in order of best to worst. The low level AI will intentionally pick the useless moves to give you the advantage.

The big bar flip from black to white at the end of the video is because the AI knows "If black moves king one row down, white can't do shit" but the player doesn't see it. The bar immediately flips after black wastes the turn moving his other pawn 2 spaces because the AI knows all white has to do is fork the king/rook with it's own rook and black is fucked. White actually sees the move and goes for it (which is debatably when the odds should flip because he made the move, but an AI wouldn't screw up the defensive move before like black does).
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #589926

trollbreeder wrote:
one game the cpu pussyfooted around before i said fuck it, captured a pawn in sight of the queen and thought i was about to lose a rook... but the queen just ran away. ?????
fear RP
trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #589931

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
trollbreeder wrote:
fear RP
/advert drop 2000 elo or get captured 3/2/1
Qxc4

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590079

I tried lichess under those circumstances and though I'm not very experienced with chess trollbreeder is overstating the difficulty of the AI at that level

NSFW:

trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #590096

cacogen wrote:I tried lichess under those circumstances and though I'm not very experienced with chess trollbreeder is overstating the difficulty of the AI at that level

Wait, "overstating"? It's even more retarded than i thought?!

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #590097

Don't blame caco, blame the whiskey that's been clouding his eyes all evening. :whiskey:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #590155

Wait I can't read anyway I won a chess game so that's the takeaway here
NSFW: