Raphael2033 Peanut (Katana man take greytiders by the hand)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Raphael2033 Peanut (Katana man take greytiders by the hand)

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #593215

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28644

you baked potatoes stop peanut posting in the thread
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Not-Dorsidarf

Re: Raphael2033 Peanut (Katana man take greytiders by the hand)

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #593216

For my part, I'm interested in the fact that FATAL and the player in question have completely incompatible accounts of what happened and neither of them seem to be trying to address that fact
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #593226

Do I need to edit my post to literally quote the rule or is “there is a rule that states X” not sufficient?

The peanut take is that you can’t larp as security when it’s convenient then suddenly fallback to “I’m just a clown” when you start getting smacked with the aversion to lethality restriction we put on sec
Last edited by Cobby on Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593227

Hmmm. A nebulous, questionable ruling. I wonder who it belongs to.

Ah it's Fatal, yeah no wonder.

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593246

"I already made my decision fuck you"

Lmfao wow what a dipshit
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #593247

wow fatal better be careful swinging that big Literally Who The Fuck admin dick around shit talking the person appealing and telling him to go make a peanut thread, acting like that is a good way to make people resent you and since you seem to be a paper-thin skinned vagina guised as a man that's a ticket to Shitmin Meltdown Syndrome as everyone calls you a stupid fuck.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #593263

Super Aggro Crag wrote:wow fatal better be careful swinging that big Literally Who The Fuck admin dick around shit talking the person appealing and telling him to go make a peanut thread, acting like that is a good way to make people resent you and since you seem to be a paper-thin skinned vagina guised as a man that's a ticket to Shitmin Meltdown Syndrome as everyone calls you a stupid fuck.
My phrase "Anyway I made my decision, unless the headmins want to overrule, if you feel a pressing need to discuss why you believe it's in error, go make a peanut thread like a good boy"

Was aimed at the people peanut posting in the thread, although I can understand the confusion towards it, and perhaps could have been phrased better for sure

Maybe if the appealing player spends more than 2 minutes making an appeal and replies to my reply, or even go through the logs to find evidence to back up his case, we might have got somewhere with this, but instead let's throw insults on spacemen drama for something we're not involved in because we have nothing better to do

:honkman:
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593264

Nobody peanut posted though, unless you count Malkraz full on log diving as peanut posting (its not)?

Nobody was even slightly disrespectful except for you calling his appeal low effort, and then telling people to basically fuck off.

You even repeated "wordlessly" when it was clearly pointed out it wasn't "wordless".
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593265

Noone pointed a gun at you to make you become admin, you volunteered for it. You need to show some semblance of a standard you like it or not. Starting your post like "Your appeal was low effort so I'm not gonna log dive and I'm not gonna pour effort into it either" is incredibly childish and a horrible standard to set as admin. Maybe I'm crazy and this isn't the case?

It really looks like you're burned out or something. You're not new at adminning Fatal, and it shows you could really take a break and seek good admin examples to learn about how to interact with players correctly, you caveman.

cameronwoof
Byond Username: Cameron Lancaster

Post by cameronwoof » #593290

Guy breaks into the bridge with a sword for an arm, gets his sword arm taken away. Why is it relevant that the person who did the surgery (which a security officer authorized, no less) is a clown? Why is it that it's okay for the sword-arm assistant (who does not appear to be an antagonist) to break into the Bridge, but not okay for the clown (who is also not an antagonist) to punish them for it?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #593294

Agux909 wrote:Noone pointed a gun at you to make you become admin, you volunteered for it. You need to show some semblance of a standard you like it or not.
today in things the players will make up when they feel it's required.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #593295

Cobby wrote:Do I need to edit my post to literally quote the rule or is “there is a rule that states X” not sufficient?

The peanut take is that you can’t larp as security when it’s convenient then suddenly fallback to “I’m just a clown” when you start getting smacked with the aversion to lethality restriction we put on sec
I disagree with this take that sec telling you you can punish a greytider by taking his sword arm instantly makes you sec for the whole round. Its not like the clown captured the greyshit and brought him to a seccie to pretty please may i cut his arm off, the clown wanders up in the middle of the HOP and sec officer dunking on him for trying to break into the bridge
(The reason incidentally sec officers are told to be non lethal is because with the huge and varied array of non lethal options we kit them out with, theres no excuse for critting/killing someone purely in self defense)
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593298

oranges wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Noone pointed a gun at you to make you become admin, you volunteered for it. You need to show some semblance of a standard you like it or not.
K then, I guess as I said I'm just crazy and admins should follow no special etiquette at all when interacting with the community. Admin trainers are just a cover up to make us think admins are actually trained and follow some sort of guideline to more or less separate them from literallywhos. Instead they are hand picked loose cannons with no accountability nor behavioral responsability. Random players with some power and privileges, no more no less.

You have opened my eyes fruit, thank you.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #593301

Agux909 wrote:K then, I guess as I said I'm just crazy and admins should follow no special etiquette at all when interacting with the community. Admin trainers are just a cover up to make us think admins are actually trained and follow some sort of guideline to more or less separate them from literallywhos. Instead they are hand picked loose cannons with no accountability nor behavioral responsability. Random players with some power and privileges, no more no less.
Hi Agux do you like my community etiquette also do you like the admins I've trained
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593302

RaveRadbury wrote:
Agux909 wrote:K then, I guess as I said I'm just crazy and admins should follow no special etiquette at all when interacting with the community. Admin trainers are just a cover up to make us think admins are actually trained and follow some sort of guideline to more or less separate them from literallywhos. Instead they are hand picked loose cannons with no accountability nor behavioral responsability. Random players with some power and privileges, no more no less.
Hi Agux do you like my community etiquette also do you like the admins I've trained
If I still believed it was the truth I would probably say yes to both, hypothetically speaking.

But I can't resist the oh almighty wisdom of oranges' words. It was all a lie and I have no response for you at this time. What a shame.

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #593306

Agux909 wrote:If I still believed it was the truth I would probably say yes to both, hypothetically speaking.

But I can't resist the oh almighty wisdom of oranges' words. It was all a lie and I have no response for you at this time. What a shame.
oh no :cry:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #593308

Agux909 wrote:
oranges wrote:
K then, I guess as I said I'm just crazy and admins should follow no special etiquette at all when interacting with the community. Admin trainers are just a cover up to make us think admins are actually trained and follow some sort of guideline to more or less separate them from literallywhos. Instead they are hand picked loose cannons with no accountability nor behavioral responsability. Random players with some power and privileges, no more no less.

You have opened my eyes fruit, thank you.
there's a difference between not needlessly destroying the station every round with admin tools and not being polite to the feral pack of mongrels who usually peanut on ban appeals (myself included), I'd ask you to stop drawing a line between them because we're going to RUN OUT OF FUCKING INK before you finish
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593312

No oranges, you can't go back on your words now, you picked a part of my post and basically called me delusional. You've been way more time than me in the community so I guess you know better right?

I was mostly speaking from common sense, since im a literallywho, and I don't even spend that much time around. But if you're telling me getting at the same or lower level from a player that took time to make an appeal (a bit shoddy but not unintelligible nor being disrespectful to anyone) and stating that their appeal is gonna be reviewed with low effort from the get go as admin instead of sitting, taking a breath and being able to form a solid reasoning for the ban ruling using the tools at their disposal, because they obviously are adamantly set on their ruling being correct, then I'm gonna have to take it to heart.

My common sense after all might just be flawed.

Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #593316

Another episode of Fatal proactively inserts himself into a situation midway through and gets the facts wrong
Not doing due diligence and glancing at the logs because you think a short appeal from an obviously ESL player is "low effort" (despite containing all the same facts that I presented WITH logs for you, sans the nitty gritty) is just pure banbot
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593317

Oranges man, I'd take your point about "mongrels" if someone in the appeal was actually acting in a way that they'd deserve it.

Guy made an appeal, couple of people commented log diving and various quality levels of precedence and Fatal just tells him "well this is low effort I dont give a shit" in the first fucking sentence. And ends it with "I made a decision fuck off".
oranges wrote:if you're going to step into a volunteer job you could attempt to do the bare miniumum
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #593333

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Oranges man, I'd take your point about "mongrels" if someone in the appeal was actually acting in a way that they'd deserve it.

Guy made an appeal, couple of people commented log diving and various quality levels of precedence and Fatal just tells him "well this is low effort I dont give a shit" in the first fucking sentence. And ends it with "I made a decision fuck off".
oranges wrote:if you're going to step into a volunteer job you could attempt to do the bare miniumum
there you go again drawing the line between doing the work required of an admin and being polite to a bunch of peanutposting ferals
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #593337

Agux909 wrote:No oranges, you can't go back on your words now, you picked a part of my post and basically called me delusional. You've been way more time than me in the community so I guess you know better right?

I was mostly speaking from common sense, since im a literallywho, and I don't even spend that much time around. But if you're telling me getting at the same or lower level from a player that took time to make an appeal (a bit shoddy but not unintelligible nor being disrespectful to anyone) and stating that their appeal is gonna be reviewed with low effort from the get go as admin instead of sitting, taking a breath and being able to form a solid reasoning for the ban ruling using the tools at their disposal, because they obviously are adamantly set on their ruling being correct, then I'm gonna have to take it to heart.

My common sense after all might just be flawed.
I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
keepforgettingpw
Byond Username: OmegaShoots

Raphael2033 peanut (katana griefer ahelps)

Post by keepforgettingpw » #593341

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28644

>The offending player here was a clown, not security, nor command
This doesn't really seem to be a relevant point, this wasn't on Manuel so this strict role adherense isn't a factor
>and wordlessly took the assistant away from security and command who had him restrained and under control
I thought the whole point was that he said the take the katana away and the person who was arresting him condoned it
And we have (very shitty, but it's there) precedent that an uninvolved third party CAN take action against you (for even LESSER crimes) if the security arresting you gives the OK.
I still personally think this ruling was blatantly against policy but as it stands it IS allowed https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 54&t=18326

>There was no need to intervene
see above
>if security or command had taken the guy and taken his arm off, that would be a different story here
see above
>but the issue here is that the clown dragged him away, cut his arm off, and THEN attempted to murder him when he fought back against it
see above

>do you honestly believe a player is justified in being murdered for breaking a single bridge door by someone not even involved?
this isn't an accurate description, he was killed after attempting to fight the clown who was dishing out his punishment
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593342

They weren't peanutposting lmao

He wasn't even polite to the guy who made the appeal.

Guy made a small appeal gets told "I dont give a shit you didn't put effort in"

Like cmon man
XivilaiAnaxes

Re: Raphael2033 peanut (katana griefer ahelps)

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #593344

Theres a peanut already
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #593345

wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
keepforgettingpw

Post by keepforgettingpw » #593346

sad, beat me while i was typing this out
keepforgettingpw

Post by keepforgettingpw » #593347

>The offending player here was a clown, not security, nor command
This doesn't really seem to be a relevant point, this wasn't on Manuel so this strict role adherense isn't a factor
>and wordlessly took the assistant away from security and command who had him restrained and under control
I thought the whole point was that he said the take the katana away and the person who was arresting him condoned it
And we have (very shitty, but it's there) precedent that an uninvolved third party CAN take action against you (for even LESSER crimes) if the security arresting you gives the OK.
I still personally think this ruling was blatantly against policy but as it stands it IS allowed https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 54&t=18326

>There was no need to intervene
see above
>if security or command had taken the guy and taken his arm off, that would be a different story here
see above
>but the issue here is that the clown dragged him away, cut his arm off, and THEN attempted to murder him when he fought back against it
see above

>do you honestly believe a player is justified in being murdered for breaking a single bridge door by someone not even involved?
this isn't an accurate description, he was killed after attempting to fight the clown who was dishing out his punishment
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #593348

that thread was made 12 hours ago lol

awful thread merge
Last edited by Malkraz on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #593350

This thread went off in a dumb direction.

I’m a little conflicted - malkraz’s argument definitely has merit, and in a vacuum would be the (in my eyes) “correct” way of judging the situation. However the combined factors of raph doing a terrible job of defending himself, his history, and my personal distaste (which I assume fatal shares) for garbage clowns which step out of their lane make me understand why he applied and defends the ban.

The personal distaste part plays an admittedly big role in my defense of the ban though, I can’t stand clowns who pull this shit. Though I admittedly can’t tell whether that’s healthy distaste (would benefit the server if allowed to influence administrating) or just harmful bias. I’ll probably have a different stance on it by tomorrow lol, so take this post with a grain of salt (if you haven’t already:)), just thinking out loud
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #593351

he’s a poor typist ;)
Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #593352

I'm more concerned with him refusing to even look at logs when he's demonstrably wrong about the facts. He can definitely still make an argument against the Clown but come the fuck on man it took me 10 minutes.
keepforgettingpw

Post by keepforgettingpw » #593353

Thread merge moment
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #593364

it ruined the argument about admin conduct
usnpeepoo
Byond Username: Usnpeepoo

Post by usnpeepoo » #593379

why are most clown players shitters? thats the real thing to consider here.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593382

oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #593436

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
I disagree with this take that sec telling you you can punish a greytider by taking his sword arm instantly makes you sec for the whole round. Its not like the clown captured the greyshit and brought him to a seccie to pretty please may i cut his arm off, the clown wanders up in the middle of the HOP and sec officer dunking on him for trying to break into the bridge
(The reason incidentally sec officers are told to be non lethal is because with the huge and varied array of non lethal options we kit them out with, theres no excuse for critting/killing someone purely in self defense)
From the logs the guy posted someone just said take his arm off after realizing it was cursed so he nabbed the body and they didn’t care. In general I’d agree with that sentiment that sec larpers aren’t sec for the whole round, but certainly right as they did the punishment and start getting retaliated against.

If you want to larp as sec then it should be on you to either get the gear necessitating nonlethality or at the very least make sure you don’t outright kill someone who you are civilian arresting, although I guess it would be hard to put cable cuffs on a guy who doesn’t have an arm. Go sec if you wanna assist security.

Now should he have been banned for this? Prob not, I just found the portion of the post that escalation absolved him of wrong a bit off.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #593459

maybe if people didnt remove cloning this wouldnt be an issue
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #593466

Super Aggro Crag wrote:maybe if people didnt remove cloning this wouldnt be an issue
lockable skirts
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #593476

God bless lockable schoolgirl outfits
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #593477

hmm that's weird I read crag's comment as clothing, not cloning
doom2hellonearth
Byond Username: DOOM2HellOnEarth

Post by doom2hellonearth » #593480

is the title of the thread a joy division refrence
The villain you love to hate
Timberpoes wrote:I want to get off MR SERPICOS WILD RIDE.
Armhulen wrote:This isn't how normal people act and I worry for you. I dunno how you're gonna shape up on the forums given even talking to you for more than a few messages just shows mentally ill levels of lacking awareness and not reading the room.
Qbmax32 wrote:you are a moron and i find it utterly hilarious you think you're any different
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #593555

Cobby wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
From the logs the guy posted someone just said take his arm off after realizing it was cursed so he nabbed the body and they didn’t care. In general I’d agree with that sentiment that sec larpers aren’t sec for the whole round, but certainly right as they did the punishment and start getting retaliated against.

If you want to larp as sec then it should be on you to either get the gear necessitating nonlethality or at the very least make sure you don’t outright kill someone who you are civilian arresting, although I guess it would be hard to put cable cuffs on a guy who doesn’t have an arm. Go sec if you wanna assist security.

Now should he have been banned for this? Prob not, I just found the portion of the post that escalation absolved him of wrong a bit off.
Seems kinda weird to not only condone but demand that anyone in anyway involved in punishing a baddie tool up with a bunch of stun equipment in case that guy tries to murder you because you arent allowed to murder him back.

s'not like this was medical torture or general "WE GOT AN ANTAG TIME TO GRIEF HIM TILL HE GHOSTS" nonsense after all, there's really no other way to handle someone with a nodrop 40-damage weapon other than putting an emagged beepsky set to DETAIN in his cell.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593558

If anything, what the clown did was commendable. Any witness to a shitter abusing the Katana curse like this should be justified to immediately grab a fireaxe and save everyone a headache right there. SLASH!

Damn if I had the curse I would run up to the first geared up greyshirt I saw and yell at them "CUT IT OUT CUT IT OUT NOW!!"

Having the clown perform surgery on you to remove it is hilarious and in no universe I can see any reason to retaliate unless you're an antag. You guys are just too biased against clowns.

:honk: :honkman:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #593643

doom2hellonearth wrote:is the title of the thread a joy division refrence
I've tried listening to this whiny band from the 80's I keep seeing an album cover of a couple of times but it sounds like shit. I wish I had a way in. This thread made me listen to this song though and actually like it although Ween is for people whose minds have been impaired by weed.
Fatal wrote:"first he was breaking into bridge in my point of view he was a baddie trying to steal shit so i try to remove his weapon of mass chaos"
jannies really out here banning people for this shaking my damn head
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #593684

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Seems kinda weird to not only condone but demand that anyone in anyway involved in punishing a baddie tool up with a bunch of stun equipment in case that guy tries to murder you because you arent allowed to murder him back.

s'not like this was medical torture or general "WE GOT AN ANTAG TIME TO GRIEF HIM TILL HE GHOSTS" nonsense after all, there's really no other way to handle someone with a nodrop 40-damage weapon other than putting an emagged beepsky set to DETAIN in his cell.
I'd accept critting in lieu of stuns too. Just not flat out killing when doing sec-related activities (regardless of what ur ID says) unless a security officer would kill for that too, where "sec-related activities" would include pulling him from sec because someone guy said in all caps in a crowd REMOVE THE ARM so you take that to mean you are now armcutioner.

The situation should be really simple, would an officer be ok to kill the person? If yes, ok done. If no, then sec larpers are wrong too and at worst should only crit (which he may have done, no one wants to answer and I dont wanna logdive over a peanut).
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #593697

Cobby wrote: The situation should be really simple, would an officer be ok to kill the person? If yes, ok done. If no, then sec larpers are wrong too and at worst should only crit (which he may have done, no one wants to answer and I dont wanna logdive over a peanut).
They critted and then Fatal gibbed the clown before they actually killed them. This was said in the appeal.

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #593698

cacogen wrote:
I've tried listening to this whiny band from the 80's I keep seeing an album cover of a couple of times but it sounds like shit. I wish I had a way in. This thread made me listen to this song though and actually like it although Ween is for people whose minds have been impaired by weed.
They're not for everyone, and I definitely didn't like them the first couple times I listened.

Try listening to unknown pleasures a few times and focus on the emptiness/sparseness of the music. That and the grinding, dark guitar really drew me in. Ian Curtis' voice always threw me off at first but I've come to appreciate its place in the music as a whole, although I can't say I've ever really singled it out and found it great or anything.

New Dawn Fades, She's Lost Control, Shadowplay, Wilderness, and I Remember Nothing are my favorite tracks off the album, and are all on the second half of it, so if your problem is sitting through the album just skip the earlier songs.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #593700

whats wrong with removing the katana from a tider
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #593704

Ween

what joy division song are you thinking of