Swatting Guy gets Rail Roaded

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Swatting Guy gets Rail Roaded

Post by srifenbyxp » #67966

Some 19yr neck beard got 5 years in federal prison, shall we discuss?

http://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/7/71/ ... g-incident

This neck beard got off light considering some of the things which was said during the call and a 15 year old who supposingly got served 25 years says a few other stories, dug up a small news paper article in my local newspaper saying that "The governor of Michigan has already signed legislation requiring a five-to-fifteen-year prison sentence and up to a $50,000 fine for swatting. There’s a move in the California Legislature to raise it from a misdemeanor to a felony." Been waiting to see how Flor-wee-der catches/sentences a swatter. Local police in my parts are very aggressive and during a "man hunt" which takes place ona monthly basis cops be bringing helicopters, blocking off neighbor hoods and their Dogs BIG ANGRY BLACK DOGS to be precise.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Swatting Guy gets Rail Roaded

Post by Timbrewolf » #67992

Good.

Needlessly calling the police on someone is a huge violation of their freedoms and privacy. It's a huge waste of departmental resources and incredibly stressful for everyone involved. There's a real chance of not only property destruction but physical harm and loss of life to the people that are having the cops show up on as a "prank". If people keep doing this it's only a matter of time until someone accidentally gets shot in the face when they see his massive LCD laden gaming rig and think it's some kind of Jihadi IED. NOT TODAY OSAMA.

Why are kids these days so retarded? Like, what happened to just prank calling people? Sending them a pizza? If you go this far to be a shithead there are consequences.

I don't think it's necessarily awesome to see young people get ripped out of their educations and thrown in prison but it's their own fucking fault so waddayagannado? Maybe enough examples get made and the little pukes stop doing it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #67996

I thought it said Squatting at first, as if the entirety of eastern europe was about to get jailed.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #68000

"Fucking finally" is what came to my mind when I read about this.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #68003

>his online handle was Famed God

im laughing

also i feel sorry for the police officer who had to dig through all the hentai on his computer
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #68011

its about damn time
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #68013

Ricotez wrote:>his online handle was Famed God

im laughing

also i feel sorry for the police officer who had to dig through all the hentai on his computer
I would laugh if it was lots of lolicon and so got more years for being a deviant
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #68019

Thank you Lord. This shit was getting old.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #68026

An0n3 wrote: If people keep doing this it's only a matter of time until someone accidentally gets shot
That's what the 15 yr got served serious time for, the supposed swatting victims dad got shot and in another incident a cop got killed because of it. But yerp, itll get you killed. In fact recently (less than a week) a US Chairforce vet got swatted in the middle of his runescape stream, first time i've seen a man cry like that.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #68056

Why would you stream yourself playing runescape?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #68062

Ricotez wrote:>his online handle was Famed God

im laughing

Not empty-quoting.

But seriously
>Famed God
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #68169

Malkevin wrote:Why would you stream yourself playing runescape?

The same reason why I Streamed a hentai game on twitch, because I can.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #68170

this is hilarious
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #68174

GOOD.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you