PeanutButter and Borg thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.

Moderator: testing123

Jonathan Gupta

Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

PeanutButter and Borg thread

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Wed May 05, 2021 3:34 am #599418

The internet is a joke so why not act like one?

Spoiler:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Good luck with getting into any other ss13 servers Gupta
This shit is going everywhere
Everyone will know your little scheme
And we will find everyone involved
Fucking POS

Jonathan Gupta wrote:sneezed twice a cute girl must be talking about me:mrgreen:

Agux909 wrote:I get psychological damage every time I read one of Gupta's posts.

Stickymayhem wrote:you know if you just add Jonathan Gupta to your blocked list on the forums you can save /tg/station

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I keep gupta unblocked because his posts are funnier than spam text

cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:you see my inner psyche in each of my posts I'll demonstrate a conversation I had with myself recently "ROCK ON!!!!! Loserx9 *laugh uncontrollably* LOSEEEEEEEER *do a rock sign* *do 20 pushups* TURN THAT SHIT UP!!!! *Invisible remote turns it up* *Chuckle till you go to sleep*" and I'm not happy either when I laugh this all happens within 5 seconds by the way 10 seconds for the pushups.

this sounds like hell
for me, it's wondering why mark Wahlberg is able to get away with what he's done

Farquaar wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:true

I need proof because you're Jonathan Gupta

Nabski wrote:Gupta is one of the three people I've ever bothered to block on the forums.

Fhaxaris wrote:Gupta

cacogen

Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: PeanutButter and Borg thread

Postby cacogen » Wed May 05, 2021 3:58 am #599422

i'm not reading that
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Wed May 05, 2021 4:08 am #599428

cacogen wrote:i'm not reading that

do it.

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

Jonathan Gupta wrote:sneezed twice a cute girl must be talking about me:mrgreen:

Agux909 wrote:I get psychological damage every time I read one of Gupta's posts.

Stickymayhem wrote:you know if you just add Jonathan Gupta to your blocked list on the forums you can save /tg/station

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I keep gupta unblocked because his posts are funnier than spam text

cacogen wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:you see my inner psyche in each of my posts I'll demonstrate a conversation I had with myself recently "ROCK ON!!!!! Loserx9 *laugh uncontrollably* LOSEEEEEEEER *do a rock sign* *do 20 pushups* TURN THAT SHIT UP!!!! *Invisible remote turns it up* *Chuckle till you go to sleep*" and I'm not happy either when I laugh this all happens within 5 seconds by the way 10 seconds for the pushups.

this sounds like hell
for me, it's wondering why mark Wahlberg is able to get away with what he's done

Farquaar wrote:

Nabski wrote:Gupta is one of the three people I've ever bothered to block on the forums.

technokek

Byond Username: Technokek

Postby technokek » Wed May 05, 2021 4:51 am #599434

As a Sillycone main agree with the person, calling out a traitor should not make you liable for their death. Especially if there is evidence that the traitor is open to commiting human harm.

If the borg did not aid in the murder, by bolting the traitor in or shocking doors in front of said traitor I dont see a reason why simply stating:" X is a traitor please arrest them or avoid them" should be bannable.

the borg even asked for the murdered not to be harmed and told people to not hurt him.

Crazy Man Gupta wrote:I give you an inch you take a damn worldwide trip around the sun.

technokek

Postby technokek » Wed May 05, 2021 4:53 am #599435

After reading more of the logs there is something that would be notable here.

straight up asking to be unborged is going against law 3.

Crazy Man Gupta wrote:I give you an inch you take a damn worldwide trip around the sun.

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 am #599437

technokek wrote:After reading more of the logs there is something that would be notable here. (IMAGE) LAW 3 BROKEN

Yes ai main, the ban was over extending a little but after law 3 broken this should at most just be a godamn note.
Last edited by Jonathan Gupta on Wed May 05, 2021 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

cacogen wrote:

this sounds like hell

Farquaar wrote:

technokek

Postby technokek » Wed May 05, 2021 5:59 am #599441

I agree that a ban for the reporting a traitor is completely dumb and that a note for the law 3 break is completely fine.

Imagine if reporting antagonist was banned. AI spots cult, revs or whatever but can't tell anyone because they might be harmed.

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 am #599442

technokek wrote:I agree that a ban for reporting a traitor is completely dumb and that a note for the law 3 break is completely fine.

Imagine if reporting antagonist was banned. AI spots cult, revs, or whatever but can't tell anyone because they might be harmed.

ahelp"Borg reported cult in xenobio."

Private message from OverExtender9000"Looking into it"

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

cacogen wrote:

this sounds like hell

Farquaar wrote:

Not-Dorsidarf
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Postby Not-Dorsidarf » Wed May 05, 2021 9:25 am #599457

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
technokek wrote:I agree that a ban for reporting a traitor is completely dumb and that a note for the law 3 break is completely fine.

Imagine if reporting antagonist was banned. AI spots cult, revs, or whatever but can't tell anyone because they might be harmed.

However, a cult always wants to murder ALL humans.

A traitor often wants to kill one specific human (and if it was you well you know who it was) so its not the same situation. Furthermore you can stop someone being a cultist but you cant stop someone being a traitor

technokek

Postby technokek » Wed May 05, 2021 11:24 am #599465

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

However, a cult always wants to murder ALL humans.

A traitor often wants to kill one specific human (and if it was you well you know who it was) so its not the same situation. Furthermore you can stop someone being a cultist but you cant stop someone being a traitor

A traitor can be locked in the permabring or pacified with chems, this practically makes them a nonantagonist.

Omega_DarkPotato

Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Postby Omega_DarkPotato » Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 pm #599473

Hey guys you know this is a note appeal and not a ban appeal right?
The dude didn't get banned over this (thank god lmao)

Either way, I'd honestly post in the actual ban appeal thread if I was a little more certain but I can swear I've heard staff before literally say "you can assume until proven otherwise that sec will respond non-lethally to a threat"
I play Nutella and Ewe Kant on sybil, please visit the bar when I'm around!
I'm not infallible. If you have a comment or praise about how I am adminned, please leave a comment here.
My avatar is a poorly downscaled version of Nutella, commissioned from Aspev, make sure to show him some love if you like it.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community

Vekter wrote:pissy shitties

Timberpoes
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Timberpoes

Postby Timberpoes » Wed May 05, 2021 2:22 pm #599477

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Hey guys you know this is a note appeal and not a ban appeal right?

Either way, I'd honestly post in the actual ban appeal thread if I was a little more certain but I can swear I've heard staff before literally say "you can assume until proven otherwise that sec will respond non-lethally to a threat"

That would be the approach I'd take and that I'd advise others to take.

Unless you have a very murderbonery sec team, they've harmed something your laws define as human during the shift, sec has used lethals in capturing somethng your laws define as human, etc -> Situations where sec have provably harmed humans this shift <- then there should always be an assumption that sec will not harm prisoners in their care and that dropping off humans is safe.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Admin: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship.

Screemonster

Byond Username: Scree

Postby Screemonster » Wed May 05, 2021 2:50 pm #599479

"This guy has commited a single act of harm and shows no intention of harming any others as his objectives are now complete" and "there is a rampaging mob of people actively murdering people in the halls and show no intent of stopping, and indeed are liable to harm everyone on the station if given the chance" are two entirely different situations and cannot be treated the same, and saying that you can't do anything about the latter becase you got told not to try and get the former killed is disingenuous

zxaber
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Zxaber

Postby zxaber » Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm #599486

Generally you should subvert the silicons if they're gonna know you're a harmful traitor.

Spoiler:
To be fair, I did just tell an emagged borg over binary to kill someone

Borging someone you killed is a nice gesture but don't expect every player to take it as such. The borg player ratting out a known harmful human should not have been noted, especially if they took effort to try and prevent harm to the traitor.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Wed May 05, 2021 8:07 pm #599497

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:Hey guys you know this is a note appeal and not a ban appeal right?

it got changed.

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

cacogen wrote:

this sounds like hell

Farquaar wrote:

Rohen_Tahir

Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Postby Rohen_Tahir » Wed May 05, 2021 10:52 pm #599507

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 am #599512

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

cacogen wrote:

this sounds like hell

Farquaar wrote:

Irad

Byond Username: IradT

Postby Irad » Thu May 06, 2021 2:25 am #599516

Obey law 2. if you report crime, the security of bagil and Terry will kill the antagonist -> do not cause harm.

simple as

Omega_DarkPotato

Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Postby Omega_DarkPotato » Thu May 06, 2021 2:44 am #599518

Irad wrote:Obey law 2. if you report crime, the security of bagil and Terry will kill the antagonist -> do not cause harm.

simple as

so I'm going to actually decide to follow the two staff who commented here rather than someone who can't even remember that "do not cause harm to humans through inaction or action" is actually law 1, but everyone else is free to do as they please
I play Nutella and Ewe Kant on sybil, please visit the bar when I'm around!
I'm not infallible. If you have a comment or praise about how I am adminned, please leave a comment here.
My avatar is a poorly downscaled version of Nutella, commissioned from Aspev, make sure to show him some love if you like it.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community

Vekter wrote:pissy shitties

oranges
Code Maintainer

Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Postby oranges » Thu May 06, 2021 4:24 am #599530

another player trying to be good getting fucked over by the valid hunt playerbase, they should know that you're only supposed to kill everyone, no gimmicks allowed

Kendrickorium

Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Postby Kendrickorium » Fri May 07, 2021 8:14 am #599609

its a shitty note.

all i see is an admin that saw a player playing in a way they didn't like

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 am #599610

Kendrickorium wrote:its a shitty note.

all I see is an admin that saw a player playing in a way they didn't like

Innit? This admeme seems like an over extender. Reminds me of fulp mods.

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

cacogen wrote:

this sounds like hell

Farquaar wrote:

Screemonster

Postby Screemonster » Fri May 07, 2021 9:09 am #599615

technokek wrote:If the borg did not aid in the murder, by bolting the traitor in or shocking doors in front of said traitor I dont see a reason why simply stating:" X is a traitor please arrest them or avoid them" should be bannable.

Does going to find some non-security validhunters armed with spears and literally giving them a ride to the room count as aiding?

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 am #599618

Screemonster wrote:
technokek wrote:If the borg did not aid in the murder, by bolting the traitor in or shocking doors in front of said traitor I dont see a reason why simply stating:" X is a traitor please arrest them or avoid them" should be bannable.

Does going to find some non-security validhunters armed with spears and literally giving them a ride to the room count as aiding?

got the logs for it?

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

cacogen wrote:

this sounds like hell

Farquaar wrote:

Screemonster

Postby Screemonster » Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am #599619

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Screemonster wrote:

got the logs for it?

look in the thread you're peanutting

technokek

Postby technokek » Fri May 07, 2021 9:21 am #599620

Screemonster wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Screemonster wrote:

got the logs for it?

look in the thread you're peanutting

since it was low pop i am pretty sure there werent even any sec online.

zxaber
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Zxaber

Postby zxaber » Fri May 07, 2021 9:22 pm #599656

With the reply from Mindstormy, I flip my position. The borg's actions paint a picture of trying to get revenge for being borged and to attempt being returned to humanoid form.

The note should be updated, though, as it currently implies the borg did nothing but yell out over common.

Warning the crew to stay away from a known killer is one thing. Directly enlisting the help of assistants with spears to fight the valid and then feign concern when they kill the valid using those spears is quite another.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"

BONERMASTER

Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Postby BONERMASTER » Fri May 07, 2021 11:58 pm #599663

Sweaty move for sure, but if the guy doesn't subvert you after putting you into a shell, you're forced by law 1 to act against him. Of course he broke that law himself when he jumped him with the assistants, but the traitor made a big mistake by letting the borg run on asimov, especially a butthurt malding one that wants to settle the score with em. Flash and emag exist for a reason.
Twottle_Birb responding to jannies in his ban appeal, wrote:at least im not a faggot lol Image

Spoiler:
Remember the Takov.

Jonathan Gupta

Postby Jonathan Gupta » Sat May 08, 2021 12:00 am #599664

BONERMASTER wrote:Sweaty move for sure, but if the guy doesn't subvert you after putting you into a shell, you're forced by law 1 to act against him. Of course he broke that law himself when he jumped him with the assistants, but the traitor made a big mistake by letting the borg run on asimov, especially a butthurt malding one that wants to settle the score with em. Flash and emag exist for a reason.

agreed, would love to see what this guy bought though.

Spoiler:
Fucking POS

cacogen wrote:

this sounds like hell

Farquaar wrote:

Return to Off Topic