Banned for reading open source code?

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Banned for reading open source code?

Post by technokek » #604813

Bottom post of the previous page:

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Banned for reading open source code?

Post by Armhulen » #604999

MooCow12 wrote:
cSeal wrote:Exploiting bugs is not a fun combination taking advantage of the sandbox nature of the game, its exploiting fucking bugs.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: who gets his fun out of deliberately ruining peoples rounds by combing Shithub for exploits
The only time he "abused exploits" to "deliberately ruin people`s rounds" were his murderbone gimmicks, Antags are allowed to "ruin people`s rounds" on lrp so...

Demon heart + recall spell was intended behavior. aka fun combination taking advantage of the sandbox nature of the game and if this is actually a contribution to why he was banned I should be perma`d aswell right now.

Wiz mindswap + suicide was in fact an exploit but how is it advantageous to regular wizard gimmicks? What sort of "edge" did it give him over just using other wizard powers or just summoning an apprentice to kill and dust whoever he mindswaps with?

The chef cqc exploit from what the note says, did not involve him ruining anyone`s round? He did it as a harmless prank and even opted to not use it against an antag that came for him during that round?
the final cope
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #605000

Armhulen wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:
cSeal wrote:Exploiting bugs is not a fun combination taking advantage of the sandbox nature of the game, its exploiting fucking bugs.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: who gets his fun out of deliberately ruining peoples rounds by combing Shithub for exploits
The only time he "abused exploits" to "deliberately ruin people`s rounds" were his murderbone gimmicks, Antags are allowed to "ruin people`s rounds" on lrp so...

Demon heart + recall spell was intended behavior. aka fun combination taking advantage of the sandbox nature of the game and if this is actually a contribution to why he was banned I should be perma`d aswell right now.

Wiz mindswap + suicide was in fact an exploit but how is it advantageous to regular wizard gimmicks? What sort of "edge" did it give him over just using other wizard powers or just summoning an apprentice to kill and dust whoever he mindswaps with?

The chef cqc exploit from what the note says, did not involve him ruining anyone`s round? He did it as a harmless prank and even opted to not use it against an antag that came for him during that round?
the final cope
Is the post actually wrong, though? Or is calling it cope a cheap way to avoid addressing it?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #605001

Pandarsenic wrote:Is the post actually wrong, though? Or is calling it cope a cheap way to avoid addressing it?
'addressing it' :roll: this is a peanut thread you peanut head
technokek

Post by technokek » #605002

IkeTG wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:Is the post actually wrong, though? Or is calling it cope a cheap way to avoid addressing it?
'addressing it' :roll: this is a peanut thread you peanut head

yes and? where else would we ask for this to be addressed?
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #605003

the biggest crime that’s happened here is that he wasn’t permabanned back when he held the server hostage with lag
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #605004

technokek wrote:yes and? where else would we ask for this to be addressed?
do i look like the free answers machine?
technokek

Post by technokek » #605005

IkeTG wrote:
technokek wrote:yes and? where else would we ask for this to be addressed?
do i look like the free answers machine?
yes
IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #605006

get some glasses punk im the bad posts machine
technokek

Post by technokek » #605007

IkeTG wrote:get some glasses punk im the bad posts machine
Can you say that again I couldn't hear you.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #605009

Pandarsenic wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:

the final cope
Is the post actually wrong, though? Or is calling it cope a cheap way to avoid addressing it?
I would incline myself to think it's the latter.
My guess for this behavior is that some bad actors, by pointing and laughing at arguments in multiple ways (such as responding "cope"), attempt to artificially reduce their seriousness and relevance to their advantage. This usually happens when said bad actors are unable to come up with a rebuttal as to seem "cool", or "based", as one would say these days, and to give the illusion they have actually made an actual counterargument. This ends up all being an illusion however, which others might also entertain and add to for mutual convenience.

My advise is to simply ignore such posts and negative actors as a whole and continue adding constructive arguments to the discussion, from either side.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #605010

MooCow12 wrote: I should be perma`d aswell right now.
yes
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #605012

Agux909 wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:

the final cope
My guess for this behavior is that some bad actors, by pointing and laughing at arguments in multiple ways (such as responding "cope"), attempt to artificially reduce their seriousness and relevance to their advantage. This usually happens when said bad actors are unable to come up with a rebuttal as to seem "cool", or "based", as one would say these days, and to give the illusion they have actually made an actual counterargument. This ends up all being an illusion however, which others might also entertain and add to for mutual convenience.

My advise is to simply ignore such posts and negative actors as a whole and continue adding constructive arguments to the discussion, from either side.
I think you're thinking too deeply about this tbh my boy arm just wanted to respond to the funny word wall with cope because he thinks its funny
► Show Spoiler
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Post by Critawakets » #605013

i actually should be permaed right now because i've code-dived to find out OP things and used them (though not for validhunting because i have more IQ than a melon seed)

i even told a maintainer admin about em lol, they were okay with it because im the only one that uses these things and if others used them for de balidehunt they'd just delete the entire feature, but now apparantly according to this ban, doing such a thing is bannable

i just love precedent being formed by shit bans
am gud enineering
scrungo
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #605014

cSeal wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:

the final cope

I think you're thinking too deeply about this tbh my boy arm just wanted to respond to the funny word wall with cope because he thinks its funny
the ACTUAL final cope
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605015

iamgoofball wrote:
cSeal wrote: Exploiting bugs is not a fun combination taking advantage of the sandbox nature of the game, its exploiting fucking bugs.
Can you please clarify what exploit ATH abused to deserve this perma?
Any and all of them in combination, since he was warned each time to knock it the fuck off, but particularly the whole holding the server hostage bit- that should've been a perma right then and there tbh.
iamgoofball wrote:
cSeal wrote:TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Unprofessional behavior from a representative of the server. What is wrong with you?
I am very sorry for not maintaining professional composure goofball
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605016

Armhulen wrote:
cSeal wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Pandarsenic wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:

the final cope

the ACTUAL final cope

FUCK YOU ARM FUCK YOU ARM FUCK YOU ARM I HATE Y)OU SO MUCJ OHM Y GOD
► Show Spoiler
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605017

Epic triple post moment
MooCow12 wrote:
Antags are allowed to "ruin people`s rounds" on lrp so...
Theyre not allowed to abuse bugs though
Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals.
Also suck my dick exploiting a bug to make people utterly unrevivable isn't a gimmick you fucking moron's
► Show Spoiler
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #605019

ok but it was funny

MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605021

cSeal wrote:exploiting a bug to make people utterly unrevivable isn't a gimmick you fucking moron's
You..do realize (like I have already pointed out) that wizards can very easily just click on a dead person with a soul stone to make them unreviveable.

And that what Athath was doing required alot more effort to pull off, but was at least unique.

Also one teeny tiny little factor.

The rule says no bug/exploit abuse

definition of abuse -Use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose

Although this leaves it up to interpretation as to what constitutes a bad effect or purpose. A lot of people (including me) dont see what athath did is as inherently bad and there is very clearly room for debate.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #605022

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #605023

IkeTG wrote:get some glasses punk im the bad posts machine
can i outsource writing my bad posts to you? itll save a lot of time
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
cSeal

Post by cSeal » #605024

MooCow12 wrote:
cSeal wrote:exploiting a bug to make people utterly unrevivable isn't a gimmick you fucking moron's
You..do realize (like I have already pointed out) that wizards can very easily just click on a dead person with a soul stone to make them unreviveable.
that. at the very least, keeps them in the round and able to play as a construct or shade, and there's something about dying to something that's working as intended vs dying to some shitty bug someone's exploiting that feels more... right to me i guess. at the end of the day, this is a multiplayer roleplaying game, and part of that is taking at least a small bit of consideration for other people- we're all here to have fun and all that. Using bugs to kill people just... feels kind of like its going against the spirit of the game. I don't think its unreasonable for admins to want people to cut it out
MooCow12 wrote:The rule says no bug/exploit abuse

definition of abuse -Use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose

Although this leaves it up to interpretation as to what constitutes a bad effect or purpose. A lot of people (including me) dont see what athath did is as inherently bad and there is very clearly room for debate.
Honestly i can kind of understand this point of view even if i dont agree. To me though, it does seem like a pretty text book case of abuse.
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605025

cSeal wrote:Also suck my dick exploiting a bug to make people utterly unrevivable isn't a gimmick you fucking moron's
If I got round-removed cause my murderer figured out some unique bug from code-diving, I wouldn't be mad. They deserve it for the work. Also if you're antag you definitely don't care about the ethics of abusing bugs. Being a coder shouldn't prevent you from playing optimally if you have knowledge other people don't.

At most you could make an argument they should have reported the bugs instead of using them, but unless there's some secret coder ruleset I don't see what's forcing them to.
Spoiler:
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #605026

sinfulbliss wrote:Also if you're antag you definitely don't care about the ethics of abusing bugs.

All of a sudden bugs are now called "anomalies" in ic and using them is outlawed by nanotrasen.

Ya I dont think that is currently the case but it sounds funny.

Or did you mean antags not caring about abusing bugs as in Athath was an antag in real life?
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605027

MooCow12 wrote:Or did you mean antags not caring about abusing bugs as in Athath was an antag in real life?
I was actually gonna add that the antag wouldn't even know a bug is a "bug" because they're a character and not a human, but that sounded like a weird argument. For the same reason you could say you're roleplaying a murderer as nonantag, can't hear bwoinks because it's OOC, etc...

I would say bugs are just part of the game until they're fixed. It seems weird to outlaw them for particular players, although I can see why coders would be pissed at him for using them, the escalation to a permaban is bizarre.
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #605029

This is making me think some interesting things imma make another thread
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #605030

oh no...
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #605031

I can concretely assure you that ATHATH is not an asset to our codebase and is in fact just annoying, if he actually fixed all the bugs he exploits instead of abusing them on master until someone else finds the time to fix them he would be useful and an asset.

All he is to us is an asshole because he obviously has the talent to do it but rarely bothers.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #605032

I really don't know ATHATH or much about them, but I think this ban is beyond ridiculous in its application. There should have been no ban at all, let alone a perma one.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #605033

sinfulbliss wrote:Also if you're antag you definitely don't care about the ethics of abusing bugs.
Rules wrote:4. Lone antagonists can do whatever they want.
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals ...
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #605036

Subject character limit cut me off and i lost the inspiration BUT I THINK THERES AN INTERESTING DEBATE TO BE HAD ABOUT THE MECHANICAL AND SOCIETAL ASPECTS OF THE GAME AND THE IDEAL BALANCE BETWEEN THE TWO (IF ONE EXISTS) AND WHETHER THERE CAN EXIST A HEALTHY PLAYSTYLE THAT FEATURES A MASSIVE FOCUS ON AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE MECHANICAL
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605037

dragomagol wrote:
Short of metagaming/comms, bug/exploit abuse, erotic/creepy stuff, OOC in IC or IC in OOC, and spawn-camping arrivals ...
Being wrong never stopped me before. In fact now that you've proven me wrong I'll point out that this rule technically prevents an antag from using comms. "Short of metagaming/comms" leaves vague whether antags are, in fact, allowed to use "comms" or not.

G-gottem..
Spoiler:
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #605038

sinfulbliss wrote:
dragomagol wrote:
Being wrong never stopped me before. In fact now that you've proven me wrong I'll point out that this rule technically prevents an antag from using comms. "Short of metagaming/comms" leaves vague whether antags are, in fact, allowed to use "comms" or not.

G-gottem..
I've been got.... :(
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #605039

How Much Does Shutting the Goddamn Hell Up Cost?

Summary: Gravel Delivery Prices
Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Below are some crushed stone/gravel delivery prices by locations:

*Source: Homeadvisor.com users

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

About Crushed Rock Delivery
There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.
  • Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  • Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.

If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to tdetermine the square footage of the area you need to cover and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

Video: 20 Tons of Stone Delivered

For your reference, this is what 20 tons of stone looks like:

[youtube]9Wmk5zmhiqs[/youtube]

Pea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

Cost of Crushed Rock Delivery
The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.
  • Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  • Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.
Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

Source: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... costs.html
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #605041

ITT: "I don't know who this is or their history but I don't get why they were banned????"

ath is so utterly unpleasant to deal with he severely soured my view on the actual game, is the biggest reason I stopped making gameplay changes, and soured my entire outlook on open source game development.

It's like if you showed up to play Yu-Gi-Oh with someone and then they threw sand in your face and threw your deck across the room and then argued that technically the rules don't say you can't do that.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605046

actioninja wrote:It's like if you showed up to play Yu-Gi-Oh with someone and then they threw sand in your face and threw your deck across the room and then argued that technically the rules don't say you can't do that.
I would argue it's more like they played a trap card that said "Once per turn, during your Standy Phase: Roll a six-sided die. If the result is below 3, discard your deck. If the result is above 3, throw sand in your opponent's face and discard their deck. If the result is 3, discard both decks and never play Yugioh again" and they rolled a 3.

Also if they were truly that hard to work with I feel for you man, we peanut posters don't know the extent of their interactions with coderbus though so we're just going off of the ban itself and what they did.
Spoiler:
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #605049

oranges wrote:I can concretely assure you that ATHATH is not an asset to our codebase and is in fact just annoying, if he actually fixed all the bugs he exploits instead of abusing them on master until someone else finds the time to fix them he would be useful and an asset.

All he is to us is an asshole because he obviously has the talent to do it but rarely bothers.
the moral of the story: be an asset to c*ders or be banned?

why is this ban even a discussion

you have a guy who is breaking zero (0) rules and he just eats a permaban on a shitty fucking EVENT because jannies mad
rule 1 was always intentionally ominous so admins could ban anyone they don’t like, I’ve always said that and its completely shocking that this ended up being true in nearly every situation when it was used, including this one. Is ATH a penis? It’s up to debate, but I would argue he is not.

ath may be a complete bitch, but so are shitcoders who don’t test their garbage PRs and who we should blame for the situation happening in the first place. maybe start permabanning them from repo if they can’t handle breaking shit every nanosecond. they would certainly deserve one more than ath ever would
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #605052

I am behind every permaban obviously
the coder illuminati strikes at will
AIIA
TGMC Lead
Byond Username: AIIA

Post by AIIA » #605053

I learned how to ride a bicycle today.
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #605060

this has been posted on digg, prepare to be judged by big chungus planet 69 residents
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #605061

It's gotten out of hand. Too many people are incapable of making reasonable complaints about admin events and it's bordering on shitting up the entire process and complaint forum by bogging it down with pointless complaints that inevitably cannot lead to anything.

Admin events are not something you file an official complaint about. They weren't before, and I'm not sure how it started, but they shouldn't be now either. From now on they are getting trashed. I'm not saying bad events aren't a thing, but they are never really going to result in problems.

I'm sure this is going to upset plenty of people but you have the official event workshop thread here which would value your criticism and ideas, admin feedback for actual problems and singulo for bitching.

The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round. Normally people get pissed at RNG for killing them but if an admin touches a button suddenly there is a solid tangible person to be fucking furious at. A round is a couple hours long at most. If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out.

It's just really depressing when the admin complaint forum is nothing but bitching about events and all of the valid complaints float around on singulo forever unresolved because people are either paranoid that they will get black bagged by the admin conspiracy and stuffed in the back of the van or just prefer a place where their facts don't need verification.

Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for. Admins are encouraged to push buttons. The game gets stale as fuck without them. There's a reason Bagil is desperate for admins all the time.

TL;DR: If you have a problem with an event, it no longer goes here. Use Event Workshop for critique and ideas, use admin feedback to talk about a specific admin's events, and use singulo to bitch. Remember you can also talk to any admin by adminhelping, finding an admin you trust and PMing them or in #supportbus.

Feel free to ask questions but this thread is obviously going to be heavily moderated.
Spoiler:
sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #605063

cSeal wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:
cSeal wrote:
MooCow12 wrote:Athath tends to be at odds with the manuelmin/codermin elite
Opinion immediately discarded
Point proven.
and what was your point exactly? something something coders and manuelmins ruining muh lrp by banning people who do shit like threaten to fucking crash the server? you are deranged
Perhaps I wasn't exactly clear with my description of note 3. I wasn't threatening to crash the server, I was threatening to "stop time" for a handful of seconds, and if I had believed that there was a chance that I could accidentally crash the server with that bug, I'd have stayed far away from it. Whether or not I was right in that assumption, I can't say. The nature of the bug I was using would (to my understanding at the time) basically bring gameplay to a standstill for approximately 5 seconds as the library's entire book catalogue was loaded, then bring the level of lag back to normal immediately after that.

I would also like to reiterate that I've already served my time for that ban, which was dug up from 2019.
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #605065

if you dont want people exploiting your code then you should code better
technokek

Post by technokek » #605066

actioninja wrote:ITT: "I don't know who this is or their history but I don't get why they were banned????"

ath is so utterly unpleasant to deal with he severely soured my view on the actual game, is the biggest reason I stopped making gameplay changes, and soured my entire outlook on open source game development.

It's like if you showed up to play Yu-Gi-Oh with someone and then they threw sand in your face and threw your deck across the room and then argued that technically the rules don't say you can't do that.

Well Yu-Gi-Oh is about winning and he clearly won doing that, how is he to be blamed for wanting to win?
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #605067

avoid talking to anyone, run around wordlessly collecting the most powerful items in the game so if anyone tries to kill you you can easily kill them.

realise you're doing this over and over again for no real gain or benefit.

Become burn out, cynical and bitter, stop playing, start forum posting.

Disappear for three years. Return, find a new server that is RP, go on it, realise you can't actually roleplay, spend the rest of your life observing while learning to code so you can contribute in some meaningful way to remain part of the community.

Die
technokek

Post by technokek » #605068

Fishimun wrote:this has been posted on digg, prepare to be judged by big chungus planet 69 residents
I made that thread :honk:
and singulo for bitching
I am sorry to tell you but singulo is gone
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #605069

Fikou wrote:avoid talking to anyone, run around wordlessly collecting the most powerful items in the game so if anyone tries to kill you you can easily kill them.

realise you're doing this over and over again for no real gain or benefit.

Become burn out, cynical and bitter, stop playing, start forum posting.

Disappear for three years. Return, find a new server that is RP, go on it, realise you can't actually roleplay, spend the rest of your life observing while learning to code so you can contribute in some meaningful way to remain part of the community.

Die
Instructions unclear, dick caught in ceiling fan.
Stuck at "die" phase.
Spoiler:
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605070

This ban is just sad and a bit silly, not much else to say about it.

If you don't want code to be read don't make it open source.
retired ss13 coderman
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #605071

actioninja wrote:ITT: "I don't know who this is or their history but I don't get why they were banned????"

To be perfectly honest with you, you pretty much soured your own outlook by getting angry at everyone who disagreed with your terrible changes.
retired ss13 coderman
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605072

someone came to my front door and said "GUPTA PLEASE SHArE YOUR OPINION OR IM GOING TO KILL YOU THEN MYsELF" with a doobie in his mouth and a Californian ticket in the other, with a nametag scribbled Mr. St~ messy handwriting couldn't read it. So I will, man is cool very based for sharing these things then bug reporting and keeping good ones for himself(It's like finding exploits in the stock market reporting some of them, and keeping the good ones for yourself(also applies to the law)ya know?). good man 10/10 please unban will buy handsim for ALL of tg who wants it.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #605073

Whoneedspacee wrote:

To be perfectly honest with you, you pretty much soured your own outlook by getting angry at everyone who disagreed with your terrible changes.
love ya space but this take sucks
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?