Ambitions General

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Ambitions General

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82384

So I assume that not all of you are as generally wayward as I am, floundering through life without a sense of direction or hope or dreams.

SO

What do strive for? What would you like out of life? What's your dream job/house/whatever?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Ambitions General

Post by Remie Richards » #82385

To live another year or two.
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82386

How the shit do you manage to be even more depressing than I am
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #82387

To find a way to live comfortably with minimal work and a body that is still valid, without excessively taking advantage of someone else.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #82390

Primarily, stability and security. So basically a home, a secure job, no debts. I have 2/3 of those right now, and I'm actively looking to buy a home now.

I like to think I live a simple life. I don't really have many material wants and I don't care for status symbols/jewellery/vehicles at all. I'm happy with what I have and I don't really need anything else.

Long-term, I think starting a family would be something I'd like to do. I just need to figure out where to find a girl.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #82391

I just want a job and get rid of all this shitty shitty student loan debt.

I also want to make video games as more than a hobby, but this place is as close to that dream as I'm getting.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #82397

Turn my grades around and get my A&P licence. That's it. Once that's done, my future is practically assured.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #82423

Become shogun and lead Japan to a bright future, failing that I'd at least like to have a bunch of video games based on said ambition.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #82426

Enjoy my time on this earth.

So far so good. It'd be great to be well known or at least respected for something but that's asking a lot.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #82428

Remie Richards wrote:To live another year or two.
EndgamerAzari wrote:How the shit do you manage to be even more depressing than I am
Strive to see a therapist

I want to become a writer.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82435

Maccus wrote:
Strive to see a therapist

I want to become a writer.
I'm actually seeing one on Friday!

And I used to want to be a writer, but I had no faith in myself. I would still write for fun, but every time I open my current chapter I think "I should be working on job applications."

BUT!

Speaking of, I just applied to a position at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Their library is gorgeous and I'm actually feeling hopeful.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #82447

Earn a million dollars a year
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #82452

EndgamerAzari wrote: I'm actually seeing one on Friday!
Hope it goes well, man! Good on you for seeking help!
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #82453

Good luck! Remember it takes a long long time to learn to be able to help yourself, just keep at it and eventually it'll come.

A few of mine are:

To see my story become a comic.
To get a dog.
To grow my own veg.
To build a house.

I actually feel like i've accomplished a lot of my previous ambitions. Yay for progress.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #82454

I want to get over my fundamental fear of failure, but that's gonna take a bit.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82494

Maccus wrote:
Hope it goes well, man! Good on you for seeking help!
Thanks! This is hardly the first time I've been to a professional about this sort of thing, but I think this is the worst I've been psychologically since I was a kid. Don't get me wrong, I can still function just fine (in fact, physically, I'm probably accomplishing more than I ever have in my life); I'm just miserable, have no faith in myself, and panic over everything.
DemonFiren wrote:I want to get over my fundamental fear of failure, but that's gonna take a bit.
Amen to that.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #82511

I wish to get my MSc in Cyber Security, and hopefully become a Ph.D. candidate.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82513

Oh, I actually thought of one: I would love to go back to school and become a software developer or an architect--something that creates and designs. Alas, financial constraints, my steadily decreasing intelligence and ability to learn, and just my age in general probably remove that from the realm of potential.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #82515

Get the fuck out of this country
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82520

Scones wrote:Get the fuck out of this country
For a second there I thought you were saying that in response to my post and though "what the hell did I do?"
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #82834

blaze it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(alternative play video games for a living)
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #82839

420weedscopes wrote:(alternative play video games for a living)
it's pretty cool that we live in an era where this is actually possible
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82883

I'd like to one day finish and publish the card game I've been working on for a few months now.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #82887

i want to publish a book and die
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #83189

I want my sore throat to go away.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #83206

nsos wrote:i want to publish a book and die
i will at least accomplish 1/2 of this in my life working hard on the other rn
InThePooPoo
Byond Username: InThePooPoo

Post by InThePooPoo » #83210

you shouldn't work so hard to kill yourself bro

on that note, i have so many ambitions that it's hard to focus on just one
i lov myself
world is volcano an big bun dickit signs
i lov myself
but it can do my in the but an i dont mine
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #83279

InThePooPoo wrote:i have so many ambitions that it's hard to focus on just one
been there too, repeatedly changing your interests is a great way to completely destroy your motivation and never achieve anything worthwhile

my recommendation is to take your ambitions on one at a time, divide them in smaller subambitions you have an easier time to achieve. try to stay focused on one particular path.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #83833

No matter what you aspire to, you will never be as free as this man:

[youtube]bTwkM7gpx5E[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #83847

Fuck, I've hit one of those ruts where I can't even fantasize about life being better. I used to browse housing listings and say "Oh wow, I would totally like to live there" even if it wasn't feasible. Now I just look and sigh, realizing that, despite how crappy my apartment is, it's the cheapest I'm gonna get for its size and none of the other places even make me feel happy to imagine living in. I've completely lost my ability to hope.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #83950

Begin and then finish my masterpiece.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
legality
Byond Username: Legality

Post by legality » #84395

I'm going to get my degree in soil science and then pursue one of three paths:

A.) work with the national park service as a naturalist/interpreter
B.) work with the USDA
C.) go overseas to north africa or rural china and join in soil restoration efforts

followed by traveling the world for awhile before

settling down somewhere that's not the United States and having a homestead with my partner. living off the grid, growing our own food, etc.

possibly inviting some friends and starting a homesteading community.

having kids is a maybe? if we can work it out

I'm already working for the state parks as an interpreter while going to school so my plan is going well.

just keep believing it'll get better azari you'll make it. alternatively move somewhere where real estate is cheaper
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #84514

legality wrote:alternatively move somewhere where real estate is cheaper
I don't think it gets much cheaper than where I am now, unless I wanted to move WAY out into the sticks, which I think would basically exacerbate the situation. Plus almost all the housing prices have been driven up due to the fracking going on around here--the companies need to house like thirty people at once and so the landlords are really jacking up the rates. Oh, and due to incredibly lax regulations on waste runoff management from those projects, my tap water will probably be flammable in a couple months.

I really want to get out of here, but applying for jobs I know I won't get is such an emotional drain. I'm starting to think that I maybe need to force myself to be satisfied with what I have right now, because it sure as hell won't get any better, but it could be a whole hell of a lot worse.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #84855

Ambition is kind of a double-edged blade.

On one hand, if you have the feeling you never get ahead, that no matter how hard you try you just stay where you are, it can be extremely self-destructive for your self-esteem and you might never find happiness.

On the other hand, if you settle for the status quo and abandon your ambition, you will be in that status quo for probably the rest of your life. You can find happiness in that, but not everyone will.

Ask yourself: would I be happy if this is the first day of the rest of my life?
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #84889

Thing is, I don't really have any ambitions. I never thought about what I wanted while I was growing up because it didn't matter. Now I'm trying to piece together these half-formed ideas in my head to try to figure out what I'd actually enjoy doing. If I manage to figure that out, then I'll see if it's a viable way to make a living.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #84989

>hometown is going to shit
>figures are starting to become comparable to a smaller Detroit
>state governor says we need to "Fend for ourselves" better
>wants to build a bunch of Casinos in the area and shunt the revenue to NYC

I would fucking stab you you piece of shit

If I had a chance and nobody would know it was me I would slit your fucking throat you motherfucker

Fuck you Cuomo
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #85010

All our respective municipalities suck.

If there was a brand new city being built right now--like, from the ground up, not just growing out of a small town into something larger--I'd want to live there. History is important, but shit, I don't want to live around it. I need someplace that feels alive. The house I live in now is like 150 years old. That is as close as I'm going to get to LITERALLY LIVING IN THE PAST.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #85020

An0n3 wrote:>wants to build a bunch of Casinos in the area and shunt the revenue to NYC
does he think he's playing simcity or something
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #85038

I think I speak for us all when I say: My ambition is to get to a place in life where I no longer want to play spessmen.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85049

bandit wrote:I think I speak for us all when I say: My ambition is to get to a place in life where I no longer want to play spessmen.
It feels good man.

People scream and yell and call you a "normie" like having a life and a significant other is somehow a bad thing, or means I don't know what videogames are? The further and further you get from it the more and more ridiculous it is. I think about all the times my friends were asking me to come hang out and do shit and I had to stay here to administrate and argue about dumb bullshit in a game that doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

I like a lot of you guys and it's stupid that this inarguably bad game makes people upset with eachother.

I stick around to play other, better games and shoot the shit with people but man.

I've had more fun playing Reign of Kings and GMod and GTAV and KF2 and many other games with people I met here than I have had actually playing spessmens in a long time. It's a shame people get so fixated on this crap and take this one game so seriously.
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”
...and prettymuch everyone has fucked that up at least once at some point or another. Myself included.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Fri May 01, 2015 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #85050

An0n3 wrote:It's a shame people get so fixated on this crap and take this one game so seriously.
Fuck, I didn't have a suitable reaction image prepared for this.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85195

Try this one
1357611733665.gif
1357611733665.gif (114.38 KiB) Viewed 11858 times
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #85197

An0n3 wrote: It's a shame people get so fixated on this crap and take this one game so seriously.
One of the unexpected benefits of ADHD (or whatever I have that makes me unable to concentrate, the jury's out on that) is that it makes it all but impossible to obsess over things. It keeps me from taking stuff too seriously--hell, I hardly play SS13 any more, I just hang out on the forums while at work because I have nobody to talk to any more.

Of course, a downside of this is that I never get better at stuff I like and it takes me forever to learn, which in turn leads me to not do the things I like (read: any cooperative game) with people because I feel like I'm a liability.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85291

Nah, you're fun to play co-op games with. Can attest from personal experience.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #85625

Purple belt in Brazilian-jiu-jitsu. Any other grapplers/wrestlers?
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #85699

rdght91 wrote:Purple belt in Brazilian-jiu-jitsu. Any other grapplers/wrestlers?
I dabbled in boxing, and I used to study karate. We learned a few joint locks and grapples there, but not a ton. Did learn that I'm what's called a 'non-responder'--pressure points aren't debilitatingly painful to me. Sure, they're uncomfortable, but not knees-give-out painful. This meant that I was the one who always got them demonstrated on, of course.

I'd really like to be a part of some group creative endeavor, like a podcast or indie game or something, but my general incompetence, stunted creative drive, and lack of skill, confidence, and charisma make that a rather lofty goal.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85710

Pressure points aren't really a "thing" other than pain-compliance. I've used them against untrained people to get them to stop fucking around but they won't work in competition because everyone there is adapted to that type of discomfort and pain. At lot of the older karate/tkd pressure point stuff is due to hypnotic suggestion- if you think they work, they do. That's you'll never see it in BJJ or MMA unless someone's clowning their opponent.

This is a great example: The guy can "force knockout" his own students without even anything real going own because they think it works, but gets his ass worked by a real fighter who doesn't believe it works:

But yeah anyway, martial arts are a blast.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #85713

I used to be really into martial arts but my hips started to seize up and I couldn't really keep up with all the kicks and things in Isshin-ryu karate. Got up to blue belt after a few years, which really isn't saying much. I know that regardless of how much I practice or study or train I'm gonna get my ass kicked in any actual fight so it's kinda hard to really put much effort into getting back into it nowadays.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #85807

I'd recommend trying BJJ at least. It's very, very different from Karate and TKD (99% of which have been watered down in the US). A blue belt in BJJ means you really do know how to fight on the ground, and even most white belts could probably stomp and untrained person (given that it takes longer to get a BJJ blue belt than a belt belt in most Karate/TKD). Part of my job means that I deal with violence and fights far, far more often than most people ever would so I can say from personal experience certain being calm and comfortable with violence and discomfort is something I learned from BJJ and MMA classes.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85842

I'm guessing if I Goggle BJJ all I get is pics of BJs, which are hopefully unrelated.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: