im going to be here for the next week or so coming
i just have a laptop and my phone, with ass internet connection
what can i do to pass the time?
respect (let him do his thing)
scamoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Re: what would you do in a hospital

Post by scamoppi » #702142

If the internet is slow but stable, you could leave your laptop on overnight to download things to watch. Maybe there's an offline game you can download that you've been meaning to get around to playing. You could also look for PDFs to read. You probably won't find a free book to read but maybe you can look for an interesting research paper or something. You can find a lot of them with google scholar. Many are just a preview with the full thing behind a paywall. But if it's tagged with [PDF] then it's usually the entire paper.

You could code something, but that might be inconvenient without fast access to online documentation and stuff. Maybe you could write something. It could be a story or anything really. Keeping a journal is also an idea if you're not doing that already. It can help with processing thoughts so they don't need to stick around for so long.

You could also try drawing stuff. Maybe you can get a pencil and paper somewhere or you can do it rambo style (trackpad and MS Paint).

Good luck!
𓆏 ribbit... (nothing to see here...)
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #702143

the anarchist cookbook ver. 2000 is like the original anarchist cookbook except most of the boring hand to hand combat info is swapped out for COOL phone phreaking info and anecdotes. Good read would recommend.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #702203

kawoppi wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:03 pm If the internet is slow but stable, you could leave your laptop on overnight to download things to watch. Maybe there's an offline game you can download that you've been meaning to get around to playing.
Gonna see about installing stellaris and watching the "The Boys" overnight. Im going in blind, but a bunch of my friends keep talking about it so it'd be nice to include myself in those. Thanks for the advice!
blackdav123
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Post by blackdav123 » #702225

you can check out and read books for free at https://openlibrary.org/
you just check out the book for an hour or however many times you need to and can read it for free

if the book you do want to read is out of stock try looking for other versions of it as usually only the main edition is out of stock
my personal favorite book is "Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut if you dont have anything to read
Weston Echard on Sybil
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #702349

kinnebian wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:18 pm im currently stuck in a hospital for reasons i wont elaborate on
I'd really suggest you watch the show 'Utopia' its available on yt or amazon (if you are in the uk). Fantastic and shouldnt be too hard to watch on shitty wifi. I would also recommend you download a good offline game like loophero or really anything that runs without internet which is a bunch of games iirc. I would also double suggest you maybe get an ebook or audio book to pass the time, and assuming your friends/family can visit you I'd ask them to maybe bring you a physical one since that should let you sleep better. Get well soon!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #702402

(I would) Make a schedule and don’t just mindlessly consume entertainment. Save it for a certain time, until you’ve accomplished something, etc. I’d use the bulk of your time for some sort of academic or creative pursuit. I’m sure being bedridden (pardon my assumption) for a week sucks, I’d try to capitalize on it as a unique opportunity to achieve something. Also don’t be afraid to reach out to old friends that maybe you let your relationship fall by the wayside. Get well soon!
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #702468

TheRex9001 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:10 pm
kinnebian wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:18 pm im currently stuck in a hospital for reasons i wont elaborate on
I'd really suggest you watch the show 'Utopia' its available on yt or amazon (if you are in the uk). Fantastic and shouldnt be too hard to watch on shitty wifi. I would also recommend you download a good offline game like loophero or really anything that runs without internet which is a bunch of games iirc. I would also double suggest you maybe get an ebook or audio book to pass the time, and assuming your friends/family can visit you I'd ask them to maybe bring you a physical one since that should let you sleep better. Get well soon!
Already watched! :twisted:
Thanks for the well wishes.
wesoda25 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:14 am (I would) Make a schedule and don’t just mindlessly consume entertainment. Save it for a certain time, until you’ve accomplished something, etc. I’d use the bulk of your time for some sort of academic or creative pursuit. I’m sure being bedridden (pardon my assumption) for a week sucks, I’d try to capitalize on it as a unique opportunity to achieve something. Also don’t be afraid to reach out to old friends that maybe you let your relationship fall by the wayside. Get well soon!
Yeah, this is a good idea. I might see about doing some miniature painting or finally getting around to learning byond code. Thanks for the well wishes!
AwkwardStereo
Byond Username: AwkwardStereo

Post by AwkwardStereo » #702600

I had 2.5 week stint in a hospital once.

I watched Game of Thrones (back when it was still relevant), drew, and slept when I could or was able to. I would be lying if I said there weren't a couple moments where I just stared at the ceiling and unironically counted the holes to make time pass. Cherish every moment of levity that you get from the people around you, whether it be from visiting family or even hospital staff making small talk.

Brace yourself if you're getting out of bed. I don't know what you're going through, but for me I went through 1 surgery, felt 100% fine the night after, and then promptly fell on my face trying to get out of bed.

Best wishes to you Kinneb.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #703376

Read, preload shit to watch. Stuff like that. Chat with friends on discord if able.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #703638

im out tommorow morning, hyped as shit
AwkwardStereo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:48 am Brace yourself if you're getting out of bed. I don't know what you're going through, but for me I went through 1 surgery, felt 100% fine the night after, and then promptly fell on my face trying to get out of bed.
nervous about this, lol
if i fall at least it would be funny
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #703659

Some hospitals have social events for long-term inpatient stays. Might be nice to chat with some sweet old people.
► Show Spoiler
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #703741

Please try to be careful when getting out of bed if still hooked up to IVs. In fact ask for a hand just in case.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #707907

kinnebian wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:41 pm im out tommorow morning, hyped as shit
AwkwardStereo wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:48 am Brace yourself if you're getting out of bed. I don't know what you're going through, but for me I went through 1 surgery, felt 100% fine the night after, and then promptly fell on my face trying to get out of bed.
nervous about this, lol
if i fall at least it would be funny
(He died)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.