What hobbies are you all in to?

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Bepis
Byond Username: AurumDude

What hobbies are you all in to?

Post by Bepis » #703318

What hobbies do you all like? Doesn't matter if you're into cross stitching or extreme ironing - talk a little about it, tell us what you get out of your hobbies.

When I was younger (fuck getting old/broken) I loved playing paintball/airsoft, and from time to time ice skating. Nowadays I occupy my time painting models - formerly 40k, currently battletech. I like painting, 'cause I can pour all the sensory bullshit going on around me into the figure I'm working on, and it's one of the few outlets I have that can accomplish that. My partner capitalized on it, and we do 'diamond art' together - right now we're working on Starry Night, and it's a huge project. I enjoy it, I can speed through repetitive motions like they're nothing.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: What hobbies are you all in to?

Post by ThanatosRa » #703375

Well tabletop gaming. D&D, pathfinder, VtM(our campaign is much closer to What we do in the Shadows than usual edgelord or cringe goth shit. Comedic stupidity perpetrated by actual monsters in Texas in this case)

Other than that Vidya and little else. Can't really afford to have hobbies.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #703637

I like to make TF2 maps! I'm not very good at it, but I've been throwing my hand at the wall since 2019-late 2018. Ive only recently gotten back into it, so heres a map alpha I made thats entirely off-angles. (Purple Circle is my Cursor)
► Show Spoiler
Its very very flawed in that you get massive black splotches everywhere, and the fix of this is remaking the brushes. Remaking the brushes is going to be really hard so I'm going to start a new project instead, now that I've shaken off the Rust.

If you ever want to get into TF2 mapping, total reccomend to UEAKCrash's video tutorials and the TF2Maps community. The people there are very nice, and I keep seeing a decent few overlaps between them and ss13 servers!

I also really like painting warhammer models.
I love GSC, heres my favourite models I've done recently!
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
I've been missing painting, and I'm hoping to get back to it ASAP once I get out of this place.
respect (let him do his thing)
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #703800

ThanatosRa wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:49 pm snip
I think the most fun I had in a PnP game was VtM, had like 30+ players with 3-5 active storytellers, Anarchs and Camarilla all around a city (Boston, I think). Then it went to shit, like most groups do. I ran a Cyberpunk 2020 table for an actual decade, but burnt out hard enough I haven't picked the book up since.
kinnebian wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:32 pm snip part deux
How much of a pain in the ass is it to map for TF2? I'm still shocked that it's still going/popular. I made sure to save audio files from a 4chan audio spam server, most of them were pretty good. Love the blending on the (Knight? Blood leader? Forget the model's nomenclature) shield there. Have you heard of Warhammer Ancients? It's like fantasy, but it's blocks of random dudes from ancient to medieval timeframes.
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #703806

Bepis wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:38 am How much of a pain in the ass is it to map for TF2?
Its an old engine, but theres a really strong community full of really cool people, good tutorials and resources, and the maps keep getting better.
respect (let him do his thing)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #718734

Cool thread

I like writing, working out, and playing poker. I also have this really cool past time where I practice guitar every day but don't get any better - proud of that one! In general i like just exploring music too and listening to it whenever
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Post by TheRex9001 » #718807

I like to cook, and I love my warhammer minis. Reading is also up there as like a "hobby".
Bepis

Post by Bepis » #718850

I fuggin love cooking. The rest of my family is on vacation so I get to stay at home in my hobbit hole and craft dinner. Made some stir fry earlier this weekend (pictured below), did butter fried steaks and bomb ass garlic mashed potatoes. Made too much mashed potatoes, made some tuscan beef to go with it. I get to eat like a king, and no one is around to complain about it.
Spoiler:
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719362

i have no hobbies, gaming maybe
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #719445

tsk tsk timonk gotta work on that
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #719452

wesoda25 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:27 am tsk tsk timonk gotta work on that
Thinking about it I like repairing electronics when they break (very rarely) I'm probably also gonna do a programming deep dive into java soon so I guess you could say that is my hobby and I also like trying new tea but I can't try too much of it because it just fills up my cupboard and if I could I would probably start a hardware collection but that's just about the number 1 living space taker you could imagine so fuck that
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.