Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Watercooler/Slowchat 2: Son of Watercooler

Post by Remie Richards » #100688

Bottom post of the previous page:

The point isn't 32C/90F, it's the fact that it's in England.
sure, bring up the hotness of your own countries, but you're born and raised for it.
in England, we are not born and raised for these temperatures.
私は完璧
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #100740

[sweating eternally]
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #100747

VERY loud thunder just happened, and instant rain.
it's gonna cool down.
phew.
私は完璧
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100759

Ah, British weather.

We'll be baking for the rest of the week.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #100766

Wait seriously? 32 C is super bad over there? In ontario we regularly get 32 c in the summer. It sucks, but no one dies from it or anything
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #100768

England is inhabited by vampires who are used to perpetual overcast with the occasional shower

same here in the Netherlands, we are not used to this kind of heat
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #100769

Wyzack wrote:Wait seriously? 32 C is super bad over there? In ontario we regularly get 32 c in the summer. It sucks, but no one dies from it or anything

Yeah but he's not used to it is what he's saying. It's like when it rains in Southern California, everyone just forgets how to drive suddenly.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #100779

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Wait seriously? 32 C is super bad over there? In ontario we regularly get 32 c in the summer. It sucks, but no one dies from it or anything

Yeah but he's not used to it is what he's saying. It's like when it rains in Southern California, everyone just forgets how to drive suddenly.
She, and yeah, you're right, we don't have the genes or upbringing to deal with such heat.
I mentioned it earlier but I'll repeat it again, the issue isn't that it's 32C/90F, it's that it's 32C/90F IN ENGLAND, a country who gets frequent, cool rain, and as such have grown accustomed to that over years and years.
This is why summer is objectively the worst season.
私は完璧
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #100782

I'm in the Midwest US, so we get the fucking worst of both worlds here. It's been unseasonably cool here this week, with a shitload of rain and suddenly violent storms, but I'm willing to bet it'll be 80+ in the shade in a couple weeks. Then in the winter we'll get consistent 10 degrees or below days for weeks. It gets too cold to snow sometimes.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #100791

EndgamerAzari wrote:too cold to snow
I didn't even know that was possible
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #100806

EndgamerAzari wrote:I'm in the Midwest US, so we get the fucking worst of both worlds here. It's been unseasonably cool here this week, with a shitload of rain and suddenly violent storms, but I'm willing to bet it'll be 80+ in the shade in a couple weeks. Then in the winter we'll get consistent 10 degrees or below days for weeks. It gets too cold to snow sometimes.
Midwest is so great. < That's a lie. It's been raining all week but still in the upper 80sF for me. At least yesterday and today the high is only around 79F.
Hey.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #100807

Happy Weed is Legal in Oregon Day
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #100858

It's 104f(40C) today in Las Vegas

It got up to 113f(45C) yesterday and stayed over 110 until after dark.

We also had more humidity than normal yesterday too. Probably dind't get above 50%, but still enough to feel it. To Really FEEL the heat and restrict breathing some. Honestly, the "Dry Heat" excuse in my experience only holds water up until about 105/40. After that point, it becomes an unrelenting, oppressive force that crushes all hope.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #101001

changelog 2day
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #101109

ThanatosRa wrote:It's 104f(40C) today in Las Vegas

We also had more humidity than normal yesterday too. Probably dind't get above 50%, but still enough to feel it. To Really FEEL the heat and restrict breathing some. Honestly, the "Dry Heat" excuse in my experience only holds water up until about 105/40. After that point, it becomes an unrelenting, oppressive force that crushes all hope.

Vegas is where I landed at 10~AM yesterday.

It's a far cry from the 70 degree rain I was dealing with in New York.

At least here in the Mojave it's only 95 right now.
>only
Dear god get me out of this heat
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #101193

Takeguru wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:It's 104f(40C) today in Las Vegas

Vegas is where I landed at 10~AM yesterday.

It's a far cry from the 70 degree rain I was dealing with in New York.

At least here in the Mojave it's only 95 right now.
>only
Dear god get me out of this heat
Tell me where you are so I can avoid you and maintain my mystique of being generally unknown and easily forgotten.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #101206

Fort Irwin, commiefornia.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #101208

Takeguru wrote:Fort Irwin, commiefornia.

Yo man I gotta ask, does patrolling the Mojave make you wish for a nuclear winter?
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #101584

Ricotez wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:too cold to snow
I didn't even know that was possible
snow needs around 0 degrees Celsius to form.
if you don't have any wind activity up high and it's way below 0 Celsius than snow won't form and already formed snow will not come from other places, equalling no snow.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #101670

So my headphones stopped working today. I have to use USB ones because my audio jacks don't work, so RIP sound for a while.
Hey.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #101672

I don't have any juice.
I can't cope without juice.
I'm GOING COLD SQUID HERE I WANT TO SPLAT MYSELF.
私は完璧
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #101691

Sure am getting tired of being the only one around here that gives a fuck. All my co-workers just sit around talking while I reset half the damn DVD displays.
EndgamerAzari wrote:Saw Weird Al in concert last night. I feel a little less dead inside now. Most fun I've had in a long time.
Is he not the best live show?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #101707

Vekter wrote:Is he not the best live show?
He's one helluva showman, that's for sure.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #101717

EndgamerAzari wrote:
Vekter wrote:Is he not the best live show?
He's one helluva showman, that's for sure.
I was fully aware he'd come out in the fat suit for Eat It. I just wasn't prepared for it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #101740

Fuuuuuuck creative audio labs and fuuuuuuuuuck the Soundblaster Z card. Shit hasn't worked right since the day I bought it. Should never had bought it.
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #101781

Good o' US of A, the only country where we can celebrate our independence by shooting textbooks about our own history.

.45 made it from Pre-Colonialism to the Reagan Administration.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #101870

Today's Episode of Humans:
Spoiler:
The Female Synth Detective... is a Synth, of course, how could she have been anything else.
Really loving it, it's one of those shows that makes you hate having a week between episodes.
私は完璧
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #101881

USA is now best in the world at women's sports
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #101887

stop being so progressive, you're making Europe look bad
Spoiler:
nsos

Post by nsos » #101903

i'm watching point break for like the 30th time
nsos

Post by nsos » #102013

nsos wrote:i'm watching point break for like the 31th time
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #102054

That academic law librarian position I had a phone interview for is finally checking up on my references!

The bad news: I had to ask my supervisor if he could give me a reference (at the request of the search committee), so now somebody knows that I'm looking for a job elsewhere.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #102068

It's raining and it's 90F outside.
Hey.
nsos

Post by nsos » #102085

my city ladies and gents
nsos

Post by nsos » #102086

i just remembered the time i had to explain what "jawn" meant to a international student and i just told him it meant "literally whatever" and he didn't understand

i mean like...hell
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #102152

nsos lives in Philly
Spoiler:

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #102236

Thunder11 wrote:I misclicked and marked the whole forum as read
Teach me your secrets
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102239

I feel so tired lately

not in a didn't-get-enough-sleep kind of way, I just feel like I have no energy for anything

yesterday I just laid down on my bed for an hour or so in the middle of the day just because I was not in the mood to do anything, and the only reason why I could force myself to get out is because I had to finish reading a paper about template attacks
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102244

I am working 40 hour weeks in what is probably the most ghetto lab of all time, all our equipment is second hand and I fear the centrifuge is gonna blow up one of these days. Also no one is getting paid yet because we are a startup and have no money, so I work my shitty old job on weekends. I mean I love the work we are doing but goddam I am tired
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
nsos

Post by nsos » #102290

born too late to explore the earth born
too soon to explore space
born just in time to explore the sewers
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #102297

We are, all of us, pioneers in the frontier of shit.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #102326

And this is why we're on the internet.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #102345

>tfw you realize that, after deductions, you're only making $2 more an hour than you were at your unskilled secretary job
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #102370

$2 an hour is $16 a day, $80 a week, $320 a month, assuming a standard workweek

not a bad increase
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #102373

Ricotez wrote:$2 an hour is $16 a day, $80 a week, $320 a month, assuming a standard workweek

not a bad increase
It is when you consider the amount of debt I have and that I could be making just as much without ANY of my degrees if I was working at the bacon factory again.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #102411

hemlock grove is a much better TV show than I had expected it to be. like magnitudes better.

i still think the book is better but like how the fuck can eli roth shit out a ton of terrible horror films and then turn around and just casually put this show out like he was actually good all along
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #102626

i just did three days of work in two hours
i'm the fucking best
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #102674

420weedscopes wrote:i just did three days of work in two hours
i'm the fucking best
But now it's two hours work in two hours and they'll expect you to perform like that all the time now. (But surely you can handle that.)
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #102714

NSOS what is it with you and possums. I mean it's cool and all and they're awesome, but I'm curious.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #102722

>Scary story claims to be true
>Involves a Ouija board
Nice try.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #102749

ThanatosRa wrote:NSOS what is it with you and possums. I mean it's cool and all and they're awesome, but I'm curious.
no particular reason