Windows 10

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Windows 10

Post by tedward1337 » #92125

Is anyone going to get it?
I just had a notification pop up.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Windows 10

Post by DemonFiren » #92132

You've certainly noticed that every other version of Windows is utter shit (95 was OK, along comes 98. 98 SE was OK, along comes ME. Windows XP was OK, along comes Vista. Windows 7 was OK, along comes 8.)

I find it telling that they skipped 9 and went straight to the next shit version.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92144

figure I might as well check it out once it rolls around

maybe I'll upgrade my old Win7 laptop first to see what it's like
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #92167

Working in the industry lets me hear abit about it. Thus far it sounds like it's shaping up to be worth it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #92212

I'll see if the DX 12 they will bloody ransom onto it makes it worth it.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #92217

Might as well upgrade, shit is free!
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #92219

You'll have a year after the release to decide so if you're apprehensive you can wait around for reviews to stream in.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #92224

link
Last edited by TheWiznard on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #92324

DemonFiren wrote:You've certainly noticed that every other version of Windows is utter shit (95 was OK, along comes 98. 98 SE was OK, along comes ME. Windows XP was OK, along comes Vista. Windows 7 was OK, along comes 8.)

I find it telling that they skipped 9 and went straight to the next shit version.
They skipped 9 because legacy stuff would make it mess up with Windows 95/98 being a thing from long ago. They just plain decided it's not worth fixing the problem, so just skip 9 and go straight to 10
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #92326

ThatSlyFox wrote:Might as well upgrade, shit is free!
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #92327

TheWiznard wrote:
Jordie0608 wrote:You'll have a year after the release to decide so if you're apprehensive you can wait around for reviews to stream in.
I've been on 8/8.1 for a while and even though I don't have a touchscreen I've sorta warmed up to 8, I hated it at first but now it's alright. I saw the free update but I think I'll wait a bit before I choose if I'll upgrade.
Windows 8 has a built-in backdoor that allows Microsoft to install or remove any application on your computer remotely. That means you have no control over your own PC.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #92363

mosquitoman wrote: Windows 8 has a built-in backdoor that allows Microsoft to install or remove any application on your computer remotely. That means you have no control over your own PC.
well nothing's happened to me so ???

edit: i'm not running an illegal drug or XXX ring so I'm not really worried about spying
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #92365

TheWiznard wrote:
mosquitoman wrote: Windows 8 has a built-in backdoor that allows Microsoft to install or remove any application on your computer remotely. That means you have no control over your own PC.

edit: i'm not running an illegal drug or XXX ring so I'm not really worried about spying
ok then how about i install a cctv camera in your bedroom, it's for your safety i promise, and if you don't have anything to hide you have nothing to fear
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #92368

mosquitoman wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:

ok then how about i install a cctv camera in your bedroom, it's for your safety i promise, and if you don't have anything to hide you have nothing to fear
okay go ahead, you're paying for it though and if it breaks its on you.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #92385

mosquitoman wrote:Windows 8 has a built-in backdoor that allows Microsoft to install or remove any application on your computer remotely. That means you have no control over your own PC.
I want to not-believe this so much, but I also remember what Microsoft gleefully tried to pull with the Xbone.
RIP
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #92446

Year of the linux desktop for sure
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #92809

mosquitoman wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
Jordie0608 wrote:You'll have a year after the release to decide so if you're apprehensive you can wait around for reviews to stream in.
I've been on 8/8.1 for a while and even though I don't have a touchscreen I've sorta warmed up to 8, I hated it at first but now it's alright. I saw the free update but I think I'll wait a bit before I choose if I'll upgrade.
Windows 8 has a built-in backdoor that allows Microsoft to install or remove any application on your computer remotely. That means you have no control over your own PC.
Source, and not Infowars.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #92863

Haven't gotten the popup, but my old 2009 laptop probably couldn't handle going from 7 to 10 anyways (maybe that's why they didn't bother to show it to me). That and the whole idea of "A free-to-start OS" fills me with so many bad vibes. The last goddamn place I want micro transactions and hidden costs is on my goddamn desktop. Will probably stay with Win7 installations even after support is dropped.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #92872

Vekter wrote:
mosquitoman wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
Source, and not Infowars.
You seriously need a source for what has been known for years now?

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400985,00.asp
http://gizmodo.com/5937649/windows-8-te ... y-securely

https://www.fsf.org/windows8
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #92898

I work in a large business IT company, and the absence of Windows 9 is the new in-house joke, every day there's a new comical explanation.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #93022

mosquitoman wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:

go ahead, but you're gonna see some things you can't unsee.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #93056

Drynwyn wrote:
mosquitoman wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:

go ahead, but you're gonna see some things you can't unsee.
Uk.png
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered