Vehicle Thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Vehicle Thread

Post by Tunder » #92900

Post your cars, motorcycles, and other assorted vehicles here.

There have to be some interesting ones, in my experience autists often have cool whips :^)

Here's mine:

2003 BMW M3, 6-speed manual, full Borla catback ATAK exhaust, carbon diffuser, Activ headers. 340 horsepower.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: Vehicle Thread

Post by tedward1337 » #92946

Noice
Hold on let me get a picture of my car

Edit: Got one
11117619_10206965080189328_148920570_n.jpg
It's nothing special but its my first car I payed for entirely on my own :)

Its a 2002 Honda Accord LX Coupe. 5 Speed manual, and its got 150 horsepower
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #92949

Please tell me that's stick and not automatic
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #92951

Tunder wrote: 6-speed manual.
An0n3 wrote:Please tell me that's stick and not automatic
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92953

Missed that. Phew. Thank God.

Nice car would drive around in. North of 20 grand for a used model with north of 100k miles and 13+ years old is a stupid stupid purchase though.
Would enjoy driving would not want to own.

>decide randomly to go MR2 hunting again
>dealership has an 89 with sub 50k mileage on it
>holy shit this looks great
>interior shot
>someone replaced the steering wheel with one that has corvette livery on it
>WHY.jpeg
>close browser
>slowly push computer into trash can
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #92977

An0n3 wrote: Nice car would drive around in. North of 20 grand for a used model with north of 100k miles and 13+ years old is a stupid stupid purchase though.
Would enjoy driving would not want to own.
Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

It's been my dream car since the series came out in 2001. I bought it as soon as I had a decent professional gig and some 'fuck you' money, and self maintenance is easy. All told, it's one of the best cars created since the millennium, and it has one of the most powerful mass production naturally aspirated 6-cylinder engines ever produced.

TLDR; Enjoy your riceshit :^)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92983

>bragging to me of all people about owning a car with a big engine in it that goes fast
332946_834047749705_1062377771_o.jpg
Baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh ha ha haa haa I bet you go get groceries faster than anybody with that thing you dumbass

Pic is not mine per se, it's one of the cars my Dad's racing team owns I've helped him build and work on since I was a kid.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #92984

An0n3 wrote:>bragging to me of all people about owning a car with a big engine in it that goes fast
332946_834047749705_1062377771_o.jpg
Baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh ha ha haa haa I bet you go get groceries faster than anybody with that thing you dumbass
Ain't bragging, man, just explaining why it's worth the dough. And I'm sure that hambeast is fun to drive in straight lines.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #92988

Tunder wrote:I'm sure that hambeast is fun to drive in straight lines.

[youtube]6f5jJwJ8Lnc [/youtube]

Our drivers sure seem to think so.

Bottom line if your car makes you happy that's great. Enjoy it.

But don't wave your dick around about the motor and shit in it when it's just your daily driver commute mobile. It don't make a difference whether you have a V12 or an I4 in there if you're driving it on city streets. Congratulations on buying a rocket ship to take you from one stop sign or traffic signal to the next.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #93055

So is anyone else gonna post their whips or
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #93075

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Mandurrh
Byond Username: Mandurrh

Post by Mandurrh » #93083

I drive a big black on black thug suv. This is a picture of it covered in ice.Image
Spoiler:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #93149

imagine this post had a picture of a pontiac grand am 2002, maroon
nsos

Post by nsos » #93150

i got a tape player
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #93174

Muh race yacht. She takes a fair bit of maintenance but she'll beat keel boats with 3-4m more waterline.

[youtube]ofPtx4_HXXU[/youtube]

Sped it up because racing takes a few hours.
Mime: Depresso
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #93194

Beep beep

2001 LeSabre. Nothing fancy. She doesn't get too great milage but she's got a big gas tank and is plenty roomy, plus you can't beat free. Belonged to my Grandpa before he got too old to drive without being a menace to himself and everyone else on the road.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #93210

I drive a 2006 Chevy Malibu that's slowly falling apart.

Shoot me. $12.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #93224

Heh, my first car was a '98 Malibu, followed by an '02 Impala. Good solid cars.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #93470

1999 Lexus GS 300. I had to do some work on the engine with one of my mechanic friends to get it running nice again, but the fucker still runs at 200,000mi. Got it for $800, no shit.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #93493

Ugh, my cars the oldest by a year, 97 vw golf, Stick shift, Bad power steering pump squeeks like a dolphin, ruined brake master cylinder (Got it, but can't replace as of right now) , leaks a little water, and it's push to start, but it wasn't when it was new.

Front two tires are poor, back are worse, I'm missing 3 bolts (Takes bolts not lugnuts) and one of my hubcaps, The sunroof makes a lot of noise when you press the buttons but doesn't move, but luckily it leaks when it rains. Neither headlight is the ones the car is meant to have, But at least it's the same bulb, too bad it's not the bulb it's supposed to have according to a google search.

There are no wires nor any conceivable method of conducting electricity to my front right blinker, The ebrake wire snapped on one side, so If I pull it, Only the back right will lock up.
The radio is grounded to the cigarette lighter, Neither of these items work currently, The engine fan is on a switch, God help ye who forgets to turn it on, The wire the seat is made of has long since worn through the padding on the front two seats, and are a chore to sit upon, The AC doesn't work, But the windows do, Defrost is a suggestion in the winter, not a setting, so I carry around a can of spray for it if I know I'll need it. The exhaust hammock thingies are tired, so it thumps and creaks a lot, Especially during take off.

The locks are missing except for the hatchback or whatever you wanna call it, which is good, because if you disconnect the battery you arm the security system, and without that single remaining lock, you couldn't ever turn it off. The plastic cap to the horn is missing, but it's been rigged to work anyways. The gear shift knob is not the one it came with, and this matters because it indicates reverse is bottom right, as is fairly standard, Unfortunately reverse in my car is in a hidden position of jamming the thing down, then putting it in the upper left corner.
The left mirror is held in place by a screw, Both windshield wipers work, but the actual wipers don't, there is supposed to be a rear window wiper blade, but it's been broken off.

Other than that, the timing is good, and she's Lovely on gas, Every time she's failed me, She's made it to the parking lot at home, Not towed it even once, It's taught me so much about cars, And I've worked on it a lot to get it to this terrifying point and still run, And you can't say anything bad about it without first acknowledging the vast wide open spaces under the hood with which to work, Which you will employ, frequently.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #93513

Reminds me of the 92 New Yorker I drove years and years ago.

Big ol' fuckin' boat. In the summer most of the windows went down, but getting them to come back up was mostly faith based. In the winter the only heat was made up loud swear words and your shivering arm splashing coffee all over the interior. Mice ate most of the back seat, which is good because it means at least something enjoyed this piece of shit. I carried around more spiders back there than passengers anyway.

Our CNY frost broke one of the headlamps, which were supposed to be pop-ups, so during the day I was driving around a cyclops with one eye permanently broken open.

The catalytic converter and large portions of the exhaust had a tendency to detach and fire themselves into traffic. I spent enough hours underneath that piece of shit welding new ones onto it to learn how exhaust systems work in general for prettymuch anything.

Eventually the transmission decided enough was fucking enough and completely seized up. I remember when they came to tow it away they had to just drag it up on the flatbed, tires screeching. Even in death that old bitch wouldn't give an inch.

Cars like that you own them and they own you back. There's a fucking spirit in there.

EDIT: Never got to know exactly how many miles were on her when she finally gave up the ghost. Odometer hit 165,000 something and broke. Rest in piece, Delilah. This one's for you.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #93534

I don't have a car
Tunder

Post by Tunder » #93542

Oh, we're competing for oldest now?

My previous ride, a 91 Dodge Stealth R/T, which is a rebadged/remodelled 3.0 DOHC V6 Mitsubishi GTO from the Diamond Star era.

Still had the original spark plugs and oil filter when I got her in 2012.

>Japanese supercar
>FWD

Wry.jpg
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #93560

I'm about to buy this super cheap off a friend. It's going to please those compiling the evidence against me being straight.
Spoiler:
fuck you it's cheap to insure and convertibles are fun

I've toyed around in it. It's so fun to drive. Also these cars are prone to having dodgy as fuck exhausts but my friend already replaced it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #93709

Shit, I'd love a convertible. I love riding around in my brother's Jeep with the top down but aside from that the thing terrifies me.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #93900

Stickymayhem wrote:I'm about to buy this super cheap off a friend. It's going to please those compiling the evidence against me being straight.
Spoiler:

I've toyed around in it. It's so fun to drive. Also these cars are prone to having dodgy as fuck exhausts but my friend already replaced it.
Bae pick me up pls
Game Admin
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #93929

white one is a '67 and the guy it came from turned it into a drag race sorta convertible bug and the blue one my uncle sent to us to hold on to after he bought it while he as employed in germany, but we wound up buying it from him instead. The white one my dad was in the middle of fixing up (replacing the floor,brakes,something else) in our garage before he got sick and it's just sat there pretty much since. The blue one still works but we've yet to get in our hordegarage and get it out to look at what needs fixing
Spoiler:
not a picture of my actual car but it's raining right now and I don't want to go outside.
oldsmobile alero is what i drive for everything not summer weather. my car sucks since the cd player doesn't work and living in the hicks the only thing on the radio is country or oldies. my blinkers occasionally stop working and the stupid anti-theft security feature built in 6/10 times stops me from going anywhere for 10 minutes.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #93961

Stickymayhem wrote:I'm about to buy this super cheap off a friend. It's going to please those compiling the evidence against me being straight.
Spoiler:

People buy big cars and trucks to compensate.

People buy tiny cute cars to flaunt how little they need to make up for.

Peugeots are fucking cool cars and their livery is ballin'.

They have a reputation in the states for being shitbox fagmobiles but

This baby was a fuckin' beast in its day.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #98503

So for the last five months I've been helping an acquaintance build his kit plane, an RV-8 to be exact. After 1050 hours of labor and about $65,000ish dollars, its finally done. It didn't kill us or anyone else at the fly-in so I'd say it was a resounding success. Of course, he did all the heavy lifting so to speak, mainly because he has his masters in mechanical engineering and I have a high school diploma. We considered what some builders do to cut costs and install an automotive engine but we both agreed after a bit of research that automotive engines in homebuilds are a really fucking terrible idea, so we stuck with a Lycoming-Continental IO360. My friend, being the detail nut that he is, insisted we also construct special snowflake covers for the GPS antenna (he went with a full Garmin glass cockpit with steam gage redundancies by the way) that were more aerodynamic than the factory covers. He also insisted on a composite fore luggage bag door rather than the factory aluminum one, in order to save weight. All the custom fabrication we did was EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, TIME CONSUMING, AND RAISED MY BLOOD PRESSURE BY A CONSIDERABLE MARGIN. I WILL DIE A HAPPY MAN IF I NEVER HAVE TO LOOK UPON A COMPOSITE AIRCRAFT AGAIN.

On the flip side, while I may best him with the welder, my pal is probably the best riveter I have ever seen. The riveting work on the wings and fuselage is absolutely wonderful. With the obvious exception of the cowling and flight controls he used almost exclusively flush rivets. After he hit it with the paint, you can't even see them unless your looking for them. Speaking of paint, I probably wouldn't have picked that color but he insisted on the paint job and it turned out nice enough. Plus, its a sporty little thing, climbs pretty damn quick when you want it to and has a cruising speed of about 175kts, which is pretty good for the little 200 HP engine. Of course if you gun the throttle it will reach over 230 MPH easily in good conditions.

N-not that I know anything about how it flies... I don't have a pilots license after all. Nope. No way I took the controls from the redundant stick in the passenger/copilot seat (which is cramped as FUCK by the way) and did some mild maneuvers or anything. Nope, totally didn't do that.
Spoiler:
RV8_04.jpg
I've also taken the liberty of hiding the N#, you sneaky little shits.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #98529

Ford focus 1998 saloon

I DONT EVEN CARE
IM A FAMILY MAN

also @ anon if I WANTED A RALLY CAR I WOULD GO FOR A SUBARU WHICH ARE UNDENIABLY THE CHAMPIONS IN RALLY YOU CaNT EVEN CONTEND AGAINST THIS FACT

Spoiler:
im joking of course the best rally car was the lancia but the subaru had SPIRIT.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #98564

Subaru stole the deposits of Nintendium in the 80's and have been using them to make cars ever since.

Also they have had some fantastic rally performances so there's nothing to be ashamed of there.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #98588

Oh my god Group B.

Those were the days. I find even my old man's Evo 3 was too much power for my brain to process on tight roads I can't imagine how those guys with 500+ BHP did it.
Mime: Depresso
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #98600

>off roading in a Lancer

FOR SCOTLAND

Jesus fuck just looking at the angle they're coming down on makes my teeth hurt.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #98619

the thing is the lancia could handle that shit fine and still have the fASTEST FUCKING TIME.

it truly was the best car.

fuck man that reminds me of my parents house in portugal
we live in mountainous terrain and like semi and professional rallies are held there and its fucking great.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #98633

Lancia and Lancer are two very different things.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #98652

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuckkkking gay dude

you seew hen i was typing it had this sense on the back of my head going "why the fuck does a lancia have a mitsubishi logo instead of a lancia logo??"

and a slight one of "woah this lancia is really weird looking."

why the fuck did you post a lancer we were clearly talking about LANCIAS.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #98659

Invisty mentioned hauling ass in an old Evo 3.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #98813

Right now it's a cheap 80$ mountain bike because everything is in walking distance on post.

If I need a car for something I just get a rental.

I've got family willing to sell a Wrangler for cheap and I might take them up on that when I leave this post.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #98890

While my Buick's in the shop getting a fuel injector replaced and a window motor fixed, I'm driving my dad's 2008 Impala. It's amazing how much the model changed from the '02 (my former car). It's really nice, the kind of car I can see myself driving if I actually get a job I can afford decent stuff on, but I feel really uncomfortable driving it, because I'm worried I'm gonna fuck it up. It handles almost TOO tightly.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #98997

I'm a huge fucking piece of shit because I keep looking at Mercedes 300D's and I will probably end up buying one within the next year. Fuck me.

Guys help me please the Hipster genes are activating I'm losing control of my body I don't want to live like this
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99042

That thing looks like it belongs in the 70s.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #99153

nice german whip fam 8-) 8-) 8-)
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #99157

Still driving my tough, reliable little 2010 Elantra. I'm surprised, still, that I'm driving a damn Hyundai, but i've put like... 30k miles on it and it' still running strong.

I'm just glad my Registration costs are finally going down. Nevada doesn't have a sales tax, or income tax... so the area makes extra money by reaming people on annual re-registration costs based on the value of the car. Mine was consistently over $200 a year every july. Except this year, finally dropped and was only $175. Think about how much people are paying to register the more expensive sports cars and big trucks and shit.

Oh and last year I got a $90 fine for expired tags cuz they went mine out late. I did it early this year to avoid that. OH! And there was another $20~ for Smog check inspections. Passed easily, but still.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
nsos

Post by nsos » #99232

ColonicAcid wrote:nice german whip fam 8-) 8-) 8-)
i don't kick ball do i look like a baller
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #99233

don't h80 the 80's merc80
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #99282

anon probs does drive like a pauper.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #99341

ColonicAcid wrote:anon probs does drive like a pauper.
What does that even mean?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #99342

its from this song

[youtube]OHZRHEJHS2k[/youtube]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #99346

English rap is the most hilarious shit because their slang is so pussy. Did he just say he rides his bicycle on a blip? What? I can't get into it because this dude talks like he runs a daycare center or something.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #99362

this used to be the top radio jam back in its day of 2014

i dont get english rap or R&B either tbh, it sounds like trash to me bar some exceptions
but that song is catchy.