specyalic
Byond Username: Specyalic

what shows are you watching?

Post by specyalic » #98959

because TV isnt dead, and i refuse to believe it

EDIT: webisodes and netflix count
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: what shows are you watching?

Post by Remie Richards » #98965

Television:
Humans on Channel 4, a fiction show about very human like androids mixing in with society.
Empire on E4, a fiction show about the music industry and a family that own a music label.
Hollyoaks on E4, a soap opera.
How I Met Your Mother (endless repeats) on E4.
Big Bang Theory (endless repeats) on E4.

Other:
Youtube, I have over 443 subscriptions and about 30-45 regular uploaders to watch.
Iplayer for any shows I miss or don't air anymore (QI, Mock the Week, Have I got news for you, Would I lie to you?)
Anime, but none at the moment because I'm lazy and cant put up that initial investment of effort to get into any on my list.

probably some others I forget.
My TV is mainly on for company lol, I just need background noise.
私は完璧
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #99010

Nothing that I'm watching that's currently airing has consistent enough quality for me to download it every week. But when I'm willing to put up with some bullshit, I'll catch up on the current seasons of Hannibal and True Detective.

Shows I'm following that are currently off-season:
Les Revenants
Game of Thrones
Broadchurch
Bates Motel

I have a huge backlog too:
Veep
Archer
Deadwood (easily the best show on this list)
Justified
Mad Men (boring as hell, I'm never going to finish this)
Orange is the New Black
The Americans
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Spongebob

I've never really liked YouTube. Too much superficial garbage. Though I have started watching Joe Rogan's podcast recently. His guests are usually nobodies, but he's a pretty interesting guy and they talk about some interesting topics.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #99022

Just got done watching the second series of Silicon Valley, very funny nerd comedy show about programmers - actually feels like they had nerds involved in writing it, unlike the fake intellectual humour of Big Bang Theory (no, using coitus instead of fucking isn't funny.)

Started watching The Brink.

Part way through season 3 of The Wire.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #99219

I forgot Almost Royal on E4, a show where these two actors are sent to america and pretend to be part of the royal family.
and nobody realises they're fake because ~america~
There's a lot of deliberately odd humour to it because they're essentially taking the piss out of Americans the entire time.
私は完璧
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #99221

watching Humans, Mr. Robot, and Deutschland 83 + true detective s2 and the strain s2

Deutschland 83 is so inexplicably good
the strain is a fucking shitshow i'm just watching it for stephen mchattie
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #99234

Humans, True Detective Season 2.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #99663

Remie Richards wrote:Hollyoaks
remie please no

i watched sense8 on netflix
it was ok
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #99868

Oh shit I was totally unaware the new season of Hannibal had started as well.

That makes my list

True Detective S2
Humans
Hannibal S3

And catching up on:
Madmen
The Knick
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #99873

I'm on the 2nd season of 24, because I didn't catch it back in the day. First season was better.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #99944

Jesus Christ.

I warned people a long time ago when we were talking about TV programs and I mentioned Hannibal can be extremely graphic, and that's still true.
...but I want to append that and say "Also make sure you have balls of steel before you watch The Knick."

The use of blood and gore in the third season of Hannibal has kind of become a parody of itself. There's so much of it now it's kinda stupid. It lacks any kind of impact when there are literal rivers of it splashing around in every other shot.

The Knick, on the other hand, has a really washed out color scheme and is sterile enough in most scenes that when there are shots of people being operated on it's really visceral.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
specyalic
Byond Username: Specyalic

Post by specyalic » #100025

well, managed to catch up with the latest regular show episodes, which were released one per day. lots o moving the plot forward
sometimes i feel like its animation that really speaks to me
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #100062

Golan the Insatiable is really good. Almost as good as Rick and Morty. I'm going to enjoy it for as long as Fox is too stupid to realize it's getting worse ratings than the repeats of Family Guy that air before it.

I'm going to give Mr.Robot more time. I'm liking it, but I'm fairly confident I'm gonna lose interest eventually. I'm not usually one to stick around for depressing shit too long, but we'll see. Maybe it lightens up just a tad with more character drama. At the very least, I hope to see more of Mr.Robot talking like a crazy motherfucker.

Just started watching Black Mirror. Very, very good.

I'm enjoying everything Syfy airs on Fridays. Defiance, Killjoys, and Dark Matter. I might start skipping Defiance unless it improves though. It was never an amazing show but the writers are just phoning it in at this point. Dark Matter is easily my favorite of the three. It's good to be watching science fiction again; nobody else in the US even makes any these days.

Stuff I'm going to watch when they start airing new episodes again:
Better Call Saul
Archer
Rick and Morty
Brooklyn Nine Nine

Also gonna watch Heroes Reborn when it airs
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #100174

Man, the theme song for this new season sucks. I miss the first season's song.

[youtube]p4zluA60hjs[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #100183

Get Smart and the occasional Steven Universe. I might check up on Deutshland 83 and see what that's about.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #101231

>Having a TV
>2015

It's dead, accept it

That said, I decided to watch(online of course) JoJo's Bizarre Adventure after hearing like 4-5 friends speak highly of it.
Yeah, it's pretty neat
Not what I would call exceptionally well made, but it's amusing nonetheless
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #101351

Hannibal Season 3 sucked so bad it killed the show. I'm okay with this. It's better than having to watch more of Season 3. Seasons 1 and 2 were so good, just leave it as it is with those two and move on.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #101415

Does watching shit on Netflix count? Cuz I been watching Daredevil and The Trailer Park Boys
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #101417

Watching television shows on your computer is still "Watching TV".
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos

Post by nsos » #105020

i think the thing i like the most about mr. robot is that they haven't thrown any retarded "it SOUNDS complicated so i'm sure people will buy it" hackerspeak.

so far everything has at least been remotely plausible although you can kind of tell that the actors themselves haven't been told which parts are actually the bits they should be putting emphasis on, but i guess that's not too bad of a deal considering they did their research and the hacking scenes aren't one guy mashing on his keyboard while trying to "reverse engineer the mainframe".

i still don't really care that much about the mc's subplot with his drug addiction but it's been handled in an ok way. everything else is pretty on point with writing and cinematography. i even only rolled my eyes a little bit at the fsociety/anoymous is leejun analog being made since it's barely touched on. i read some bitching on imdb or whatever about how the show has a "gay agenda" because there are 2 gay characters even though one is portrayed as somewhat inept and the other is the primary antagonist and is a sadomasochist patrick bateman-esque psychopath which is kind of the opposite of what most gays like in their agenda on TV portrayals you know what i mean

humans is still okay but as it goes on it starts to run flat to me because everyone is an exercise in extremes. every character's so 0-100. the robots are inexplicably superhuman at one time and then inexplicably become deaf as hell and unable to recognize that there's someone behind them in a relatively convenient plot point for the human but whatever
nsos

Post by nsos » #105021

ep4 got pretty meta with the hotel scene though so i didn't mind it too much
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #105051

Whatever cartoon my niece is watching.

Lately it's been steven universe and fuckloads of teen titans go reruns.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #105238

I've been getting up at 1 in the morning every day because I'm NEET for a while (off college) and e4 has a double bill of Tattoos After Dark.
I do not like Tattoos, I do not like Piercings, but I will HAPPILY sit and watch Tattoos After Dark.
私は完璧
nsos

Post by nsos » #106701

i seen that new mr robot episode and it's lit but then i get to the last couple of scenes and things start getting too real for a show about a drug-addled skiddie

nsos

Post by nsos » #106702

this swedish mf really did watch some random bitch urinate on national prime time cable tv
nsos

Post by nsos » #106704

'thank u for the lovely evening' leave
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #106708

Bojack Horseman season 2 is tight. For anyone who hasn't watched season 1, come on now, it's really good. This is also a PSA that season 2 is out.

Mr Robot is WAY better than I was expecting

Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #106759

:D
Last edited by Amnestik on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #109123

HUMANS Finished, great finale
Spoiler:
omg that bit at the end, "HUMANS... WILL RETURN"
私は完璧
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #109139

I've been watching The League pretty much non-stop when I start to go to sleep.
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #109140

Started watching something called Dark Matter recently.

Its a sci-fi show, on sy-fy channel - who'd have thunk it.

Its a bit like Firefly meets Bourne Identity, in that its a ship full of misfits flying around that have lost their memories because of sabotage during cryosleep, and they all have bad ass fighting skills because *spoiler*
Even the crazy killer android with the nice arse ended up with her memory wiped when the crew reset her... who has now taken an oddly wisconsin housewife personality - I'm half waiting for her to pull out the bible.

Not bad... oddly addictive - although that might just be because I haven't been able to get my scifi fix since Stargate:Universe got cancelled (it was just getting good damn it! So was Caprica.)
Raptorgaming
Byond Username: Raptorgaming

Post by Raptorgaming » #109447

I just started with S4 of the Wire an am waiting for: Game of Thrones S6, Person of Interest S5, House of Cards S4 and Better Call Saul S2.
Stuff that I plan to watch at some point: True Detective, The Walking Dead, Sense8 and Hannibal.
(I also really really hope that I'll get to see more of Black Mirror at some point. That show was incredible)
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #109488

I'm watching s2 of BoJack Horseman and looking to get into True Detective.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #109508

I'm watching Star Trek Deep Space 9 on Hulu.

Only one episode in but DS9 seems pretty cool. Hulu on the other hand is terrible and likes to shove waaaaay too many ads in.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #109576

Hannibal has actually gotten pretty good later in the season. It's such shit that it got cancelled.

Mr. Robot is pretty meh. Writing isn't great and the main character is too unjustifiably edgy/boring/a voyeuristic dick for my tastes. They're saying a lot of things about consumerism too that I think would be pretty cutting edge if they'd been said about 6 years ago.

UnREAL is a new show I've been watching that sounds terrible on paper but is surprisingly good. It's a deconstruction of reality TV, and considering the amount of fucking idiotic reality TV we've had over the past 10 years, it's about time somebody pointed out the obvious engineering and exploitation that people seem to ignore.

Haven't seen this week's True Detective but I imagine it's pretty mediocre as usual.
nsos

Post by nsos » #117325

i'm already missing hannibal.

i bingewatched hemlock grove this weekend in a drunken wine haze. weird show. half the time it's teen wolf and the other 50% of the time it decides it wants to be evangelion. i don't hate it but i don't use the word 'like' for it either. they also used most of the budget for the wolf scenes, which are appropriately eli roth level grody.

it's been a minute since i read the book. some of this i don't think was in the book. i dunno how they spread this out to 3 seasons.

i was gonna watch narcos next but i have no more time to follow fall tv shows rip
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #117336

Narcos and Beyond Scared Straight.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #117482

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:I'm watching Star Trek Deep Space 9 on Hulu.

Only one episode in but DS9 seems pretty cool. Hulu on the other hand is terrible and likes to shove waaaaay too many ads in.
DS9 was fun. Unlike the other Star Trek series, it's set in one static location so you get a lot of development with ongoing events and recurring characters.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #117497

DS9 gets much better after the second season.

As does Babylon 5, which imo is the best sci series ever.
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #117502

Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117510

They typed out his speech impediment as part of his nickname? That is pretty hilarious
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #117617

Nobody call me Maccus anymore.

My name is now J-Smoove.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #147762

BAMPU

I watched all of Sherlock. It started out as wondering if there was anything to this phenomenon and it turned out to actually be interesting enough to see it all through. I would like the show a lot more if the audience was given a chance to piece out the small clues and stuff that Sherlock notices.

It's not great but it passed the time. I'll watch the next season as it goes for the same reason. It's not a great show, but it passes the time.

The Knick had a second season at the end of 2015 I somehow completely missed, which is fucking embarassing considering how much I loved the first season and anticipated the second. I'm the only person I know who gives a shit about the series so I guess how the fuck was I supposed to know.

Seriously though. Watch it. If you liked Boardwalk Empire, Peaky Blinders, or other near-turn-of-the-century dramas you might like this as well. It's fucking brutal.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #147840

Blacklist
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #147919

Nothing Recent... but I've made a habit of rewatching stuff. PLanning on doing a full rewatch of the Trailer Park Boys and Always Sunny.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #147931

Malkevin wrote: - Stargate:Universe -
was universe ever good? In my opinion I saw like the first couple episodes on syfy and was like "this is shiet". mostly because it didn't seem (in my brief memory of it) at all like SG1 or Atlantis. I think I'm gonna try re watching all of SG1 and Atlantis again, maybe I'll give universe another shot too
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #147949

They massively toned down the Dawson creek angtsy teen love shite in the second season, writers had finally pulled their heads out their arses and the last few episodes were actually good
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #147981

TheWiznard wrote:
Malkevin wrote: - Stargate:Universe -
was universe ever good? In my opinion I saw like the first couple episodes on syfy and was like "this is shiet". mostly because it didn't seem (in my brief memory of it) at all like SG1 or Atlantis. I think I'm gonna try re watching all of SG1 and Atlantis again, maybe I'll give universe another shot too
It's by no means as bad as people seem to think it is from what I understand, but it doesn't stand up to SG-1 or Atlantis. I've seen a little, thought it was neat. Should sit down and finish it. Unfortunately, it did get cancelled, so.... yea.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
MisterPerson
Board Moderator

Post by MisterPerson » #148020

Heroes Reborn wound up sucking but I'm too pot committed to stop since the last episode is tonight.

IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #148029

the blacklist is still fantastic, despite the fact that it should be shit (probably because james spader is one of the best goddamn actors on the planet)

i've been trying to catch up on manhattan

waiting for all of marvel's shit

venture bros soon
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore