Feminism

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Feminism

Post by Cheridan » #137772

it's ok guys i'll make the next one; i'm unbannable

one time i saw into the girl's bathroom in the mall as someone was leaving
it had carpeted floors and a sofa. the men's bathroom was a standard tiled floor with no furnishings

why is this allowed? :?:
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Feminism

Post by Zilenan91 » #137773

I once saw a woman with a penis in a Walmart bathroom. I was the toilet.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #137774

ayyy lmao

Because white women are obviously more important and morally justifyable in todays society.

And their the ones being oppressed. Right.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #137775

Can I post the bee movie again?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137777

Do so immediately
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #137780

Women's bathrooms are actually even more disgusting than men's bathrooms.

They want you to think that they practice better hygiene and take better care of things than men but the truth is they puke, piss, and shit all over everything just as much as men do, only in addition to all that they also bleed on it too.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #137781

Some girl said hi to me

I ended up hissing at her
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #137784

I give up
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #137785

I'm pregnant
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137788

slow down a bit with these threads, im running out of shitposts
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #137797

Then just make regular posts. If you're shit enough they count
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #137800

hello?
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #137801

John_Oxford wrote:ayyy lmao

Because white women are obviously more important and morally justifyable in todays society.

And their the ones being oppressed. Right.
don't sound so bitter. if you want, you can be my girlfriend tonight~ ;)
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137805

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #137807

does this mean we can do nothing and it will go up on it's own?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137823

Cheridan wrote:it's ok guys i'll make the next one; i'm unbannable

one time i saw into the girl's bathroom in the mall as someone was leaving
it had carpeted floors and a sofa. the men's bathroom was a standard tiled floor with no furnishings

why is this allowed? :?:
holy shit, wouldn't that be a nightmare to clean?
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #137825

oranges wrote: holy shit, wouldn't that be a nightmare to clean?
Well the only people who go to malls to shop are women, so I guess they figure it's worth the effort.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #137827

what if someone peed on the carpet floor

is that not an issue for women?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #137828

Ricotez wrote:[/img]
Actually serious question, do they include maternity leave in the math for these?

Because I don't care what kind of parasite you have, you shouldn't get paid the same amount to not work
XSI

Post by XSI » #137829

Carpeted floors in the bathroom is a terrible, bad idea

The exact kind of idea I'd expect from women

Am I doing it right?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137831

Ricotez wrote:Image

What this graph fails to mention is that these aren't wages for the exact same job.

Women make less than men on average, but that's not because they're getting paid less to do the same job. It's because they occupy comparatively lower-paying jobs.
The problem isn't that your boss is paying you $10 to do something and Sally $7.90 to do something. It's that your boss is a man and that Sally and you are both underlings. Then you average your income together and holy shit look women are making less on average than men!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #137832

Takeguru wrote:
Ricotez wrote:[/img]
Actually serious question, do they include maternity leave in the math for these?

Because I don't care what kind of parasite you have, you shouldn't get paid the same amount to not work
It does not include job differences
Like women are social workers, teachers, etc
And the men are miners, oil workers, and other such rough but well-paid jobs.
Plus it seems to include all jobs ever. Got to look at it on a job-by-job basis

So yeah, if taken that way, then women earn less than men

Edit: Sniped
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #137833

Shaps wrote:what if someone peed on the carpet floor

Girls don't poop, but I'm pretty sure they still pee. I guess you can just shop-vac that up pretty easily though.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #137834

Cheridan wrote:
Shaps wrote:what if someone peed on the carpet floor

Girls don't poop, but I'm pretty sure they still pee. I guess you can just shop-vac that up pretty easily though.
i guess they could just use tampons for that anyway *shrug*
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137837

XSI wrote: Edit: Sniped
High five for debunking that bullshit though.

People who repost this graph and complain that women don't make enough want to live in a world where you get paid $10 to do your job, Sally gets paid $12 to do the same job because she's a woman, and your boss is still a man now stuck in a position where he actively has an incentive to hire fewer women because they cost more to have in his workforce at no appreciable gain.

Honestly this graph is doubly misleading because it is accounting for those multi-billion dollar CEO's and company owners and averaging them in with all the grunt dudes working the factory line, while in the middle are a bunch of cushy office and clerical positions dominated by women. You want to see sexism in the work-place, try being a dude and applying for any kind of clerical, HR, or representative position in any company. That's all "women's work". I remember when I was working as a bank teller it was prettymuch the same shit. Men just aren't as "empathic" or "diligent" enough to do that stuff. You need to be overqualified if you want to be taken seriously.

And then nobody takes you seriously anyway, because that's a woman's job. It's like being a male nurse. Everyone looks at you funny for even wanting to do that.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #137839

Women are just better at picking jobs.

When men weigh what jobs to apply to, or what jobs of a set they got accepted for to follow up on, they are 9 times out of 10 more likely to prioritize the wage the job will earn them.

Women doing the same will focus more on things like how flexible the hours are, how close the job is to their house, how fulfilling they find the work.

Basically, men are still seeing themselves as expected to be the bread winners, women aren't, so men will take worst jobs at high wages to bring in the cash, women will take jobs they enjoy doing and prioritize the money the job makes them much less.

The wage gap is evidence of oppression of men.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137840

surely there is one that controls for occupation?

This was the only relevant data I could find, but I don't exactly trust the source since they claim to say they're non-partisan, but then call themselves progressives
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... ccupation/
Last edited by oranges on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #137841

stop copies me
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #137842

oranges wrote:surely there is one that controls for occupation?

This was the only relevant data I could find, but I don't exactly trust the source since they claim to say they're non-partisan, but then call themselves progressives
Still fucked, they lump a heart surgeon (a field that takes almost twice as long of college and residentials and what not get into) with any other avg surgeon.
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137843

oranges wrote:surely there is one that controls for occupation?

>jobs with the biggest wage gaps between men and women
>over half of them are commissions-based jobs in sales and financial advising, advertising or other jobs where your salary is heavily dependant on performance or leadership value

Yeah definitely sexism at work here and no other contributing factors could have anything to do with it
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #137845

MrStonedOne wrote:Women are just better at picking jobs.

When men weigh what jobs to apply to, or what jobs of a set they got accepted for to follow up on, they are 9 times out of 10 more likely to prioritize the wage the job will earn them.

Women doing the same will focus more on things like how flexible the hours are, how close the job is to their house, how fulfilling they find the work.

Basically, men are still seeing themselves as expected to be the bread winners, women aren't, so men will take worst jobs at high wages to bring in the cash, women will take jobs they enjoy doing and prioritize the money the job makes them much less.

The wage gap is evidence of oppression of men.
Don't forget, when dating, women still want to date and marry UP
Which is becoming harder and harder for them because THEY are now taking all the office jobs and increasing the supply of labour so wages overall are going down. After all, supply and demand

So when they complain 'where have all the good men gone?', it's not that these men are gone. It's just that they can't get those jobs due to increased competition in the workforce driving down the wages

Not that they're all like that, but that seems to be the trend
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137846

I wasn't casting any aspersions, you seem a bit defensive about that though.
MrStonedOne
Host

Post by MrStonedOne » #137848

>Physicians and Surgeons

Have you ever taken a look at the gender break down of the sub fields.

Protip: the ones don't take 15 some years of commitment to get into are women dominated or gender balanced, the others are all or massively men.

Because it turns out, if you aren't gender roled expected to provide for your wife children, you generally don't have the motivation to spend 15 years trying to get into a sub field of surgery that pays super well.
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #137849

oranges wrote:I wasn't casting any aspersions, you seem a bit defensive about that though.
If you say so.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #137851

i should get gamergate involved in ss13

that'd be funny
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #137854

but gamergate is about ethics in video game journalism, not feminism, silly goof.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #137855

One time I dated a woman and it was an all around negative experience. Not because she was a feminist or anything, she was just an awful person.

0/10 will not touch a boob again
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #137863

With regards to the male-female wage gap: I'm of the opinion that it probably exists, but centrally because of attitudes towards self-promotional behavior (and that trying to solve the problem by legislation won't help.)

Men who talk themselves up and vigorously assert themselves come across as confident leaders who deserve a raise/promotion/blowjob.

Women who talk themselves up and vigorously assert themselves come across as bitches.

However,I sure as hell can't think of a way for legislation to solve the problem. Basically, until society changes, which will prolly take a while, it's not gonna change.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #137864

These threads are dum...
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #137919

Feminism Thread MK III [Enhanced Edition] [Unabridged] [Definitive Divine Truth of the Final Prophet PBUH]
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #137929

Money and income gap aren't an issue. My tumblr blog donations and autism checks let me buy all the cocaine and black studs I want (I am a womankin).

The issue is safety and home violence. I am a citizen of the universe, the whole world is my home, and as such I am a victim of home violence and home mass shootings there never were any female mass shooters because females are more empathetic and have actual BRAIN MATTER in their BRAIN instead of DICKS like men do and they understand that grabbing a metal penis and spraying lead sperm to make mother Gaia fertile with corpses and blood again is a bad idea nitrites/nitrates are better at that so basically we need to STAMP OUT MALE PAGAN FERTILITY MURDER DRUIDIC RITUALS BY COMING BACK TO OUR ORIGINAL ABRAHAMIC SHINTO where we worship Amaterasu (she is female and that shows how tolerant and progressive buddhism is) after all you don't see buddhists do mass school shootings like ISIS does to people they capture, so when I get my Japanese animation degree I will move to Gensokyo and be a transmiko save the rainforests.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #138013

Maddox sums it up well:
[youtube]BDj_bN0L8XM[/youtube]
Mime: Depresso
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #138067

Whoisthere wrote:Money and income gap aren't an issue. My tumblr blog donations and autism checks let me buy all the cocaine and black studs I want (I am a womankin).

The issue is safety and home violence. I am a citizen of the universe, the whole world is my home, and as such I am a victim of home violence and home mass shootings there never were any female mass shooters because females are more empathetic and have actual BRAIN MATTER in their BRAIN instead of DICKS like men do and they understand that grabbing a metal penis and spraying lead sperm to make mother Gaia fertile with corpses and blood again is a bad idea nitrites/nitrates are better at that so basically we need to STAMP OUT MALE PAGAN FERTILITY MURDER DRUIDIC RITUALS BY COMING BACK TO OUR ORIGINAL ABRAHAMIC SHINTO where we worship Amaterasu (she is female and that shows how tolerant and progressive buddhism is) after all you don't see buddhists do mass school shootings like ISIS does to people they capture, so when I get my Japanese animation degree I will move to Gensokyo and be a transmiko save the rainforests.
I can't tell where the realness ends and the parody begins
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #138075

An0n3 wrote:
Whoisthere wrote:Money and income gap aren't an issue. My tumblr blog donations and autism checks let me buy all the cocaine and black studs I want (I am a womankin).

I can't tell where the realness ends and the parody begins
it's like a horrifying ouroboros with a vagina insted of a mouth
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #138086

stop copies me
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #138118

Why girl spider bigger than boy spider?
Why girl mantis eat boy mantis?

Stop mandibly.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #138173

whisper peoplearestrange
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #138205

Soon the radical oppression of men will begin.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #138219

Feminism == Metagaming IRL ???
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #138234

Powergaming, I'd say.

OH ALSO

US military is going to be even more of a joke, because women are being admitted into all combat roles.
They already have an easy time going through Basic, and I doubt it'll be that much harder than it is now.

Now, I haven't looked it up, but I have a feeling they aren't going to be forced to sign up for the draft despite them being allowed into combat roles.